Corey Smith

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Both guilty. I was named after Glen(n) Miller by one of my older brothers, that's why i avoid going out on foggy days........

When we heard that a Corey in gaelic for "Mountain Glen" we couldn't resist (given that's how he was conceived) :D

He's going to love you even more than ever for telling us all that on here :D

just because he can play a week later means it wasn't half as bad as the theatrics made out
Have to agree to disagree here.

I don’t think limping off is theatrics.

It was a bad tackle. He couldn’t carry on.

He certainly didn’t deserve booing.

Poor sportsmanship on our fans’ part.

What about all the faux horror from the Bristol players who made it look like amputation might be required?
this is what caused the booing.. the bristol players did their utmost to milk it.. the lad with the crappy dreadlocks sprinted 50 yards brandishing his ‘red card’.. fastest he ran all afternoon
smith played yesterday btw

Last edited:
And scored an injury time winner last night against Man United, no doubt with steel plates and pins in his leg, from that career ending tackle he took from Fleck............

The tackle from Fleck was a bad one. He had to go off. He’s lucky he wasn’t badly injured and he’s just scored a winner against Man United - I’m happy for him.

What is wrong with people?
i'm 'very' biased that's all.. is that wrong? :D
he won't get a glttl from me sorry

The first angle I saw the tackle from looked like he placed his foot where Fleck was sliding and could easily have been avoided. I haven't been able to find that shot of it since so maybe i was mistaken but to me it looked a deliberate ploy to get somebody sent off. It worked and we're paying for it for 4 games, Bristol City get promoted this season, that was where it was won.

The first angle I saw the tackle from looked like he placed his foot where Fleck was sliding and could easily have been avoided. I haven't been able to find that shot of it since so maybe i was mistaken but to me it looked a deliberate ploy to get somebody sent off. It worked and we're paying for it for 4 games, Bristol City get promoted this season, that was where it was won.

You think Smith saw Fleck sliding in and deliberately put his foot in his path to get injured? A professional footballer? Am I reading that right?

You think Smith saw Fleck sliding in and deliberately put his foot in his path to get injured? A professional footballer? Am I reading that right?
I'm sure you read it right but you seem to have difficulty comprehending what was written. Have another read and try to reinterpret what was written.

I thought I was one eyed but I can see that compared to some Blades, I look like a lilly livered neutral.
Now are you talking about what I wrote or our resident journalist? Because like all poor journalists he's written something that I didn't state.

I'm sure you read it right but you seem to have difficulty comprehending what was written. Have another read and try to reinterpret what was written.

‘He placed his foot where Fleck was sliding - to me it looked a deliberate ploy to get somebody sent off’ o_O

Now are you talking about what I wrote or our resident journalist? Because like all poor journalists he's written something that I didn't state.

You said "looked like he placed his foot where Fleck was sliding and could easily have been avoided"

It is that which I suggest is 'one-eyed'.

For that you win the 'bigger Blade than me' award for the month of December.

You said "looked like he placed his foot where Fleck was sliding and could easily have been avoided"

It is that which I suggest is 'one-eyed'.

For that you win the 'bigger Blade than me' award for the month of December.
But you did not put your comment under that quote, did you? So I responded to what you commented on, not what you thought you commented on. Now if you can accept this (I mean it's all on this thread in black and white) I'll move on to responding to your comment.

But you did not put your comment under that quote, did you?

Oh come on, get real. Have you never posted a comment on not quite the right line before?
AFAIA, it is not a hanging offence.

Now if you can accept this

It's a fair cop guv.

Guilty as charged your honour and you've got me bang to rights and no mistake.

Please don't transport me to the colonies as I hate that Castlemaine shit.

I asked you: ‘You think Smith saw Fleck sliding in and deliberately put his foot in his path to get injured? A professional footballer? Am I reading that right?’
So of course he's not trying to get injured - I never suggested that, I'm saying he purposely got Fleck sent off, chances of him getting injured were slim, he wasn't going head to head with Fleck he came in from the side after the ball was won (by Fleck) who was already sliding. It's like 'winning' a penalty but he won a 'sending off'.

Jesus. Seriously. I really wonder about some of our fans.

Smith didn't play act. He got caught fair and square. It wasn't the worst tackle ever, just one that will regularly see a ref waving a red in today's game.

Just because he wasn't out for a while doesn't mean he didn't get hurt on the day.

Why would a key player have left the pitch like he did.

Get a grip.

It was a deserved sending off.

Smith clearly was not badly injured, but that isn’t to say that he was ok to continue that game. This could easily have been precautionary.

Substituting him as some sort of continued con would make no sense since the red had already been given, and since he is one of their better players – there was absolutely nothing for the player or manager to gain from it.

He was hobbling at the final whistle grimacing. He didn't dive or make a meal of it.

I got wound up by their bench on the night but the bitterness from some is embarrassing.

So of course he's not trying to get injured - I never suggested that, I'm saying he purposely got Fleck sent off, chances of him getting injured were slim, he wasn't going head to head with Fleck he came in from the side after the ball was won (by Fleck) who was already sliding. It's like 'winning' a penalty but he won a 'sending off'.

Chances of him getting injured were slim o_O unless his ankles are made of granite there was more than a chance. Fleck got himself sent off.

Jesus. Seriously. I really wonder about some of our fans.

Smith didn't play act. He got caught fair and square. It wasn't the worst tackle ever, just one that will regularly see a ref waving a red in today's game.

Just because he wasn't out for a while doesn't mean he didn't get hurt on the day.

Why would a key player have left the pitch like he did.

Get a grip.
Jesus! Me too! Just because somebody has a difference of opinion from Davalon he wonders about them. Well I wonder about you mate based on this message. You're entitled to your opinion and me mine so fucking wind it in.

Jesus! Me too! Just because somebody has a difference of opinion from Davalon he wonders about them. Well I wonder about you mate based on this message. You're entitled to your opinion and me mine so fucking wind it in.
You're having a bit of a shocker here.

I knew that posting something like this would cause a furore but these responses are beyond stupid. I have stated an opinion and I don't think one response hasn't included insults, and sorry Danny04 you misrepresented what I'd said and you should know better.

Back
Top Bottom