CONFIRMED Mark Duffy signs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?




Sorry for dragging this up Bridgeford, always liked your posts , but Duffy has been transformed by a top class manager. "We're goin' on a journey, to the fuckin' prem"

No worries dragging it up pal. I got it wrong with him, whenever I've seen him play for you lot he's looked a real threat.

*edited to add, I fully agree with the top class manager bit as well. Chris has really surprised me I thought he was good but didn't recognise he's actually a genius. The more I listen to him the more I like him.
 
No worries dragging it up pal. I got it wrong with him, whenever I've seen him play for you lot he's looked a real threat.

*edited to add, I fully agree with the top class manager bit as well. Chris has really surprised me I thought he was good but didn't recognise he's actually a genius. The more I listen to him the more I like him.
Wilder has done it with a few players, Coutts, Freeman, Wright, Clarke, Basham and Duffy stand out. The plan seems to be to concentrate really hard on what they are good at and stop them having to do things they aren't that good at.

Wish I was as good at managing people in my job.

I hope all is well with you. I think you are a strong person who deserves praise for your approach and the way things have turned out.

Clearly, your approach is not for me, Red and White through and through, but I understand where you are coming from
 
Imagine my excitement seeing a 'Confirmed' in the threads, you're a badstar B67.
edit: original word seemed a bit harsh
 
Why are fans so obsessed with age.

Players lose a bit of pace and will take longer to recover from injury, but for the most part players get better with age, so having player at or beyond 30 is a good thing, but fans seem to want to have teams full of 21 year olds. fucking mental

“Young and hungry...” 🙄
 
No worries dragging it up pal. I got it wrong with him, whenever I've seen him play for you lot he's looked a real threat.

*edited to add, I fully agree with the top class manager bit as well. Chris has really surprised me I thought he was good but didn't recognise he's actually a genius. The more I listen to him the more I like him.

Actually I don't think you did get it wrong. I think the major difference is that since joining the Blades, Duffy has made better decisions more often. He still sometimes loses it or picks the wrong pass, but what hasn't changed and what is key for me, is that he doesn't hide and keeps wanting the ball. There's been many times where he's even got back to cover his own mistake - and that's the other aspect that would be really difficult to replace, his work rate, especially in that position.
 
I'll start now.

I LOVED Mark Duffy - always played on the front foot

Some of his crossfield runs, parallel to the goal line, confuses the hell out of me, so imagine what they did to opponents.

Ocassionally frustatrating, sometimes too casual, but minor gripes aside, what a great 3 years we got out of him.
 
Random question - would we have have been better with him in the prem side that finished 9th? I can never decide whether that extra energy and goal threat would have added to us or taken away from our solidity
 



Random question - would we have have been better with him in the prem side that finished 9th? I can never decide whether that extra energy and goal threat would have added to us or taken away from our solidity
The Prem is a different beast, and we'll never know. He should have been given a go at it though imo.
 
Random question - would we have have been better with him in the prem side that finished 9th? I can never decide whether that extra energy and goal threat would have added to us or taken away from our solidity
No. He might have been a good impact sub, but the switch to a flat midfield three is a big reason for our 9th place finish. We were solid that season and I don't think Duffy had the legs or the defensive strengths to perform the box to box role like Lundstram did.
I don't mean this as any offense to Duffy as he was an absolute joy to watch in a Blades shirt and gave us one of the greatest moments in recent Blades history.
 
Watched back to promotion season recently or highlights of.. and he was so integral to how we attacked. A lot of it went through him and he also created a lot of space for the overlaps to happen.

Very influential how we set up, how we could do with someone as clever as him operating in that role again.
 
Wilder would not play him if he was available
A blind man can see that we need someone to unlock doors from the middle of the park. I would suggest that we have two players capable of the role .
Arblaster who ha# experience of the role but our leader for some reasons plays him as a winger
Donovan who does not have the experience but has the talent yet he plays him as a winger when / if he gets on the pitch

Marsh could possibly do the job but he is on loan and Blacker who played a full season in last years EFL has seemingly been forgotten..

I do wish Wilder would find the back door again
 
Would love someone in the Duffy role right now. Goes so much under the radar as a footballer but allows others to play! He was well aware of his attributes as a footballer and never tried to do anything he couldn't do!
 
It’s a toss up between Duff and Didzy as my favourite player over the last decade. Ok, so N’Diaye was easily the most gifted. But Duff’s direct running at defenders genuinely excited me at the time.
 
Would love someone in the Duffy role right now. Goes so much under the radar as a footballer but allows others to play! He was well aware of his attributes as a footballer and never tried to do anything he couldn't do!
Oh God yeah.
 
GLTTL.

My favourite player from the Wilder 1 era.

I never understood why Wilder bombed him out in the way he did. It was the first time I really questioned his judgement.
 
GLTTL.

My favourite player from the Wilder 1 era.

I never understood why Wilder bombed him out in the way he did. It was the first time I really questioned his judgement.

Same here.

On one hand I can understand Wilder wanting to protect the club but on the other, I think bombing him out may have been going too far the other way.

Why not respectfully reject his pay rise continuing as per, or alternatively make it performance based/incentivised now that we'll be playing at the highest level you have the opportunity to earn more money that way by proving it.
 
Duffy’s departure from the side and him not being replaced may well be an underrated reason why we eventually went down in 20/21.
 



GLTTL.

My favourite player from the Wilder 1 era.

I never understood why Wilder bombed him out in the way he did. It was the first time I really questioned his judgement.

The fact that Duffy couldn’t get into the Stoke team in the division below the following season, and his subsequent rapid drop through the leagues suggests Wilder made the correct decision.
 

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom