Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. D

Pre-Season 2023/24 Rotherham United v Sheffield United - 25th July 2023

Easy first observations, can tell we don't play 4 at the back often. Lacked the cohesion from when we play 5 at the back. Ndiaye is on a different wave length to everyone else, could and should have scored. Jebbo trying hard but lacking a bit of nouse which comes with game time. Larouci put in...
  2. D

Whos going to make the step up?

From countless interviews iv read and watched (podcasts included), players always state the difference between club and international level is always everyones first touch and how they create their own space. 99% of his training is down to our coaches. However, him being in the England Youth set...
  3. D

Sachdev played very smartly yesterday. Can tell hes been with the England set up for a bit with his touch and the way he created space. Yes two brilliant players in front of him but 100% one who can make the first team again in the future.
  4. D

Fair comment, didnt include him because i don't think hes anywhere near the first team as of yet. Good load spell last season playing real football in the NL however a loan is more likely than being included in the squad this season IMO. As mentioned elsewhere, all our academy players look...
  5. D

As we all know, Lundstrum made a huge step up the last time we were back in the PL (first season). He started well in pre season, giving us something different that he hadnt shown us before. This carried on into the first half of the season where arguably he was one of the first names on the...
  6. D

Norrington-Davies & Brewster

North Korea talk...as i like to call it... Iv been here so long i remember pre roys view from...what the fuck did we do before then? Just some nerd called Deadbat with his huge essays (fan of the pod number 13). Everyone waiting on Eighteen89's ITK posts about signing Dan Burn and Morsey every...
  7. D

Been a member for over 10 years mate. Just dont post often.
  8. D

I think Hecky just didn't risk them. Both will be in pre season ready to go. A full pre season for both of them will be a huge boost for our squad. Like two new signings again.
  9. D

United and academy category one

A benefit of a cat 1 academy is that it increases your catchment area that you can pick from. This is vitally important for getting the best players in. Southampton became a cat 1 academy and their catchment area increased in size. They had the unfortunate situation of half of their catchment...
  10. D

Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

Clearing out my Grandma's house and found this. No idea if anyone has any links to these still or ever played for them.
  11. D

Basham

Not writing him off at all. If you read the post it says it was uncharacteristic of him. Nowt to do with his age either, as never mentioned in the opening post. He is one of our best assets, his ball carrying ability is sensational and he also makes lots of progressive passes (sorry is that too...
  12. D

Basham

He did have 45 mins vs Europa and Donny. Its just so uncharacteristic of him to make those mistakes thats all. He did have a hamstring injury before and i just hope that doesn't change how he plays
  13. D

Basham

Was very happy to see Bash starting vs Carlisle. However i thought that was one of his worst games he has had for us in a long time. Kept on giving the ball away, lost posession a few times more than other players (previous seasons he hasnt done this). He was getting very frustrated with a lot...
  14. D

New entrance music

The opening bars are done specifically for one reason. As you may be aware, at away matches its really hard to get the whole stand to sing the GCB in unison. This isn't just limited to drunk blades fans either. Its been proven that a large crowd can not sing on time together and certain sections...
  15. D

Season ticket holders attending next Saturday's game or not?

Yeah since the rules have been relaxed its a new thing. Hence the ridiculousness of the situation!
  16. D

Thank you both, its Twins. One named William one Edward (Our Billeh and King Keith Edwards). Mrs is non the wiser on the Edward one!
  17. D

Yes because the government said they didn't need to do this, along with scientific advisors, however they have decided against that. Even though we live together on a daily basis I wont be allowed in the room. They also will allow pregnant women with Covid who are in labour into the hospital to...
  18. D

I have had both jabs and will be attending the match. I will also be wearing a mask as my wife is heavily pregnant and if she goes into labour and I test positive for Covid (you have to do a test to come into the hospital when they are in labour) I wont be allowed into the hospital which is...
  19. D

Greasy Chip Butty Song...

Some really interesting comments here into the origins of it. Some are what i have heard of, others are new to me. The only written reference I have is from a book called Blades Tales. Not sure whether anyone has read it but see the pictures for the info. UTB
  20. D

Greasy Chip Butty Song...

Where did it all start? Is there one person? What match? Was it at a match? In a pub maybe? Someone out there knows.... I have been lucky enough to work with a friend who through lockdown has been researching this for Radio Sheffield. On the 31st August the programme will come out on the...
  21. D

Expected club revenues IF we qualify for Europe

You also get 496K per match won and about 176K per match drawn in the EL
  22. D

January transfer window 2006/2007...

Last season in the premier league in January we signed the following: Matthew Kilgallon - Leeds United, £1,750,000 rising to £2,000,000, 8 January 2007[9] Jon Stead - Sunderland, £750,000 rising to £1,250,000, 11 January 2007[10] Mamadou Seck - Le Havre, free, 15 January 2007 Luton...
  23. D

BladesPod - an FA Cup run, transfer latest, and Palace preview

Quote of the season "get off the pitch and go and watch Leon Clarke videos" 😂😂
  24. D

Lundstram contract

Not doubting that he is, just going on what FM says. They are generally in the right area with wages of PL clubs. Some wages in the photos are updated due to new contracts etc but gives a rough idea
  25. D

Lundstram contract

There we are...
  26. D

Lundstram contract

Think he is on £4K but iv just signed him, so hes now on north of 50K :rolleyes:
  27. D

Lundstram contract

Ill post a picture of all the Footy Manager wages for us to all debate and argue about 😂
  28. D

Lundstram contract

TIN HAT TIME According to football manager (which isn't usually far from the truth) most of United's players are on between 6-12K. Only ones on more are the new summer signings. Lunny is on around 8K. Robinson, McBurnie & Hendo are the highest earners. Hendo being on 25K.
  29. D

Callum Robinson

Robinson is a left winger in a 4231. He has created chances in that area. Wilder has signed him because when we become an established prem team we will change the formation to use wingers. Where he will fit in nicely as a left winger. He needs game time to improve and get some form. He will...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom