Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Trigger Blade

VAR Lines

The Canadian feed I was watching (with the added delight of Lee Hendrie) made several references at different points of the game to VAR checks. I don’t recall specifically about Harry’s temporary and unexpected loss of balance, but they were all mentioned almost in passing. As all the decisions...
  2. Trigger Blade

Sheffield Untied Support

It’s fine Joe, you’re among friends here, do tell, it would be therapeutic although personally, I’m just nebby :)
  3. Trigger Blade

Mcburnie

So he’ll be out, out for a while then?
  4. Trigger Blade

What's your dullest anecdote about meeting a footballer?

A couple of months ago, Mrs Trig (no interest in, or knowledge of football) and I were on our way across the car park to the club shop when we passed TC who said hello and he started to chat, no encouragement from me, honestly. It was the day of Bill Kenwright’s memorial service and he was...
  5. Trigger Blade

Annoyed by Osborn?

Funny, we said exactly the opposite about his crossing on Saturday. He puts in whipped crosses a bit like Enda used to, he did one in each half on Saturday (which is what provoked the conversation).
  6. Trigger Blade

Annoyed by Osborn?

Either VAR looked at it and found no major error, or missed it as well.
  7. Trigger Blade

Annoyed by Osborn?

I think you need to look at the footage again. When you say gets brushed off easily, he takes a forearm across the face, could have done serious damage and a red card offence, not seen by the ref. The reason he’s complaining is because the ref missed what happened. Yes, a foul by Ben to start...
  8. Trigger Blade

Fernando Macedo

Not sure either of those is true, but Shoutbox was spelling it wrong yesterday, with a rogue h appearing. That ship has sailed already, in this thread. As one of culprits and as he hasn’t played for the first team, I’ll try and rein back on the hyperbole. If he plays and has a bad game, I’ll be...
  9. Trigger Blade

Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U21 v Sheffield Wednesday (h)

I didn’t say it yesterday, but as you mention it, I felt there was an element of Iliman in Macedo’s play. It could have been a one off and he’ll never play like that again, but I liked what I saw. I was also impressed by One, who had defenders bouncing off him and as he’s only 17, will keep...
  10. Trigger Blade

Fernando Macedo

Never seen him with his keks off, hard to tell 🙂
  11. Trigger Blade

New ground

Birmingham City Council are effectively bankrupt. All non-essential spending has been cut and big job losses are happening, it’s unthinkable they’d be spending £700 million on a football stadium, coincidentally the amount that they need to find to settle equal pay claims. Michael Gove’s on the...
  12. Trigger Blade

Ben Osborn

Set against that is the fact he reads The Guardian, which makes him a bit of a suspicious oddball, almost in the Graeme Le Saux category :)
  13. Trigger Blade

Outgoing? Osborn

It’s a puzzle that he’s played there and done well, specifically v Fulham, then got moved to be replaced by Trusty with a predictable outcome.
  14. Trigger Blade

Roy's View From... View From Chelsea

I liked G+H block singing “Champions of League One, you’ll never sing that”
  15. Trigger Blade

Roy's View From... View From Chelsea

Sheffield United literally aren’t relegated already. It’s really annoying when people say that kind of thing when it isn’t true. In fact I shook my head so much when I read that, it literally fell off :)
  16. Trigger Blade

Personally, I thought we were brilliant

Trig Jnr (TY) rounded it up to a billion and gave me a running commentary on who cost what, one I recall was “Mudryk, that’s another £60 million” :) 🙂 Very enjoyable performance, proper team spirit, plenty of effort and decent football going forward. Maybe relegation to L1 isn’t nailed on.
  17. Trigger Blade

Grbic

It was Bogle who was running back trying to stop us giving away a corner. With hindsight, it might have been better if he hadn’t bothered, as we gave one away anyway, as Grbic let the ball run across his body, from his stronger right foot to his weaker left foot. On balance, Bogle created a...
  18. Trigger Blade

Van Dijk violent conduct

Stefan Scougall, he made Ben Osborn look like a giant.
  19. Trigger Blade

Vinnie Jones

Just finished it, really enjoyed the whole series and he was excellent, a wonderful mix of hard and human.
  20. Trigger Blade

Can someone explain the offside rule please?

Blimey, haven’t you got other things to worry about in your life? 13 minutes to say the same thing you’ve said several times before, we had more added time on Saturday. You’re very welcome on here by the way, just change the record 🙂
  21. Trigger Blade

Disgrace

Our guess was 8-10 minutes, based on a couple of injuries, Blaster was one, 8 subs = 4 minutes, plus 2 x VAR checks. As spectators, we’re hopelessly badly informed, including yesterday’s check for violent conduct without knowing which team the offender was playing for. It would surely be...
  22. Trigger Blade

Throwing points away in injury time

There were 2 VAR checks, the offside goal, but also the one that was described as Possible Violent Conduct after the 3-1 goal. Nobody in the ground knew who was being checked, we thought it might have been BBD for bundling the keeper into the net, but apparently it was their keeper for him...
  23. Trigger Blade

Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

My favourite of all time, influenced by the fact that team played the best United football I’ve ever seen.
  24. Trigger Blade

One To Watch

That’s the way the game is these days, he’s played half the number of games that Harry had played for us by the time he was 21 when he moved to Hull. I know he was highly regarded by Klopp, but not highly enough to play him very often and it’s hard to imagine the new Liverpool manager feeling...
  25. Trigger Blade

Abit of fun - Home Nations - Who would make the better Blades manager

A bit of fun? On this board? Good luck with that! :)
  26. Trigger Blade

Bettis radio sheff tomorrow

He (Rhys from memory), certainly liked the sound of his own voice. The rest of the show was more listenable and Bettis didn’t duck any question. I find him hard to listen to, his accent grates, my prejudice, he doesn’t need to say “and that’s an honest answer” to every question, I’d hope it...
  27. Trigger Blade

Fernandinho Macedo

That’s seriously impressive that Barry Fry is still involved enough to be watching U21 football at his age, he’s nearly 80 and home games would be much easier for him to get to!
  28. Trigger Blade

Fernandinho Macedo

I was thinking earlier about the Fulham Macedo. He was from a generation where keepers were relatively short, routinely under 6’, Hodgy included. I had no idea until just now that he’s actually Gibraltarian, which explains the name and has reached the ripe old age of 86.
  29. Trigger Blade

Kieran Maguire on Blades Finances

They’ve moved on, they’re now speculating on points deductions for us breaching FFP. Unsurprisingly, none of them have any idea what the rules are or if we’ve broken them, so they’ll go round in circles consoling themselves with believing that whatever mess they’re in, we’re in a worse one :)
  30. Trigger Blade

CONFIRMED Ben Brereton Diaz signs on loan

He’s obviously been honing his linguistic skills in the meantime and the manager’s relented :) That Instagram doesn’t use the Diaz part of his name, maybe Brereton seems more exotic to them Chileans.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom