Incoming? Folarin Balogun

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Houso

Reaction score
Well that came from nowhere.

Story C&P'ed for those who don't want to visit the rag.

Arsenal have turned down an approach from Sheffield United for their striker prospect Folarin Balogun

The Blades are understood to have offered £3m plus add-ons for the 19 year-old.

But Arsenal responded by asking for a total package worth in the region of £15m, comprising an initial payment with further bonuses.

And Arsenal’s valuation stunned the Blades given Balogun will be free to sign a pre-contract agreement from January to leave at the end of his current deal, a situation which will earn the Gunners a small compensation fee.

Sheffield United are looking to bolster their attacking options with a new striker in the present transfer window.

Their move for Balogun comes amid links with another young England striker in Liverpool's Rhian Brewster.

Chris Wilder's men fired a blank when they began their season on Monday with a 2-0 defeat at home to Wolves.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-bid-19-year-old-striker-Folarin-Balogun.html

I would absolutely 100% have him....but not for £15 Mill.

Linked heavily with Brentford

We’ll only pay what we think a player is worth but our low ball offers will either be hit or miss.

reading told us where to go for swift, as did forest with cash. But on the flip side we appear to have got a steal from derby for the fullbacks. The only sensible way to run the club is to walk away if the prices get crazy

we seemingly aren’t going to get him for £3m but no chance we go anywhere near £15m. Suspect this might have been a potential cheap option to cover whilst moose is out.

I'm surprised they didn't call it a "derisory offer"! 😆

Well, if we want him bad enough we can always go back and put another 10 bob on the table perhaps?

Do you think this maybe a little warning shot across the bows to get Liverpool to hurry up and let us have Brewster?

Well, if we want him bad enough we can always go back and put another 10 bob on the table perhaps?

Do you think this maybe a little warning shot across the bows to get Liverpool to hurry up and let us have Brewster?
No because if we sign someone else, they will just loan or sell Brewster to someone else, plenty in for him it seems.

more likely Brewster isn’t happening quick enough or the player might not be keen. Think we are scrabbling to get some bodies in with moose out long term seemingly

We’ll only pay what we think a player is worth but our low ball overs will either be hit or miss.

reading told us where to go for swift, as did forest with cash. But on the flip side we appear to have got a steal from derby for the fullbacks. The only sensible way to run the club is to walk away if the prices get crazy

we seemingly aren’t going to get him for £3m but no chance we go anywhere near £15m.

Re Swift - was it that our offer was too low? I thought it was about the Chairman of the club not wanting to sell him and refusing to even discuss it.

I tell you what, games like that one last night highlighted to me how useful a player like Swift would be for us. A very attacking minded midfielder who scores a fair few and makes lots of assists. I hope we go back in for him - I don't see why not? The Chairman may have to accept the inevitable and if we get near to the end of the window a deal could still be done perhaps?

Re Swift - was it that our offer was too low? I thought it was about the Chairman of the club not wanting to sell him and refusing to even discuss it.

I tell you what, games like that one last night highlighted to me how useful a player like Swift would be for us. A very attacking minded midfielder who scores a fair few and makes lots of assists. I hope we go back in for him - I don't see why not? The Chairman may have to accept the inevitable and if we get near to the end of the window a deal could still be done perhaps?

Think it might have been a bit of both. Certainly If the sub £5m offer was supposed to be true it’s certainly not forced the chairmans hand.

I do agree I feel we miss a midfielder who can create something from nothing. We don’t really have anyone like that - i appreciate that we have a patient style and build up approach. But the option of something different and a goal threat would certainly come in handy.

hopefully we still have a few more irons in the fire with regard to the final outlook of the squad. After all if we wanted him when Freeman was still hear we could argue our need has only increased since. one thing is for sure though we need to do better with the crosses / balls we are putting into the box!

Can't say I know a great deal about him, but a £15m package whilst a lot, if heavily targeted based on games, goals, league finish etc possibly makes sense.

£Xm upfront
£Xm based on 50 league games
£Xm based on 20 league goals
£Xm based on survival

If its structured so we pay 15m if he's successful and safeguard if he flops then it feels like a fair deal. Doesn't take a lot for 15m to be a steal on this market.

Lower risk punts like this are probably a reasonable recruitment strategy for us moving forwards

Would love this if true it would be well worth the punt as he’s deadly at youth level and as a development option it’s an excellent investment

Id yet again rather go to Belgium, Netherlands and Scandinavia and see if there is any forwards we can poach there. Dregging through top british clubs academies is starting to reek of desperation after blowing our budget on a keeper.

Think it might have been a bit of both. Certainly If the sub £5m offer was supposed to be true it’s certainly not forced the chairmans hand.

I do agree I feel we miss a midfielder who can create something from nothing. We don’t really have anyone like that - i appreciate that we have a patient style and build up approach. But the option of something different and a goal threat would certainly come in handy.

hopefully we still have a few more irons in the fire with regard to the final outlook of the squad. After all if we wanted him when Freeman was still hear we could argue our need has only increased since. one thing is for sure though we need to do better with the crosses / balls we are putting into the box!

On John Swift, the Prince said in an interview that "we had agreements with 2 clubs and 2 players, only for the club to change their mind at the last minute."

I'm pretty sure that one was John Swift and the offer was somewhere between £3.5m - £5m.

Then it came out that the Chairman had changed his mind & wanted to build his team around him & would only listen to offers over £10m.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Chris Wilder in this market. He wanted Antonee Robinson, Matty Cash, John Swift & Rhian Brewster and it looks like he's had to move down to second / third choice on all of his targets.

We are seemingly bidding low amounts for some of these players with big add-ons. We're going to struggle to bring the right people in.

Back
Top Bottom