Duffy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I know the game isnt over yet but Duffy has made a massive difference today, based on todays performance he defo needs to start instead of Samir for the next few games.
Carried himself well today and for me earns his place in the next league game

Hard to say. Samir's been involved in harder games this season so hasn't had the time/space Duffy's had today.

I think that Duffy works harder both when on and off the ball, tracks back more, looks for space more, wants the ball more and links up better... it's a no brainer really!

I think Duffy allows us to play our 'natural' game - he keeps the ball so well and brings others in.

Think caurruthers might be best as an impact player when we need to try and break quickly and attack clubs.

Yep given that 'Championship Strugglers' Burton didn't offer him a deal, I'm surprised he's done so well but as most others agree he's in form at the moment and it's his shirt to lose for now.

Carruthers is still learning, Duffy's an old experienced head and that gives him the edge IMO.

Duffy was brilliant today. The key to our approach play.

Holy trinity back today. It showed. Thought Fleck also back to something like and pushed Duff for MOM.

All our lads did well today, minimum 7/10 for everyone. Dominated from start to finish. Well done all.

Barnsley might struggle on that evidence. Several notches below the standard of our first 3 opponents.

Great 3 points. 1664 going down well toneet :)

UTB

It was the same last season Swiss, Duffy had moments that were poor, but the three of 'em together can produce moments of magic.
Yeah not knocking him, it's the role he plays and Brooks also has his negatives, but I'd say the biggest praise has to go to the Coutts-Fleck partnership today

I think Duffy allows us to play our 'natural' game - he keeps the ball so well and brings others in.

Think caurruthers might be best as an impact player when we need to try and break quickly and attack clubs.
Bob on. Carruthers is a good player, tricky, great to come off the bench. But he's all action, loses the ball, he's a bit frantic.

Duffy just calms it down, keeps hold of the ball and sees stuff others don't- just makes it a simple game & that's what we need. Fleck looked loads more confident for having him around.

Coutts was class & Brooks looked great when he came on, great subs bench now let's add another couple, we'll be grand

Duffy was quality today, him and Fleck had excellent games.

Could Duffy and Brooks start with Clarke being suspended? Ched looked knackered to me so not sure he'll be starting

Bob on. Carruthers is a good player, tricky, great to come off the bench. But he's all action, loses the ball, he's a bit frantic.

Duffy just calms it down, keeps hold of the ball and sees stuff others don't- just makes it a simple game & that's what we need. Fleck looked loads more confident for having him around.

Coutts was class & Brooks looked great when he came on, great subs bench now let's add another couple, we'll be grand

Agree - said a number of times last year that when Duffy played well last year we played well - he was integral to that style.

Brooks as another option is certainly a good one to have too.

Better side with Duffy in the team as was the case last season in div 1, more creative, willing to take chances and should be one of the first names on the team sheet.Well done today, decent start to campaign.

I know the game isnt over yet but Duffy has made a massive difference today, based on todays performance he defo needs to start instead of Samir for the next few games.

Indeed - wanted him Tuesday, got him on Saturday.

Probably not as skilful was Sami, but he just drifts all the time into space.

Made a big difference, but my MOM was John Fleck - quite literally "he's here, he's there, he's every fucking where............."

UTB

Duffy was excellent and Brooks was very good too when he replaced him. Both have the ability to regularly beat their man which opens things up. Need to start at least one of them home and away.

Back
Top Bottom