Match Thread Aston Villa v. Sheffield United - 17th June 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It was really just a polite way of saying "I don't think he's been any good"

Fair enough, but you know that those two expressions carry entirely different meanings and had you used one rather than the other I'd have left you alone ;) .

I listened on the radio...
Seriously, the one thing that I thought we all weren't going to see for the rest of this season was STUPID, FUCKING MISTAKES.

Is anyone listening to this shit in sky sports? Stokley Park blaming fucking Hawkeye..... VAR didn't intervene because of the shocking randomness of what happened 😂😂😂😂 that's fucking bollocks.

It was clear and obvious... But its so rare we thought fuck it let it slide 😂😂

I wonder if we’ll get a comment from the PL referee in charge at Stockley Park?
Maybe they only look at the games when Hawkeye tells them something's happened?
Might be why it takes so long to make a decision?

Put the tea down, put the bookmark in, find out which game needs attention, rewind to something that looks controversial and then look at it umpteen times to guess at decide what's happened

Is anyone listening to this shit in sky sports? Stokley Park blaming fucking Hawkeye..... VAR didn't intervene because of the shocking randomness of what happened 😂😂😂😂 that's fucking bollocks.

It was clear and obvious... But its so rare we thought fuck it let it slide 😂😂
Yeah, I just heard it on the radio. Utter bollocks.

VAR only intervenes in the course of a match when the officials have made a 'clear and obvious error' in one of four key areas.

Goals
A close offside decision is the most common reason for VAR being consulted after a goal has been scored, but shirt-pulling and other infringements can cause goals to be chalked off.

NB. The concept of 'clear and obvious' errors does not apply to offsides. A player is either onside or offside - you cannot be a little bit pregnant. So even if a player is offside by a matter of inches, the goal will be ruled out.

Penalties
The most subjective and arguably problematic area. Penalties can be awarded or rescinded using VAR if there has been a 'clear and obvious error' in the original decision.

Straight red cards
Violent conduct and dangerous tackles can be penalised using VAR. Second-yellow cards cannot.

Mistaken identity
If the referee sends off the wrong player, such as the famous incident with Kieran Gibbs and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in Arsenal's 6-0 drubbing at Chelsea in 2014, that injustice can be repaired.

All of the above are clearly irrelevant if the error is clear, obvious and shockingly rare.

😂😂😂

Disappointing though it is that we were robbed of 2 additional points that could be the difference between qualifying for the Champion's League or not, I do not bear any malice towards the people from Hawkeye. In fact, I'd like to dedicate a song to them.

I predict a slow-paced first half with little incident, played at a training pace. Second half both teams will up the tempo a bit. Blades will get a late goal and win 1-0. I will have beans on toast for tea.

Hands up. I was way off with this prediction.

I had fish & chips for tea!

Didsy interviewed on BBC Sport now on BBC1 - saying it was clear goal, nothing can be done about it now, one of those things - run of the green.

Yeah, I just heard it on the radio. Utter bollocks.
Typical error that has always in one form or another gone against the Blades.We are always on the receiving end of bad decisions and now the gods of football decides that goal line tec ,Var, and the refs goal aid on his arm all fail at the same time.I wanted VAR thinking that at last this tec would not allow the Blades to be on the receiving end of the bad decisions that we witnessed last time we were in the Prem.How wrong I was now I want it to be dropped.Where was the bloody lines man?Having said all that I do think the score line reflected how the game went.Not our best .Villas goalie did not have a shot to save apart from the clanger he dropped.Also the game underlined how important Hendo is to us and a pat on the back for our stand in center half.

Typical error that has always in one form or another gone against the Blades.We are always on the receiving end of bad decisions and now the gods of football decides that goal line tec ,Var, and the refs goal aid on his arm all fail at the same time.I wanted VAR thinking that at last this tec would not allow the Blades to be on the receiving end of the bad decisions that we witnessed last time we were in the Prem.How wrong I was now I want it to be dropped.Where was the bloody lines man?Having said all that I do think the score line reflected how the game went.Not our best .Villas goalie did not have a shot to save apart from the clanger he dropped.Also the game underlined how important Hendo is to us and a pat on the back for our stand in center half.
Got a feeling most teams first game back are going to be pretty ropey. Blowing out of their arses long before the end or injuries galore.
By about 9 games in, we'll all be warmed up..

View attachment 83210

Ok cheers, nice one.

Also, not the right time - but I do like the use of the word ‘occlusion’ in the response!

I don’t know how they can say it’s never happened before. How do they know? Do they double check this somehow every time the ball goes near the line. I doubt it. It’s the first time an obvious goal has been missed by goal line technology but if it‘s correct that last night found a flaw in the system how can they be certain that it’s never actually failed previously but it wasn’t obvious enough to question.

McGoldrick’s idea, which both clubs agreed on doing – I think it was made all the more effective that it happened in-game after the whistle rather than pre-match (which I’d expected might happen). Great to see.

Back
Top Bottom