The best players who never played at Bramall Lane?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2014
Messages
7,946
Reaction score
20,197
Over the years I've had the pleasure (and.sometimes the pain) of seeing the likes of Ronaldo, Cantona, Shearer and Haaland play at Bramall Lane. But who are the best players who never had the career highlight of playing at Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane? I might be wrong but I don't think Beckham, Hoddle, Henry or Keegan ever got to play at the Lane? (I'm referring to players who played in the English league so not the likes of Messi.
 



I never knew we played them pre season in 84.
Yes, Glenn Hoddle has played at Bramall Lane.
He featured at the historic ground early in his international career on February 24, 1977, playing for the England Under-21 side. In that match, England U21 secured a 1-0 victory over Scotland in front of a home crowd. Hoddle was part of a highly talented young lineup that night that also featured future senior international stars like Terry Butcher, Bryan Robson, and Kenny Sansom. [1]
Are you looking for a specific match Hoddle played in, or would you like to know more about
 
Over the years I've had the pleasure (and.sometimes the pain) of seeing the likes of Ronaldo, Cantona, Shearer and Haaland play at Bramall Lane. But who are the best players who never had the career highlight of playing at Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane? I might be wrong but I don't think Beckham, Hoddle, Henry or Keegan ever got to play at the Lane? (I'm referring to players who played in the English league so not the likes of Messi.
Keegan played and scored in the 1-1 draw at the lane in 1971
 
Yes, Glenn Hoddle has played at Bramall Lane.
He featured at the historic ground early in his international career on February 24, 1977, playing for the England Under-21 side. In that match, England U21 secured a 1-0 victory over Scotland in front of a home crowd. Hoddle was part of a highly talented young lineup that night that also featured future senior international stars like Terry Butcher, Bryan Robson, and Kenny Sansom. [1]
Are you looking for a specific match Hoddle played in, or would you like to know more about
Tell us you used AI without telling us you used AI
 



Luis Suarez maybe?

I thought about Michael Owen but he made a sub appearance in the first leg of the league cup semi in 2003.

Beckham is the obvious one that stands out. And Thierry Henry?
 
Did George Best ever play at the lane? that was not a charity match.
His first competitive match at the Lane was in December 1964 and it was the only time he scored at the ground. Also played in December 1966, October 1967, April 1972 and Sept 1972. Played twice for Fulham at the Lane in October 1976 and October 1977 (you can spot him in the below footage)

 



All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom