Dean Henderson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I love Hendo. He's the best keeper I've ever seen at The Lane IMO but he isn't our player and in all likelihood never will be.

On that basis we decided to go for a more long term solution in Ramsdale who was never going to be a like for like replacement in the short term. Barring the Wolves and Chelsea games I don't actually think he's done much wrong so what do you think his confidence would be like if we went and loaned Hendo in January and stuck him back on the bench???

Don't really care and it shouldn't be a considering factor.

Hendo will save us more points making us less likely to be relegated. That is the only factor to consider.

Hendo will save us more points making us less likely to be relegated. That is the only factor to consider.
I think cost comes into it.
There is no reason to believe he would want to come back

And then what happens in the summer???

We are just back to square one yet again and bring Ramsdale back in or end up spending another large chunk on another keeper that may or may not end up being as good as Hendo so with all due respect I don't care that you don't care.

And then what happens in the summer???

We are just back to square one yet again and bring Ramsdale back in or end up spending another large chunk on another keeper that may or may not end up being as good as Hendo so with all due respect I don't care that you don't care.

That's the summer's problem. I would be very happy if we had that problem whilst being in the Premierleague.

If we look at saves made promrata to changes that we have given the opposition, Ramsdale is at least midway in the premiership,statistics.
Yes he made a mistake against Chelsea but people conveniently forget Henderson’s gift of three points to Liverpool. Yes Henderson is a good keeper but way too far out of our range for both fee and wages and Ramsdale will not be that far behind him in twelve months time.

If it comes down to the allocation of funds in January what improves us more a serviceable left centre back or a slight improvement between the sticks? I’d argue the centre back should be where most of our funds go in jan.

Why do we continue with this reterict... he's not our player!

If it comes down to the allocation of funds in January what improves us more a serviceable left centre back or a slight improvement between the sticks? I’d argue the centre back should be where most of our funds go in jan.
Permanent LCB (Cooper) and creative RCM/CAM EPL loan

I would go the other way
We need a permanent midfield player to replace Lundstram, whereas JOC will be back to reclaim his rightful position next season

I personally think our current defensive frailties are due more to the injury to Jack O’Connell than the signing of Aaron Ramsdale.

Dean Henderson, will never play for Sheffield United again, by all means enjoy the memories, but lets look to the future and get behind the players who want to wear our shirt, week in week out 🤔

Permanent LCB (Cooper) and creative RCM/CAM EPL loan
I’d love cooper if we’ve got the funds don’t think we can have a domestic loan as we’ve already got ampadu

We have one domestic and one foreign, v surprised that we did not use both in the previous window. It goes without saying that this is the most economic way to sign better quality players and should be our first port of call unless we have identified players who are running down their contract in the same way that lundstram is.

Are there any players jumping out to anyone to fill that role mine would’ve been Gallagher in pre season but obviously that ship has sailed.

Why don’t we sign Henderson is a comment made by some on here.
It is indicative of today’s society

I want it now, can’t afford it, will go in to debt but it does not matter but I think it will be better than what I have.

Cast your mind back to mistakes he made when he was here and then think of the mistakes that Ramsdale has made? Not a lot to choose between the two.
Think of the defence that Henderson played behind in comparison to what Ramsdale is protected by?

Ramsdale lives eats and breathes Sheffield United, apparently Henderson lives eats and breathes one of the other Uniteds.
Ramsdale is our future and will grow with us.

If something is worth having it is worth waiting for; football, like life should not be an instant fix at prices you can not afford

Some pass he just played in the build up to Man U's equaliser!

I think his distribution was an important factor for us last year, not just his goalkeeping prowess

His long ball distribution for us was abysmal imo mate.
I agree it wasn't the best, but it was a damn sight better than Ramsdale's! I still think Rammers will come good and I don't want to get into comparing them, just think that his distribution has been shocking so far.

I agree it wasn't the best, but it was a damn sight better than Ramsdale's! I still think Rammers will come good and I don't want to get into comparing them, just think that his distribution has been shocking so far.
Think rammers distribution has been below hendos, but that's purely as it's more punts upfield. Hendo either was instructed to start play from the back, he very rarely hoofed the ball up like ramsdale is this season.

Think rammers distribution has been below hendos, but that's purely as it's more punts upfield. Hendo either was instructed to start play from the back, he very rarely hoofed the ball up like ramsdale is this season.
Thats a good point, I've wondered whether it's that he's being asked to hoof it or whether that's because he's not comfortable playing it out. Just hope he has his weetabix in the morning!

Wasn’t there a stat last season that showed Henderson had played more forward long passes than any other Keeper in the division? I seem to recall it was linked to a low pass completion record (which I always thought was a harsh stat to judge Keepers by)

Edit: I’ve just looked it up. In terms of long passes per 90 minutes, Henderson was 4th out of all players in the Division (not just keepers) behind Pope, Foster and Hennessey, though the latter only played a couple of games.

Last edited:

Thats a good point, I've wondered whether it's that he's being asked to hoof it or whether that's because he's not comfortable playing it out. Just hope he has his weetabix in the morning!
You're both romanticising. One of the enduring facets of Wilder's management is that goalkeepers are instructed to get the ball as far away from our goal as possible. Henderson had one of the longest pass lengths last season, from memory only Pope's was longer.

Do you think Manure will lets us have him for one night ( Thursday ) just for old times sake like , and would they miss him if we kidnap him ?

will dean henderson make our midfield any better sell burger and loan a left center half and a midfielder who can make tackles and order people about and use burger money to buy a attacking midfielder

Back
Top Bottom