Big Sam's 'Tevez' perspective

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All the conundrums you point out can happen at any clubs in that league in that season,not just ours.

Of course they can. Like all similar clubs, NW's remit in 06-07 was to avoid relegation. He failed in that, but by the narrowest margin possible. If we had scored one more goal he would have succeeded. How can scoring one less goal mean he was "out of his depth"?

Not in the Premier League he didn't. Neither has done a "great job" for any other club at that level. He should have been sacked the day after we won promotion. A competent top level manager would have secured our place, real money would have kicked in, and the story would have been very different.
What top level competent manager would have took the job where his top earner was on 13 grand a week ?
Less than a quarter the premiership average ,

You make my point perfectly. What other manager would utilise such a numpty in the Premier League? That is but one example. We could go on, and, knowing you, you will...
:)

Oh, I will stop now.

But it's the Blades' way. Any other manager of a newly promoted club who scrapped and fought to get 38 points with the lowest or 2nd lowest wage bill in the PL and who was only relegated because of a rival's fraud and dishonesty would provoke sympathy and admiration. Our manager does it and he is "out of his depth".

Of course they can. Like all similar clubs, NW's remit in 06-07 was to avoid relegation. He failed in that, but by the narrowest margin possible. If we had scored one more goal he would have succeeded. How can scoring one less goal mean he was "out of his depth"?
We had plenty of other games in the league to score that 1 goal you speak of if he wasn't tactically inept at the top level.

Can't we get back to slagging off Big Sam and Fat Sam on this thread? Much more fun...

I was told on Saturday that they've sold 28,000 tickets and 11,000 Tevez masks. That should cause a few problems for the Met:

"And how would you describe the gentleman who slashed you with your own wallet chain, sir?"

""Well, he had a face like a welder's bench and sported a massive chip on his shoulder."

We had plenty of other games in the league to score that 1 goal you speak of if he wasn't tactically inept at the top level.

You seem to be missing my point. To me "out of one;s depth" means one is way behind one's rivals. See Derby in 07-08. Unless the English language has changed its meaning, one is not out of one's depth when one fails by the narrowest margin possible to accomplish one's aim.

The ideal situation would be to have an all fans open spit roast , with Scudamore being skewered and slowly barbecued

S

So warnock made money out of our transfers ?
So are mark hughes and harry redknapp also good managers at cchampionship level as they have also had shit loads of money to spend at qpr and flopped ?
Lets just say there were some dodgy dealings going off on your first question.
Your second question i haven't the fogiest what your on about,youv'e lost me.

Did that make sense in your head before you typed it ?

You seem to be missing my point. To me "out of one;s depth" means one is way behind one's rivals. See Derby in 07-08. Unless the English language has changed its meaning, one is not out of one's depth when one fails by the narrowest margin possible to accomplish one's aim.
And if you look at my posts iv'e said he was tactically inept,not actually out of his depth.

Lets just say there were some dodgy dealings going off on your first question.
Your second question i haven't the fogiest what your on about,youv'e lost me.
Well that explains It then we went down because warnock was signing shit players on purpose so hecould take a cut and to think I actually wasted my time trying to have a reasoned debate with you

And if you look at my posts iv'e said he was tactically inept,not actually out of his depth.

Well as I say, his remit was to avoid relegation and his tactics got us enough points to avoid relegation had WHU not cheated. Doesn't seem very inept to me.

I really don;t get this slagging off Warnock. He is not manager of the century by any means. He also comes across as a right arsehole personality wise. However, given his resources, he did a reasonable job in 06-07 and all this "out of his depths" and "tactically inept" is so much nonsense.

Did that make sense in your head before you typed it ?
Yes,perfectly thank you.And by the way,go and torment some other fucker,because how you come across,it can only go one way.
Well that explains It then we went down because warnock was signing shit players on purpose so hecould take a cut and to think I actually wasted my time trying to have a reasoned debate with you
Reasoned debate? You wouldn't know one if it smacked you in the chops pal.

Well as I say, his remit was to avoid relegation and his tactics got us enough points to avoid relegation had WHU not cheated. Doesn't seem very inept to me.

I really don;t get this slagging off Warnock. He is not manager of the century by any means. He also comes across as a right arsehole personality wise. However, given his resources, he did a reasonable job in 06-07 and all this "out of his depths" and "tactically inept" is so much nonsense.
Ok Darren ,we will have to differ on this one.There is one thing for sure,they did cheat but that ain't going to change where we are atm,so us moaning about cheats ain't going to get us anywhere,unfortunately we just have to get on with it.

It's been said before, but I will say it again.

It really is great now isn;t it, compared to the Warnock years; I mean, it's wonderful struggling to beat Crawley Town at home in the 3rd tier rather than having to watch us led by a tactically inept manager to victories over Arsenal and Spurs in the PL...

When do you think we'll get the "West Ham Fan In Peace" posting? I've got me guitar ready for a Blades Vs Hammers remix of Come By Ya.

It really is great now isn;t it, compared to the Warnock years; I mean, it's wonderful struggling to beat Crawley Town at home in the 3rd tier rather than having to watch us led by a tactically inept manager to victories over Arsenal and Spurs in the PL...

You could extend that to include how wonderful it was for the majority of the25 years or so before he became our manager. I mean we had such a great time in the second half of the 1970s, through the 1980s and for most of the 90s didn't we.

And i will say it again,get over it,nothings going to change.

Yes pity that development player rob hulse got injured , wonder how much money old warnock coined in off that useless fuckers signing

Those were great occasions but we also played Villa and Wigan...

I'm not slagging Warnock, Darren. I was careful to say that he did a very good job in getting us to the PL. I believe, though, that history shows he always falls short at that level.

You know, we didn't have to be the club suffering at the hands of the cheats.

You are far better at statistics and records than me. Just how badly did we perform (results, I mean) once we had that 10 point cushion?

You could extend that to include how wonderful it was for the majority of the25 years or so before he became our manager. I mean we had such a great time in the second half of the 1970s, through the 1980s and for most of the 90s didn't we.

Indeed, our second most successful manager of the last 40 years and people still slag him off...

Imagine if we'd have had message boards back then. Could you imagine the shout box when Givens missed that penalty?

Anyway, back to the point, am I alone in not being hugely concerned about tomorrow's game and much more interested in Saturday next?

Saturday's game is more important to us, but I do care about what happens tomorrow night. I don't want us to be on the end of a hiding and I fear that we might be.

Saturday's game is more important to us, but I do care about what happens tomorrow night. I don't want us to be on the end of a hiding and I fear that we might be.

So do I, but is that because of the context?

Warnock failed to sign a single player of genuine Premiership Quality. He wasn't allowed to spend a great deal but what he had, he wasted on players who were simply not good enough.

Rob Hulse's performance that season was excellent. I'll accept that most of the signings that season weren't 'genuine premiership quality' but in Hulse's case he was the signing that looked completely at home at that level. Which took me completely by surprise, as I thought he was going to be useless.

Imagine if we'd have had message boards back then. Could you imagine the shout box when Givens missed that penalty?

If the comments were anything like what those around me were shouting at him from the kop, I think the shout box might have had to have been disabled for a while

Yes pity that development player rob hulse got injured , wonder how much money old warnock coined in off that useless fuckers signing

Hulse is arguable, but was he a genuine top level player? His career suggests, sadly, not quite. Anyway, you provoke your own downfall. If we (generously) give you Hulse, name another Premier quality player that Warnock recruited.

Do try to keep a straight face, won't you....

Back
Top Bottom