Another 40 positive Covid cases in PL !

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The PL obviously doesn't care about players or their families health.
If this virus so dangerous that they have to shutdown a country.
Why are the players forced to play, are the players immune to the virus.

Boris agrees action needs to be taken. Once they’ve completed enough games for the final table to stand. And relegate us!

Obviously not as 58 have had a positive test in the last two weeks !

sky bt ???

There are going to be so many postponements, it won't be possible to play the full season before the Euros.

It really should all be cancelled. And I'm not saying that because we're bottom! It'd be understandable if they relegated us regardless (though technically unfair).

SHOULD be more than enough vaccination enabling decent sized crowds to return from September onwards. Wait until then.

Either way, we argued for season to be finished last year, delayed or not we'd have to do the same again.

There was only a 1/4 of the season left. We're not even half way through now. There was barely any cases amongst players last time either.

We're on 2 points. Wed lose all credibility tbh, with the way we went last time.

Then its just whether you care or not.

To be honest even if they cancelled the season and relegated us on PPG it would be better for us than playing the season. The "worst team ever" tag could never be applied as we never played the full amount of games..

So yeah cancel it even if it means us going down. We're gone anyway and I don't think any of us are enjoying watching us play out meaningless games every week.

There are going to be so many postponements, it won't be possible to play the full season before the Euros.

It really should all be cancelled. And I'm not saying that because we're bottom! It'd be understandable if they relegated us regardless (though technically unfair).

SHOULD be more than enough vaccination enabling decent sized crowds to return from September onwards. Wait until then.

Technically unfair?

Seriously?

I believe the rules agreed were once 75% of games have been played its PPG if the season is cancelled.

This will be the most SUFC way to get relegated - finally start putting together some form, find ourselves within a win of being out of the relegation zone - and THEN they cancel the season...

Technically unfair?

Seriously?

Not sure if it would be unfair or not. If it had happened in the 90-91 season it would have been unfair.

Same as Roygbiv I think I'd prefer relegation now on PPG than have to suffer on.

Fair or not if it was voided and we were saved I'd happily accept that on the same basis Villa were happy to stay up as a result of hawkeye not being activated, West Ham after playing ineligible player, and as Barnsley were on two occasions when they avoided relegation because another team was deducted points. It wouldn't be like we'd broken any rules.

If they ended the season halfway through we'd have to pay half the TV money back. That would wipe out any parachute payments for next season.

The season is a farce anyway. The postponed matches, amount of players missing every week and no fans being in the stadium means the Premier League and the leagues below are playing out a cartoon version of the game. I get why they had to restart with the money involved but we have fully reached the point where the season can no longer be taken seriously. You're going to have teams playing 4 games a week just to catch up soon with other teams playing with half a squad missing.

The question is whether you accept the ridiculous nature of it and just play it out no matter what or bring an end to it all. I'm happy for us to be punished with relegation after our abysmal start but is it fair for other teams to be relegated in such a ludicrous season? If Fulham go down because they have to play 3 games in a week with half a squad, is that fair?

If they ended the season halfway through we'd have to pay half the TV money back. That would wipe out any parachute payments for next season.

As much as I think we deserve to go down that's one of the many reasons why they couldn't relegate or promote anyone as it stands

Professor Witty has just said that it’s very possible there will still be restrictions during Winter 21.
He said he doesn’t expect it to go away.....it will always be around.

I predict we’ll never go back to Football as we knew pre covid.
Mask wearing and distancing will become compulsory. I reckon our revised stadium capacity will be 10K next season and maybe 15K for the forseable future.

I'd lose no sleep whatsoever if the Prem was null and void and we all start again with a clean slate in 21/22, we are talking about probably the most morally corrupt league in the whole world, where diving, cheating, pretending your injury and trying to get opposition players sent off is accepted behaviour in the PL.

It was also go down a storm on the porcular side of the city too :)

Surprised they havent bought some vaccine (I know I know probably not allowed etc). Judging by the tests they only need 2000. With the Euros re-scheduled this year I cant see the PL cancelling football unless it gets to an extreme.

Back
Top Bottom