Big week ahead ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think we need maximum points from the next 4 games to get right in the mix. Anything less I think we'll be struggling IMO. Fulham away, you have to say is potentially a loss, but if we can go in to it as a bit of a free hit you never know !

We may not be ready currently, but the point of going up is to strengthen again with the funds available with the promotion.
Our squad is at around 50% with players capable of playing premier league IMHO.

2 good quality strikers, a fit Coutts back to his best and a centre half or two and we have a premier league side good enough to compete. Even if we go down, done responsibly and sensibly we rebuild and go up again.
The value of just one seasons premier league cash cannot be understated if you have the management team capable of utilising that advantage

we have to take advantage of the opportunity that's presented to us. Let's be honest no one would have expected us to be this close, as apart from Wolves you can throw a blanket over the rest. Derby have been on a good run, but no better then our early season form. Likewise Cardiff etc.
i predict Stoke & WBA to come down, these aren't teams that have danced with relegation in previous seasons, and will be strong.
we have been presented a chance, go grab it..... Like seeing that bird you've always fancied a pop at, drunk and upset cos she's been dumped, sympathy shag it may be, but you'll fucking take advantage of it.....

Like seeing that bird you've always fancied a pop at, drunk and upset cos she's been dumped, sympathy shag it may be, but you'll fucking take advantage of it.....
wouldn't have made that analogy myself but now i think about it.. :D

Now whilst they’re the best team to come to the lane this season I don’t think we should be handing Fulham the victory down at Craven Cottage just yet.

This is great thread.To say I am excited about the run in is understated. Derby & Bristol are on a blip and those directly below us aren' impressing either . I just hope we take the opportunity to play awesome football bag a load of points and have the other teams having a squeaky bum for the next 2 or 3 months .75% chance of making play offs imo and we can beat anyone on our day in and around the top 8 teams

6 points on the board come Saturday morning will put the pressure well and truly on Bristol City as I think we are playing for 6th place along with them, Preston and possibly Middlesbrough.....The next 5 weeks are massive for us

6 points on the board come Saturday morning will put the pressure well and truly on Bristol City as I think we are playing for 6th place along with them, Preston and possibly Middlesbrough.....The next 5 weeks are massive for us
The next five weeks are huge for us not massive, never massive.

It’s not just the next month it’s no good gaining ground then tailing off after , If we’re gonna be in the mix at the end of the season then we have to get 3 points on the counter consistently between now and May . We’ve got a bit more depth to the squad now but we’ll see now if the new boys can make the step up & one or two of the regulars can get their early season form back .

We showed some dogged resilience in the Leeds game and ground out a good win something we need to wise up to from now on it when it comes to game management & closing out results , no more room for nativity.

It’s cliched yes . but it’s the one game at a time mentality , gonna be a very interesting race to the finish line with potentially 9 teams involved as Wolves barring a doing a Newcastle 96 are home & dry

no more room for nativity.

You werent one of the inn keepers in Bethlehem back on Xmas Eve in the year 0 were you? I bet you said the same to baby Jesus and his parents back then didn't you? Shame on you.

I think we should have bit of nativity at the Lane as we could do with a bit of luck being given to us from his jesus old fella, and we could get the opposition drunk on eggnog and bucks fizz early on the morning of the game before stuffing them with too much Turkey and all the trimmings so that we can piss all over them.

As it stands I think Derby will fade, they have the hardest run in and I think their form is faltering, as it often seems to at the end of the season. I would hope we could finish above PNE. That puts us at least 6th, but usually one comes up from the pack below, Middlesborough or Brentford? I think we need to get above Bristol City and stay there to be sure of a playoff place. That last game of the season is looking ominous........
Of course we need to find some consistency, but it appears we are on our way back and the team in general seem to have found their self belief again, something that was severely knocked following Coutts' injury. It's going to be an exciting run in, but I have faith that we will be there or thereabouts. Fulham to take 2nd leaving us in the play offs with Villa, Cardiff and one from Boro, Brentford and Brizzle. Not an easy task, but a creditable season no matter what happens. We'll see.......................

Good point made by steve26272 this is an amazing opportunity which is unlikely to re-present itself next season, the 3 teams relegated from the Prem last year were very poor with only Middlesboro even vaguely threatening promotion this year. It's likely that 2 of the 3 who come down this year will muster a real challenge next year and make it really tight. There's a good chance we'll be a better team but the Championship will be a stronger league.

6th place will come down to a head-to- head on Sunday May 6th between Lee Johnson and Tufty - CBeebies v The BBC!

The playoffs will start early.

The Magic Will Go On

Going to be hard, probably going to need 9/10 wins from 15 games and although our early season form suggests its possible I'm just happy to be playing for something other than survival at this stage.

What a season.

I am feeling reasonably confident that we will put a decent run together now. Defence and midfield looks well settled (shame Fleck is out on Tuesday though). With Clarke dropping out of form Sharp is going to be key, I think he will bag a few more before Fulham.

6th place will come down to a head-to- head between Lee Johnson and Tufty - CBeebies v BBC!

Who is your money on?

The Magic Will Go On

You werent one of the inn keepers in Bethlehem back on Xmas Eve in the year 0 were you? I bet you said the same to baby Jesus and his parents back then didn't you? Shame on you.

I think we should have bit of nativity at the Lane as we could do with a bit of luck being given to us from his jesus old fella, and we could get the opposition drunk on eggnog and bucks fizz early on the morning of the game before stuffing them with too much Turkey and all the trimmings so that we can piss all over them.

I love pred text W we get on like a moose on fire :)

It would be easier to strengthen with £100m in the bank

Just ask Sunderland, Norwich, QPR...

Good point made by steve26272 this is an amazing opportunity which is unlikely to re-present itself next season, the 3 teams relegated from the Prem last year were very poor with only Middlesboro even vaguely threatening promotion this year. It's likely that 2 of the 3 who come down this year will muster a real challenge next year and make it really tight. There's a good chance we'll be a better team but the Championship will be a stronger league.

Can't see it. The teams who look like losing their PL berth this year (Swansea, WBA, Stoke, Southhampton, Huddersfield etc.) will hardly take the Championship by storm. Yes, they'll have pots of money but will have to pay off their highest earners, face a massive reduction in income and most will dispose of their managers.

I'm happy for now in the Championship. Take the vast sums of money away (most of which ends up in the players' and agents' pockets) and I bet Newcastle, Huddersfield and Brighton were enjoying last season a lot more than this. In the PL, you risk crippling beatings from a few teams, and two-thirds of teams just make up the numbers, happy just to get to 40 points. The Premier League is not all that.

Just ask Sunderland, Norwich, QPR...

Can't see it. The teams who look like losing their PL berth this year (Swansea, WBA, Stoke, Southhampton, Huddersfield etc.) will hardly take the Championship by storm. Yes, they'll have pots of money but will have to pay off their highest earners, face a massive reduction in income and most will dispose of their managers.

I'm happy for now in the Championship. Take the vast sums of money away (most of which ends up in the players' and agents' pockets) and I bet Newcastle, Huddersfield and Brighton were enjoying last season a lot more than this. In the PL, you risk crippling beatings from a few teams, and two-thirds of teams just make up the numbers, happy just to get to 40 points. The Premier League is not all that.
Or ask West Brom, Burnley, Swansea

Back
Top Bottom