BLUT PLANS - QPR game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I will move to the target area for the QPR game

• Total voters
Without huge numbers I think the result of that would just be a 3rd group doing their own thing without ever being too loud, in addition to F/G and D/E who obviously hate each other.

Keep reading this on here and it's horseshit. We usually have a pint while the players are being announced then just walk along the back of the kop and go stand at the top of whatever gangway is making the most noise at the start of the game (usually G, F or D, but sometimes the other side).

The problem isn't that different gangways refuse to join in with each other, (purposely) it's that there's a core at the top of each gangway who try to get things going and it just doesn't carry/ripple like it used to. By the time it carries over to a gangway or two in either direction the few who started it going have either given up, are midsong or have started something else, which is why simple repetitive shouts ("united" .. repeated, for example) tend to catch on, but longer stuff tends to die out.

I don't know the answer, but the problem is (I think, and yes, there is a some conjecture here) that many people buy season tickets or match tickets for the top of the Kop to be amongst the atmosphere with no intention of joining in. The ones who want to make some noise generally congregate at the top of the gangways, but it needs people sat in front and to the sides to join in.

Blaming the few of us who are actually trying to get things going isn't going to help, and TBH, I'm not sure moving people over to BL Upper is either, it just fragments things even more, and a lot of old timers simply won't move from the Kop (I'm not *that* old, and spent a few seasons in G block on the South Stand when it was lively there AND I think BL upper is probably the best view in the ground, far better than the Kop, but I like to see the away fans, for better or worse. Watching them go mental and then being able to take the piss when you get some kind of result is the best part of football for me).

I also suspect, even if you were able to get things going there, you'd be moved on pretty sharpish. It's a no-brainer. The powers that be (and I don't mean within the club) won't want two sets of enthusiastic supporters being on the same side of the ground, exiting together, etc.

Why not try to get something going on Gangway A? There's always tons of seats available (couple of hundred at least?). I'm one of those who might not make the trip over to BLU, but would certainly make the short walk to A!

(example, this is the current situation for B1 for Leeds, with most of the rest of the Kop sold out)

bxCVVAQ.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure it'll have gone all the way up to SYP , but I can see various parties within the club highly nervous about an extra unknown 30/50/100 "vocal " fans adding spice to an already lively Bramall Lane at full time. From a safety or public order remit , this has risk writ large rather than reward.

If it's something we as fans want to try and change then I think it needs more representation rather than Ricky pulling the cart all by himself.

Without huge numbers I think the result of that would just be a 3rd group doing their own thing without ever being too loud, in addition to F/G and D/E who obviously hate each other.

I don't want to give up on BLUT and shouldn't have to. It's an excellent opportunity to get that corner of the ground noisy - South Stand as much as anything.
The biggest problem with the kop is that it’s split into 2 singing sections that counteract. If they were joined it would make a huge difference to the noise.

Blaming the few of us who are actually trying to get things going isn't going to help, and TBH, I'm not sure moving people over to BL Upper is either, it just fragments things even more, and a lot of old timers simply won't move from the Kop (I'm not *that* old, and spent a few seasons in G block on the South Stand when it was lively there AND I think BL upper is probably the best view in the ground, far better than the Kop, but I like to see the away fans, for better or worse. Watching them go mental and then being able to take the piss when you get some kind of result is the best part of football for me).

I also suspect, even if you were able to get things going there, you'd be moved on pretty sharpish. It's a no-brainer. The powers that be (and I don't mean within the club) won't want two sets of enthusiastic supporters being on the same side of the ground, exiting together, etc.

Why not try to get something going on Gangway A? There's always tons of seats available (couple of hundred at least?). I'm one of those who might not make the trip over to BLU, but would certainly make the short walk to A!

(example, this is the current situation for B1 for Leeds, with most of the rest of the Kop sold out)

Potentially fragmenting things even more would be an absolute non issue, unless hundreds moved to BLUT. There will always be enough on the Kop to make a decent amount of noise. It might not be great but there'll always be something there. 100 or so moving to BLUT with 50 of those being from the Kop wouldn't change that.

Maybe certain 'authorities' would have an issue with it, but if they based their views on reality rather than assumptions there's no reason whatsoever to oppose it. There's no reason they couldn't at least give it a trial period and judge future viability. But it's far easier to simply categorise any enthusiastic supporters as dangerous scumbags. It's the long accepted way to treat football fans after all.

Gangway A/B (it'd have to be B, IMO) is the opportunity on the Kop but I think it would take a lot to make any difference. Might be worth considering in the future if the right side of the Kop don't get it together.

Why don't you write to McCabe and put it too him directly,I think he would respond ,you may get an answer as to why the club are not helping you to get this good idea up and running.I have a friend who has wrote to him more than once,,he even phoned him on the number he put in his letter,give it a try.

Ricky you've mentioned that you've emailed the club. What was their response, or didn't they bother?

The response was that there would be a discussion about it - involving the owners! And that they'd get back to me when there's any decision. Not much after that, as yet. Should have more to say later.

If it's something we as fans want to try and change then I think it needs more representation rather than Ricky pulling the cart all by himself.

Volunteers apply within!

Regarding QPR, it wasn't deliberate thankfully. Anyway....

Some unexpected good news - the club are going to support the idea for the Burton game (and future games). They're going to make the area available to us and the staff will know where to move your tickets if you quote "vocal section" or similar, if you don't state the specific row/seat number.

This is promising. Now they've shown their support there's an extra incentive. What we've got now is a certain easy opportunity. We've got to make it count. We have to justify the favour they're doing us. Time for everybody to back up their support of the idea.

No guarantees about season tickets being available there next season, although it's not ruled out. It's more likely to remain on a game by game basis as it is now - largely due to demand from away fans. I pointed out the workable entry/exit segregation solutions, which was acknowledged, but maybe this is something the club won't have the full say in.

In my opinion though, long term, STs are likely to be available there as long as we maintain our upward trajectory on the pitch.
And if we can segregate Westfield Corner from away fans on BLUT, I see no reason we can't do the same with an extra couple of blocks of ST holders up there.

Back
Top Bottom