Incoming? Callum Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Where have you seen that. Wouldn't be able to use him this season anyway would we?

Might be a situation where we aren't willing to let WBA extend it without committing to signing him permanently.

Definitely been training with West Brom this morning by the looks of it!

Where have you seen that. Wouldn't be able to use him this season anyway would we?

Seen down Shirecliffe (and on an Instagram post, I'll see if I can find it again...) wearing a United shirt with Black Lives Matter on the back.

He's uploaded this too, if there's owt in it...

Screenshot_20200625_152854.jpg

Screenshot_20200625_152820_com.instagram.android.jpg

👀👀👀👀

I was going to post something about us trying to get him back to give some ooomf to the front line. If he's back, great. Might be just what we need going into Sunday

Given we have struggled up front all season, loaning him out for the season did and does seem daft. I know he was hit and miss but no more than our other strikers

Seen down Shirecliffe (and on an Instagram post, I'll see if I can find it again...) wearing a United shirt with Black Lives Matter on the back.

If he was seen down Shirecliffe, maybe. But I don't think you can read too much into the instagram posts. Both shirts are next to each other, and it looks to me as if he just had them sent to him. His latest post on his story is being driven somewhere while wearing WBA shorts. What this tells us, Christ knows, but probably that you can't read too much into his Instagram.

Some things to bear in mind:
  1. As mentioned repeatedly, we cannot recall him to include him in our Premier League squad
  2. We could play him in the FA Cup, but that seems pretty needless to recall him for potentially just one game, screwing WBA in the process
  3. At a time when we’ve been unhappy about clubs/players not agreeing to extend loans (or dragging their heels), we’re hardly going to be hypocritical and do likewise
  4. The shirts he’s pictured will have been made up not for use – the BLM name was only on the back of shirts for the first few games
  5. He’s snapped himself after that photo in WBA shorts
I know it’s hot, but have a think.

Heard some rumours yesterday about the professionalism of one of our ex-Bournemouth players. Could 2 + 2 = 4?

Given we have struggled up front all season, loaning him out for the season did and does seem daft. I know he was hit and miss but no more than our other strikers

Helped us score the goals in the Chelsea and Man Utd games.

The suggestion that he wasn't actually injured yesterday but wanted to come off?
No. The rumour I was told was about his lifestyle away from the training ground. I've just noticed a thread on the General and perhaps some have heard the same one.
He didn't look in great shape when he lifted his top up.

So they did! My app didn’t update last night, only showed they made 3 changes at full time... checked this morning and it shows the 4th & 5th subs.
Yeah, the commentators said he's started most games since he joined them, I haven't really kept track of him tbf because I don't think he will be here next season.

I was excited with Robinson's early performances, with his pace and his willingness just to have an attempt on goal from anywhere, but as the season has gone on, he seemed less and less effective.

I'd like to see him given another chance next season if he carries on doing well for WBA.

As much an outlet as mousset is, hes too unreliable with his fitness to be a regular, whereas with a but more time, development in the right areas, theres nothing to say Robinson couldnt be a regular for us.

It's a strange one. He doesn't really fit into how we play, so it was an odd signing in the first place.

He looked scared to me. Like he thought he didn't belong in the Premier League and over-awed by it all. He has definitely got talent and there's still time to improve but he needs to be much more confident.

It's not yet time to give up on Robinson yet. He looked short on confidence but I think he can step up

Robinson has already performed better when playing wider. I like him as a player but suspect he'll never be able to perform as a central striker. I'd therefore rather cash-in and reinvest the proceeds into someone that would be a more natural fit in Utd's formation, either an out-and-out striker or someone that's able to drop deeper to link play.

Back
Top Bottom