Broadbent

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

PurpleRain

Reaction score
This young lad is sent on loan to us (Beerschot). Any feedback on what type of player he is, much appreciated!

Seems like this could be a good move, for any of our young players who are in need of a loan. Playing abroad will undoubtedly help provide many of them with a great experience and a chance to build on some 'soft skills' too.

Bergen Blade or Ball_Sup (Phil) are your best bet.

I "think", he's a box-to-box type player in the John Lundstram mould. Could be wrong though 🤷‍♂️

Yes, that is my impression as well, Frank Lampard may be another comparison. He's scored quite a few goals following wholehearted runs from midfield, looks really determined to get on the end of things and his finishing seems good. The U23 have other players in midfield who are the playmaker type (Brunt), which means that Broadbent makes more off the ball runs, rather than distributing from deep. So I haven't seen enough of his passing, he just seems to be bombing forward all the time. He looks quite strong and is a bit taller than a few of the other U23 lads. We signed him from Man United's academy.

This young lad is sent on loan to us (Beerschot). Any feedback on what type of player he is, much appreciated!
Saw the penalty decision go against your boys yesterday. Absolute joke of a decision.

Yes that was a shocking penalty. But in fairness we probably got what we deserved from the game. We’re going through a difficult period with too many injuries. All 3 players that can play right back are out so we have to field a central midfielder in that role. Not ideal. And we miss Tissoudali up front who gives us a creative edge and ball retention (comparable to McGoldrick). The positive side is that some young players are now being properly tested.

One of our first choice midfielders is suspended on 5 yellow cards for next game so good chance he will get first minutes. Immediately against champions club Brugge so good test.

Got 5 minutes as a sub when we were 3-0 down and the game was finished. Did not make the best impression with two touches straight into opposition feet but can’t blame him in the circumstances. Hope we get to assess him more properly in one of the next games. In any case he is already getting the experience of a change in manager during a season. That’s an experience he would not have had in Sheffield 😄

Big call to say it so definitively. Do you believe they'll be big offers for his services given he'll be coming back from the injury?

Pre injury i would have said he's gone in the summer for sure but now I can see Berge starting 2021-22 with us in the Champ then going in January after a series of stellar displays...that said, it depends how much we need the funds, if our summer budget depends on outgoings, (which it probably well could) then I can see a quiet call to his agent being made....

Pre injury i would have said he's gone in the summer for sure but now I can see Berge starting 2021-22 with us in the Champ then going in January after a series of stellar displays...that said, it depends how much we need the funds, if our summer budget depends on outgoings, (which it probably well could) then I can see a quiet call to his agent being made....

He'll be already instructing his Agent to manufacture a move out from us.

Bear in mind he didn't want to join us originally because we'd just come up to the Prem & he thought we'd struggle. There's no way he wants to play in Tier 2.

Same with JOC.

My worry for the summer is Egan. If Flwck continues to perform, he could be snapped up too

Shit. I saw it was 2-1, didn't see any goal times though.

A win would've had them level with Standard Liege in the Europa spots
He also lost the ball to give those matchfixers the 1-1. Looks out of his depth at this level. Don’t want to judge him on a couple of minutes but the limited minutes he received have been painful to watch. Not showing any ball retention or recuperation.

Same with JOC.

My worry for the summer is Egan. If Flwck continues to perform, he could be snapped up too

Sadly I don't think we have to worry about losing anyone this offseason... Flecks had a horrendous run of games, and a handful of decent games at the end of the season won't be changing any other teams minds.
We should be looking at upgrading our whole midfield this offseason.

I agree, if we're not actively trying to move him on for £30m plus to fund our other business etc I think he will do a half season at least and if we're up there I could see him staying, if we're not he will be off next January. Imo build the team around him if he's staying.

Sadly I don't think we have to worry about losing anyone this offseason... Flecks had a horrendous run of games, and a handful of decent games at the end of the season won't be changing any other teams minds.
We should be looking at upgrading our whole midfield this offseason.

The three players I thought would attract interest - Egan, O'Connell & Berge - may not play another game this season.

On that basis, I think you may be right.

He also lost the ball to give those matchfixers the 1-1. Looks out of his depth at this level. Don’t want to judge him on a couple of minutes but the limited minutes he received have been painful to watch. Not showing any ball retention or recuperation.
Disappointed but not surprised purple you guys are his first taste of real senior football and the jump is massive from u23’s to top level senior football. Hopefully he finds his feet for you guys but even in the best of all worlds it’ll probably take him some time.

How's Coulibaly doing at the moment?

Wilder made comments in his post-match interview last night that more-or-less confirm that Sander Berge will be trying to find a new club this Summer. We might, therefore, look to bring Coulibaly in to replace him ahead of schedule...

Wilder made comments in his post-match interview last night that more-or-less confirm that Sander Berge will be trying to find a new club this Summer. We might, therefore, look to bring Coulibaly in to replace him ahead of schedule...
Presume that's you saying that, rather than Wilder? Figure it is as I hadn't picked up on it, but just wondered if I missed something.

He'll be already instructing his Agent to manufacture a move out from us.

Bear in mind he didn't want to join us originally because we'd just come up to the Prem & he thought we'd struggle. There's no way he wants to play in Tier 2.
Wont be the 1st player to have to change there plans after relegation.
Dont beleave any club will take a punt on him ! not proved anything yet.
He needs to show more in my opinion ,looks like a gentle giant to me he could really bully players!not seen any of that so far.
Dont beleave the prince will take a knock down price for him.
He has to earn a move,which he hasnt done yet.

We might, but we definitely won't.

Back
Top Bottom