Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Champagneblade

Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U21 v Sheffield Wednesday (h)

He’s going to get badgered if he doesn’t do well 😉
  2. Champagneblade

Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U21 v Sheffield Wednesday (h)

Has annnnnybody seeen….. Joe Crann, that bloke who looks like Toadfish, Tommy Craig, David Blunkett, David Blunkett’s Dog, Roy Hattersley, Jarvis Cocker, the majority of the arctic monkeys….your boys took one helluva beating 🤣
  3. Champagneblade

Wilder out

We are out of our depth financially. Therefore it’s difficult to judge the manager to be honest. We’ve spent nothing since the last relegation and as I’ve alluded to in recent posts, by the end of this summer window, we’ll actually be running a net surplus by 8 figures by the time it shuts...
  4. Champagneblade

CLUB PORTFOLIO FURTHER ENHANCED

He’s a bit slowly, slowly catchy monkey with the investments and he’s cost us 2 points next season as well, but something positive about owning all the ground, land around the ground, training ground and future training ground. That will be lf benefit for years to come. Far better than paying...
  5. Champagneblade

Fodders MOTM

If we’re tight you could almost imagine us having one starter, one bench warmer and then get an emergency keeper if something happens to the bench warmer.
  6. Champagneblade

Injuries

Fair chance you can add McAtee to the last as well after last night. Unbelievable.
  7. Champagneblade

Grappling in the box at corners

Gerrard against Liverpool too away. Pretty much gave the ref a nod and a wink and unfortunately Kozluk fell for it. Same season as ‘intent’ TM Rob Styles. Meanwhile Van Dyke was allowed to do what he wanted at BDTBL and McAtee being shoved over by the other centre back was also apparently fair...
  8. Champagneblade

99 years and counting...

Winning’s for wankers. Let them all jump on their bandwagons! 100 years of winning naff all. We make being unfashionable fashionable 🤣
  9. Champagneblade

CLUB PORTFOLIO FURTHER ENHANCED

Or we at least own somewhere to take ’em out back and turn ‘em into glue!
  10. Champagneblade

One To Watch

We’ve missed the boat but there was a very good lad in the A League called Nestory Irakunda but it looks like he’s joining Bayern.
  11. Champagneblade

Man Utd 4 United 2 - Report

I don’t want to be mean spirited but how did that young kid who came on up front avoid getting booked? He committed 3 fouls in about 5 minutes!
  12. Champagneblade

Fodders MOTM

It just irks me, and I’m repeating what I’ve said on other threads, that we somehow felt compelled to go down a route of the untried. If we do decide against Wes, then no need to go for someone with little to no background. Grbic has 43 games in decent leagues before joining. That’s hardly...
  13. Champagneblade

Fodders MOTM

Wes hasn’t been playing because he wasn’t prepared to commit to United. Obviously I don’t know the ins and outs. But in what world does Wes Foderingham, “League One Wes”, not jump at the chance, at 33, to extend his contract with Sheffield United? He has been grossly misguided by his agent if...
  14. Champagneblade

Match Thread Manchester United v. Sheffield United - 24th April 2024

It did feel like a sentimental move. Norwood playing at Old Trafford possibly the last time.
  15. Champagneblade

This is the age old problem. I don’t know what we did in pre-season but the players seem to have no conditioning. On the game. 1 - soft foul. Need to see again if offside. 2 - soft pen. Kind of a goal anyway but if VAR rules out the foul then it’s no goal. We never get those. 3 - good hit...
  16. Champagneblade

That shot of BBD. 100% that deflection goes in against us!
  17. Champagneblade

Souza off!?

We should destroy all footage from this season apart from Luton away!
  18. Champagneblade

End of season thoughts from American fan.

If you’re not in it for glory, you’ve come to the right place! Welcome aboard and at least when asked “where were you when you were shit?” You can reply “right there with them! unlike you, you bandwagon jumping ****!”
  19. Champagneblade

It this point in the season its time to sit back and.....

We still have an opportunity to: 1. Embarrass Man U 2. Help relegate Forest 3. Avoid 100 goals conceded 4. Stay up
  20. Champagneblade

Is United World worth the money?

It seems the 1867 Group has a Belgium Branch!
  21. Champagneblade

Outgoing? Grbic

I just don’t get why we had to be obsessed with getting a permanent option in mid-season. Wilder was arguably the same with Ramsdale. Yes we made money on him but there was more sense in getting a long term replacement for O’Connell and Lundstram. Back to Grbic, we had plenty of foreign loan...
  22. Champagneblade

Incoming? Luke Ayling

Is that instead of Egan? Are we actually paying cash for someone. Pleasantly surprised if so.
  23. Champagneblade

Incoming? Luke Ayling

Craig Short 38. Got us up. Chris Basham, well into his 30s. I would love for us to go out and get Jacob Greaves, Ronnie Edwards and have a team where they could grow for a few years together or go for big money. But it seems we are Frugal FC or Kick-The-Can-Down-The-Road FC! So we have to...
  24. Champagneblade

Outgoing? Grbic

Maybe a bit of unconscious bias? Matt Duke was a very tall keeper. Perhaps he saw bits of himself in this lad. Also Matt Duke was way off Premier League football too! Just like Grbic!
  25. Champagneblade

Daniel Iversen

He was once on loan with Rotherham as was Marek Rodak, for 2 seasons if I recall correctly. Anyone got a view on him too? He’s out of contract so potentially closer to our price range!
  26. Champagneblade

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Man Utd

I can’t think of anything lower than losing at home to goals from Keen Bryan and Oliver Burke. I really can’t!
  27. Champagneblade

Player Suggestion Arthur Okonkwo

Article on him here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13328257/amp/Wrexham-face-competition-Arthur-Okonkwo-Premier-League-Championship-pursuing-Arsenal-goalkeeper.html He made the Team of the Season for his respective division.
  28. Champagneblade

I think old Ivo has shown that size doesn’t matter 😉
  29. Champagneblade

Guardian report on our terrible season...

I hadn’t seen the link before. What I liked about the link was that our very own Deadbat was clearly so irked, just like the argumentative bloke in the pub getting something off his chest “and another thing…” he had not one, not two, but three bites of the cherry in going back at him! Bravo!
  30. Champagneblade

He’s had a good season and they want to buy him. You’d think he’d join us if the option was there.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom