Updates from a Clough

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HeCanDoMagic

Reaction score
Andy Giddings ‏@Gids1980 3s4 seconds ago
#sufc boss NC on his 100th game tomorrow: "We've gone from a bottom 6 side to a top 6 side, and yet for some that isn't enough."

Andy Giddings ‏@Gids1980 19s19 seconds ago
#sufc boss NC says he wants to get the CHE Adams and other young players back into the team, but only after a PO place is secured.

Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 1m1 minute ago
#sufc boss NC says that motivation was a problem at Yeovil.

0 retweets0 favorites
Retweet
Favorite
More
Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 2m2 minutes ago
On fatigue issues, #sufc NC: "that was our 58th game of the season. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Cup teams are having probs."

0 retweets0 favorites
Retweet
Favorite
More
Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 7m7 minutes ago
#sufc NC is hopeful Terry Kennedy will be fit to face Bradford. Wallace/Higdon unlikely to play this season.

4 retweets0 favorites
Retweet4
Favorite
More
Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 9m9 minutes ago
#sufc boss NC says Ryan Flynn is likely to miss the last 3 games of the season, due to a hamstring injury.

#sufc boss NC says he wants to get the CHE Adams and other young players back into the team, but only after a PO place is secured - i.e. NC is going to tinker with the team again if we secure a PO place, further removing any chance of going into the play offs with a settled side.

On fatigue issues, #sufc NC: "that was our 58th game of the season. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Cup teams are having probs." - but isn't that why NC has amassed a squad of 41 players this season, in order that we can rotate players for the cup games.

#sufc NC is hopeful Terry Kennedy will be fit to face Bradford. Wallace/Higdon unlikely to play this season. - NC is hopeful Kennedy is fit because he has sold or loaned out the other 4 recognised centre halves we had at the start of the season. Wallace and Higdon have never been fit this season.

#sufc boss NC says Ryan Flynn is likely to miss the last 3 games of the season, due to a hamstring injury. - an injury that wasn't helped by the fact NC has had to play Flynn when not fully fit because he loaned our other recognised right winger to another League 1 club

Andy Giddings ‏@Gids1980 3s4 seconds ago

#sufc boss NC on his 100th game tomorrow: "We've gone from a bottom 6 side to a top 6 side, and yet for some that isn't enough."

Andy Giddings ‏@Gids1980 19s19 seconds ago
#sufc boss NC says he wants to get the CHE Adams and other young players back into the team, but only after a PO place is secured.

Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 1m1 minute ago
#sufc boss NC says that motivation was a problem at Yeovil.

0 retweets0 favorites
Retweet
Favorite
More
Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 2m2 minutes ago
On fatigue issues, #sufc NC: "that was our 58th game of the season. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Cup teams are having probs."

0 retweets0 favorites
Retweet
Favorite
More
Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 7m7 minutes ago
#sufc NC is hopeful Terry Kennedy will be fit to face Bradford. Wallace/Higdon unlikely to play this season.

4 retweets0 favorites
Retweet4
Favorite
More
Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 9m9 minutes ago
#sufc boss NC says Ryan Flynn is likely to miss the last 3 games of the season, due to a hamstring injury.

Objection. Hearsay.

Sustained.

:)

Wonder what happened with JCR then.......

a33vrIA.jpg

Why was motivation a problem? I am staggered that we have players that can't get motivated to play football for a living in front of thousands of people!

I also don't understand how tiredness seems to be effecting us so much yet other teams in our Division seem to be coping. Let's compare number of games played by our players with Bristol City and PNE:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/stats/player-stats/
http://www.pnefc.net/stats/player-stats/
http://www.sufc.co.uk/stats/player-stats/

Change the option at the top of the lists from Goals to Appearances.

"We've gone from a bottom 6 side to a top 6 side, and yet for some that isn't enough."

True, but how much better is our league position and points going to be this season to last given he's had a season to bring in players and 10 or so more games ?

#sufc boss NC says he wants to get the CHE Adams and other young players back into the team, but only after a PO place is secured - i.e. NC is going to tinker with the team again if we secure a PO place, further removing any chance of going into the play offs with a settled side.

On fatigue issues, #sufc NC: "that was our 58th game of the season. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Cup teams are having probs." - but isn't that why NC has amassed a squad of 41 players this season, in order that we can rotate players for the cup games.

#sufc NC is hopeful Terry Kennedy will be fit to face Bradford. Wallace/Higdon unlikely to play this season. - NC is hopeful Kennedy is fit because he has sold or loaned out the other 4 recognised centre halves we had at the start of the season. Wallace and Higdon have never been fit this season.

#sufc boss NC says Ryan Flynn is likely to miss the last 3 games of the season, due to a hamstring injury. - an injury that wasn't helped by the fact NC has had to play Flynn when not fully fit because he loaned our other recognised right winger to another League 1 club

we have also played 3 more games than Bristol City (arguable against sides which take more out of a team than the ones Bristol City was beating in the Paint Cup.)

who are the 4 recognised defenders at the start of the season that are on loan or sold... I can only count two that were available for the first game that are not available now... (Maguire was sold before the start) Butler was sold and Collins is on loan.... McGahay is back with us having been recalleed from loan spell at tranmere)

and said winger that is out on loan to County is..... INJURED...

just to point out the other side of the argument....

In hindsight I admit, but what a total waste of a season's wage these two have been

Wallace not going to play? The least surprising news ever.

If they were not motivated to win a playoff place they should be ashamed of themselves and, dare I say it, deserve all the boos they get.

With about 4 teams worth of players, and 58 games played, averages out about 15 games per player

Must be knackered

So we have played close on ten more games with Clough than last season and have one more point than we finished with last season, Brizzle and PNE players have played just as many games as our pampered pets but are showing little sign of being tired mentally or physically and our players can't be arsed to secure a play off spot against a team already relegated .......................... to coin a phrase #speechless

In hindsight I admit, but what a total waste of a season's wage these two have been

Normally when players are injured I would say that the manager has been unlucky, but with Higdon and Wallace they weren't fit when we bought them, and we had to send a Pickfords van to pick up their medical files from their previous clubs! So it's hardly come as a shock that they haven't featured much this season.

Last season, from 2nd bottom (or whatever it was) to 7th + a cup semi = great effort by Clough and the team.

This season......given the backing he's had it's been very disappointing. I'm not going to get into whether or not it's good enough - that decision will ultimately fall with Phipps & Co. Personally, I hope he can be successful here.

Normally when players are injured I would say that the manager has been unlucky, but with Higdon and Wallace they weren't fit when we bought them, and we had to send a Pickfords van to pick up their medical files from their previous clubs! So it's hardly come as a shock that they haven't featured much this season.

Your right AlBlade but Higdon hasn't been a total disaster and Wallace was probably worth taking a punt on, although a risky one due to his injury problems as you point out.

JP and the board expected auto promotion so NC better tell him he was making a mistake.

My guess he would have JPs foot up his arse.

We were only a bottom 6 side under Weir

True.

Fifth under Wilson when he was rightly sacked (wrongly appointed!)
Fifth under Clough's period last year.
Fifth under Clough this year.
All at apparent enormous expense!
If that's the stability people want under Clough yer can stick it!

As for his' we were 2nd bottom in February last year' BS.
The February the year before we went top under Wilson after the 1-0 at Bournemouth.
That's a truer reflection of where we've come from – and Bournemouth are an indication of how you can progress under a GOOD manager!

So, On one hand, we dont want to play the like of Che Adams until we are safely in the Play offs...whilst on the other - the players are knackered due to too many games! Am I missing something!

No.
Clough is.
Valid reasons for his abject failure, emphasized by his total inability to learn anything!
A football brain :(

Why was motivation a problem? I am staggered that we have players that can't get motivated to play football for a living in front of thousands of people!

I also don't understand how tiredness seems to be effecting us so much yet other teams in our Division seem to be coping. Let's compare number of games played by our players with Bristol City and PNE:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/stats/player-stats/
http://www.pnefc.net/stats/player-stats/
http://www.sufc.co.uk/stats/player-stats/

Change the option at the top of the lists from Goals to Appearances.

So we have played close on ten more games with Clough than last season and have one more point than we finished with last season, Brizzle and PNE players have played just as many games as our pampered pets but are showing little sign of being tired mentally or physically #speechless

PNE have conceded late goals in their last two games and thrown away four points, so they at least are showing signs of weariness.

I'd just love to see them try on a pair of real leather boots with proper studs: and then get a proper case ball, and do what the mud larks of old did on a muddy heavy surface that once had grass on it. Tired ? My arse.

Back
Top Bottom