Match Thread EFL Cup: Burnley v. Sheffield United - 17th September 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BUR
BUR
BUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

Burnley v Sheffield United (17:30)
PAUL TIERNEY
Simon Bennett and James Mainwaring
Fourth Official : David Coote

please for the love of mercy can we play with a number 10 tonight!

Our strike force right now is toothless to say the least. Why not try playing Didzy as a number 10 with Mcburnie and Burke up front and see how we go against prem quality

Between getting promoted and now, i would of at least expected us to test the water once with a number 10.

If there was a prime opportunity to try it out, then surely tonight would be the night.

please for the love of mercy can we play with a number 10 tonight!

Our strike force right now is toothless to say the least. Why not try playing Didzy as a number 10 with Mcburnie and Burke up front and see how we go against prem quality

Between getting promoted and now, i would of at least expected us to test the water once with a number 10.

If there was a prime opportunity to try it out, then surely tonight would be the night.

It really is bizarre now, given the problems we've had since promotion, that we never try playing a genuine number 10 after all the success it gave us for 3 years. Not only that but we get rid of any decent player we have who can play that role.

Team suggestion:

Foderingham

Ampadu Jags Robinson

Bogle - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Lowe

Lundstram Rodwell Osborn

Burke McGoldrick

I think the main thing is to give playing time to the new lads in the positions they are most likely to play. This means we should keep our current formation and a few experienced lads will make sure we keep our style. Rodwell at DCM may mean less playmaking from that position, but McGoldrick linking play will help.

A tenner to watch Burnley Reserves v Sheffield United reserves on the telly!

They can foxtrot oscar! I wouldn't pay that much to get in the stadium!

this is a weird game as the League cup which i believe really shouldve had a sabbatical, because they couldnt have made it any more inconvenient in the scheduling if they tried. but it really is a bonus game because i would never want to lose, but win great as it breeds confidence & helps the 2nd string get some games. lose also great we get a free week before the yorkshire derby & when you see the schedule below its alot of effort for 25 grand which we only get in january & do we really want to be playing mon, thurs, mon, wed, sun, wed, sat for the 1st month of the season. & christmas is already jam packed with 8 games in the month do we want to add further 2 games in to that schedule

i always off the same opinion most seasons. if we going to have a cup run have it in the fa cup its better scheduling, more prestige & more money we got a over a million pound for our FA cup run to quarters & oxford/colchester league cup run to quarters got nothing

temp 1_LI (2).jpgtemp 1.jpg

this is a weird game as the League cup which i believe really shouldve had a sabbatical, because they couldnt have made it any more inconvenient in the scheduling if they tried. but it really is a bonus game because i would never want to lose, but win great as it breeds confidence & helps the 2nd string get some games. lose also great we get a free week before the yorkshire derby & when you see the schedule below its alot of effort for 25 grand which we only get in january & do we really want to be playing mon, thurs, mon, wed, sun, wed, sat for the 1st month of the season. & christmas is already jam packed with 8 games in the month do we want to add further 2 games in to that schedule

i always off the same opinion most seasons. if we going to have a cup run have it in the fa cup its better scheduling, more prestige & more money we got a over a million pound for our FA cup run to quarters & oxford/colchester league cup run to quarters got nothing

View attachment 92010View attachment 92009

Leeds went out last night so sorted there “break” before we play them too .

Spending my 10 English £s and supporting my team.

Get ready for another meltdown when we crash out of the cup tonight.

This forum has turned into a gaggle of whining fannies.

Anyone who misplaces a single pass will have ‘ given the ball away all night’ and any striker not scoring from a half chance from 15 yds at a tight angle will have ‘missed another sitter’.

So back in action with the visit to Burnley in the League Cup. Obviously it's a first team game, so victory is always important. However the order of the day is to avoid bookings and injuries, so a high number of changes to the 'usual' first team is also the way to go IMO...

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

Full 11 change?

Debuts for All the new boys?

So I hope we put in a good performance, and get the right result, but Monday is the important game...

I'll say 1-1 and we get through on pens...

UTB

Got to play Rammers tonight, he needs to get used to playing.
Ampadu and the derby lads, Burke up top, Osborn and Rodwell in the middle and Robinson and JAGS at the back...
Any youngsters deserve a run??

View attachment 92010View attachment 92009
I wouldn’t worry too much, looks like we’ve got plenty of time to rest through October and November.

Our right hand side is very strong - probably the future - Ampadu in the Bash role Boggle and Berge

Back
Top Bottom