CONFIRMED Kalvin Phillips

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The main thing any decent team needs is a spine. We didn’t have this last season and Wilder sorted it as best he could by bringing in Jairo and Bamford.

If this is correct, then a spine of Souttar, Phillips and Bamford is both quality and experienced, which is what we lacked last season.

Phillips undoubtedly has the quality, the question marks are all regarding fitness. Same could be same of Souttar, however that is probably why we are able to sign them rather than someone else further up the food chain.
All 3 in that spine have major concerns been able to play at least 50% of the season from past history. All eggs in one basket is a recipe for disaster (pardon the pun) for me as I don't expect us going mad in transfer market.
 



Don't like to brag but Walker is already in the front passenger seat wrapped in his Blades kit.
Jesus, I bet Souttar's not best pleased about being cramped in the back. What's Wilder thinking of? He can't even pick a decent car formation. Booooo! Gerrim aht... etc etc
 
Technically it is possible. They kick off 1pm UK time, they are knocked out by 3pm. Showers off, says see ya to his buddies and flies to Manchester ~ 6pm.
Wilder picks him up late evening UK time and makes him report for training the following morning, no excuses.
Also picks Phillips up on the way back as a cost saving objective.
You've been watching that 'Celebrity Race Across the World' ? 😅
 
If him and Peck stay with selling Brooks I’d take that all day long especially as Femi is more dangerous going forward in a 3-5-2 if that’s the way we are going.
All speculation and rumour at the minute but the fact nothing is being released really until it’s done (Brooks) then shows we now keep thing in house or golf course 😉
i think 352 is exactly what wilder is planning going back to with seriki and burrows/mcallum as wing backs although i still think mcallum could be converted to lcb also think if kyle does come back hes pencilled in for rcb in that system
 
I have no clue re: the time frame pal, I can’t imagine anything will be announced whilst he’s still in the WC. Also, re: Gus, he really wants to stay but the Turks are still interested, but as we know they don’t have the buying power or player attraction, also his lad is really settled at Birkdale. All that re: Coventry was bollocks, Lampard has no interest.

Was told the same regarding Hamer. Lots of interest from Turkey but the bids are derisory and Gus isn't keen.
 
We'll get Phillips and Walker still, Im quite confident.
Its Souttar I'm worried about falling through now.
 
Or maybe we had an option on him at a level if wage that we didnt want to go to, hqve tried to negotiate with his agent, got the knock back and told no cigar, and then maybe on relfection, the agent has approached United again to say maybe we could negotiate after all, hence the interest in going back to look at a potential new contract deal again. Its a maybe.
 
If this is all true it just shows how utterly incompetent our recruitment is.

Put all our eggs in one basket. A basket that’s barely kicked a ball in years and is continually injured. Most of the fans could see what a huge risk it was but apparently the club all thought it was a great idea.

Actually think Jairo would offer a far greater option in terms of value for money and hopefully can get himself fit enough with that mystical full pre season and regular football to manage more than an hour.
 



So many doom and gloomers on this site 😂

United fans kicking off that Reidewald wasn't signed.... only for a few months later to kick off again because we are signing Reidewald 😂
I know it’s boring during the off season but you’re spot on … some of reactive posts on here are incredible.
They remind me of my own uncontrolled outbursts during matches … so I know exactly where they’re coming from!
 


We're crawling back with our tail between our legs. I'm guessing Wilder's obsessive pursuit of Phillips is over?

I've got a feeling that we've told Jairo we have to sell before we can offer him a contract, hence why this has come out. That's what I'm hoping anyways otherwise I would be telling us to piss off if I was him
 
I've got a feeling that we've told Jairo we have to sell before we can offer him a contract, hence why this has come out. That's what I'm hoping anyways otherwise I would be telling us to piss off if I was him
Ultimately the "grand master plan" was for a Ex-Leeds line-up of Rothwell, Phillips and Bamford, now we have sent Phillips back to his club especially when he went back after injury the money was there to extend Jairo. I hope at some point there is a realisation that Phillips isn't worth it and it gets put to bed. Our focus needs to be on CB's then we can start to concentrate on a squad with a bit of flexibility, utility players would be good to cover several positions rather than starting Cannon at LW.
 
I've got a feeling that we've told Jairo we have to sell before we can offer him a contract, hence why this has come out. That's what I'm hoping anyways otherwise I would be telling us to piss off if I was him
He should do!
 
It just shows we had absolutely no backup plan for when the Phillips signing inevitably didn't happen. What do our scouts actually do day in day out?
There writing names down on a fag packet off the Internet, frees / loans while enjoying a glass of bitter in Penny Black😂
 
Wilder has been banking on Phillips, Souttar and Walker as his 'culture carriers' to address our week as shit mentally last season. Trouble is Phillips will go to Hull, Souttar will go to Wrexham and Burnley will keep Walker, which means we'll be panic buying shite again.
 



i think 352 is exactly what wilder is planning going back to with seriki and burrows/mcallum as wing backs although i still think mcallum could be converted to lcb also think if kyle does come back hes pencilled in for rcb in that system
Tanga ain't tall enough nor is he a proper dominant player for CCB
 

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom