CONFIRMED Nigel Adkins is announced as new Sheffield United Manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

just appoint him already so i can see how our odds for promotion change

er, didn't adkins sell sharp to us?

No idea but I'm sure it must have been down to Scunny punching above their weight and being a selling club rather than because he didn't rate him, he signed him for Southampton & Reading!

He would have to see Done play first before he made that decision wouldn't he......
I can't see a forward line of Scougall Done and Sharp going down too well with the supporters could you ?
Mind you he could throw Baxter in to add a bit of height.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I shall be very pleased if it is Adkins, he always struck me as one of footballs good guys. I know people might argue that you need to have a nasty streak, have a presence etc. to command respect of your team but I believe that to be bollocks.

Also, given his career before Football management, we might get 5 games out of James Wallace and Terry Kennedy!!

He would have to see Done play first before he made that decision wouldn't he......

Personally if he were to try to replicate the strike partnership he had while at Scunny in Sharp & Keogh, one being the poacher of sorts (Sharp) and the other doing all the leg work sitting deeper, creating harrassing defenders etc... then Done would play that role to a tee

https://thelongballtactic.wordpress.com/2010/09/12/what-kind-of-manager-is-nigel-adkins/

It's quite old and it's about his time at Scunthorpe but this is quite a good read on which tactic(s) Nigel Adkins (if appointed) may decide to use & the type of players he'll want to bring in *cough* Billy Sharp *cough* and those he'll wish to keep.
I'm encouraged by his adaptability. He should be able to get the best out of our players with just a few additions rather than a major overhaul.

Personally if he were to try to replicate the strike partnership he had while at Scunny in Sharp & Keogh, one being the poacher of sorts (Sharp) and the other doing all the leg work sitting deeper, creating harrassing defenders etc... then Done would play that role to a tee

I would think having another small guy up front could be a step to far just now don't you

I can't see a forward line of Scougall Done and Sharp going down too well with the supporters could you ?
Mind you he could throw Baxter in to add a bit of height.....:rolleyes:
If they got sixty between them no one would complain. And if they did it would be because we played it to feet, quickly, accurately and with purpose.

Who says you need a 'big un up top' done and mcnulty with the right supply could get plenty next year

Who says you need a 'big un up top' done and mcnulty with the right supply could get plenty next year

Not sure, I didn't say it that I do know. McNulty could have a huge season if he impresses Adkins he's very much capable of being our main goal getter if played in the right system with the right instructions

''Tactically, Adkins has only very occasionally been questioned by Saints fans – seen at times to be slow to make changes mid-game, and team selection (particularly in away games) has been debated''

U'oh :D

So it starts,
''Tactically, Adkins has only very occasionally been questioned by Saints fans – seen at times to be slow to make changes mid-game, and team selection (particularly in away games) has been debated''

Now it starts, So who's doing the book on how long he lasts ?

If his first signing is a Cruise around the Caribean its gonna be shoes off !!

Back
Top Bottom