He maybe a Gooner, but he gets it...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For me the exciting bit is.....Wilder isn’t showing his hand yet....some in the media are impressed but they haven’t seen him at his best yet.

We haven’t played anywhere near our best
And having our best ever squad, there are loads of quality players that have hardly played.
Logic suggests we will only get better throughout the season.

For me the exciting bit is.....Wilder isn’t showing his hand yet....some in the media are impressed but they haven’t seen him at his best yet.

We haven’t played anywhere near our best
And having our best ever squad, there are loads of quality players that have hardly played.
Logic suggests we will only get better throughout the season.

That's what I'm thinking and hoping.

I admittedly got frustrated during the first half on Saturday because I thought we can't keep gifting soft goals when we have a chance against many teams imho.

The positive for me though is the mistakes are avoidable and not down to lack of ability, and we've done ok so far with as you say the likelihood of more improvement to come.

The there's Mr Bloom on YT doing the Champ stuff. Any intelligent analysis seems to be on YT and Twatter these days.

Really good that. Nice to see that people are standing up against these so called expert pundits by using fact not just opinion.

I’d happily listen to this guy over any of the sky or bbc pundits.

Beans perhaps a future guest for the pod?

Amazing that 'professional' pundits can't do the same thing.

We saw and heard it so much last season with the likes of Blades Analytics and Beans but also Benjamin Bloom and Colin Murray. None of these are former footballers, mostly they’re just passionate people that Actually watch the game and analyse it.

There are so many tools out there that pundits could use to reinforce their point. I also find myself commenting post match on what I’ve seen, but with a caveat that I might be wrong because often it’s an opinion about a player and things like pass maps and heat maps will prove me wrong, which is great.

I loved the analytics done over the pod last season and I love the stats out there on Twitter and various sites on the internet

What all this means is that if simple folk like us can access basic information, why aren’t the tv stations and pundits...

Research is a wonderful thing

If there was an equivalent of wilder in the French or Spanish leagues the likes of real Madrid ,Barcelona and all the other top clubs would be bare Knuckle fighting in the streets to get him

He regularly goes into a show called The Kick Off, which is a YouTube show usually around a Sunday afternoon Premier League match. He brought one of the other lads down when they were chatting about the weekends result. The other lad basically said "Yeah but come on, it's Sheff United"... He wasn't happy about it lol.

It's lads like this (and Bloom from the Championship) which make me think that the mainstream punditry is on its last legs. They've become complacent, lazy and don't care about what they actually do for a very good living. Sooner or later, Sky & the BBC will have to do something about the shockingly poor quality of their content as people like Hughwizzy (needs to sort that name out!) grow in popularity, the big boys will become less relevant & have to resort to "shock tactics" to pull in views (hello TalkSport).

He hit the nail on the head of something thats been bothering me.
I hadn’t really given a toss about the prem or watched a game for about 4-5 years and going back to it now the coverage is appalling!
They seem to want to talk about anything BUT the actual football
Its all about “incidents” that they can spoon-feed you opinions on.
I’ve listened to Football Weekly and The Totally Football Show today, and both spent longer talking about Jack Grealish’s dive being a travesty (it fucking was a dive - he’s a grown man FFS) than they did talking about our game or what happened.

This guy is spot on and is a refreshing change from the overpaid knobs in the media. I really do hope that the media wakes up and starts to employ researchers like this guy and BB.

I'd love to hear what the knobs have to say if we do stop up this year.

He regularly goes into a show called The Kick Off, which is a YouTube show usually around a Sunday afternoon Premier League match. He brought one of the other lads down when they were chatting about the weekends result. The other lad basically said "Yeah but come on, it's Sheff United"... He wasn't happy about it lol.

It's lads like this (and Bloom from the Championship) which make me think that the mainstream punditry is on its last legs. They've become complacent, lazy and don't care about what they actually do for a very good living. Sooner or later, Sky & the BBC will have to do something about the shockingly poor quality of their content as people like Hughwizzy (needs to sort that name out!) grow in popularity, the big boys will become less relevant & have to resort to "shock tactics" to pull in views (hello TalkSport).

The likes of crooks have a contract with the BBC, not sure if it's sine die or if it's yearly. But that's when they become lazy, there's absolutely no need for him to put the extra hours researching when he can watch a game or two over the weekends, generally featuring the big six and give informed opinions on those only. The rest he doesn't care about and he doesn't need to, he gets his cash however shite his punditry is and however little he puts into his work.

And we pay for it!

That fat Geordie twat who’s on there is an arse of the highest order. Claims to be a massive Newcastle fan and I’m pretty sure he thinks Shearer still plays for them.

Seen clips of two of their videos this season and it’s obvious they don’t know anything outside the top 6. A lot of these ‘fans’ poncing about on you tube know even less than the pundits. There are of course exceptions to this rule but there are with pundits, also.

You are absolutely right!

The world changed about 30 years ago with the invention of the world-wide web. From that point onwards, ordinary folk were able to have a voice.

We can all now access information that previously wasn't available to us. We can publish ourselves (look! I'm doing it now!).:cool:

What was once the privileged domain of a few is now open to the masses. If you want to be paid top-dollar for being an expert, you'd better be one. Or someone, who hasn't come from the same privileged background as you, or has not been to the same standard school as you, or doesn't have the same network of professional contacts as you, might just take your place. Because they work hard at it and are genuine enthusiasts at it.

A bit like our "little old Sheffield United" in the Premiership eh?

No reason to be there according to some - except...we're good at what we do.

Always been a fan of Hugh Wizzy being one of the few internet types to actually have a personality and after this my already high admiration for him has sky rocketed.

Back
Top Bottom