I also have this book and always buy any reference books especially relating to ourmatches, scorelines, attendances, goalscorers etc.
However I wonder if the reason for no update is there may no longer be much money in producing reference books these days.
There used to be the Rothmans football annual record books which started in 1970 but stopped being produced in 2018.
For any info relating to our matches after 2012 there are several websites that provide most of that info.
For example here are 5 sites that provide great reference and stats info. You can also simply google stuff.
One of the co-authors, Denis Clareborough is well into in his 90s, saw the other co-author Andrew Kirkham at the Sheffield Central library one Saturday morning a few years ago. He often goes to the library before a Blades home match (he lives in North Yorkshire) and I assume he still goes to matches.
I also have this book and always buy any reference books especially relating to ourmatches, scorelines, attendances, goalscorers etc.
However I wonder if the reason for no update is there may no longer be much money in producing reference books these days.
There used to be the Rothmans football annual record books which started in 1970 but stopped being produced in 2018.
For any info relating to our matches after 2012 there are several websites that provide most of that info.
For example here are 5 sites that provide great reference and stats info. You can also simply google stuff.
I'd always thought there was scope for an SUFC on line database . A number of other clubs have them. I'm.about to retire and would happy to do the leg work on that, but I don't have the requisite technical skills. If anyone does and would like to collaborate on such a project, feel free to DM me.
I also have this book and always buy any reference books especially relating to ourmatches, scorelines, attendances, goalscorers etc.
However I wonder if the reason for no update is there may no longer be much money in producing reference books these days.
There used to be the Rothmans football annual record books which started in 1970 but stopped being produced in 2018.
For any info relating to our matches after 2012 there are several websites that provide most of that info.
For example here are 5 sites that provide great reference and stats info. You can also simply google stuff.
One of the co-authors, Denis Clareborough is well into in his 90s, saw the other co-author Andrew Kirkham at the Sheffield Central library one Saturday morning a few years ago. He often goes to the library before a Blades home match (he lives in North Yorkshire) and I assume he still goes to matches.
Andrew Kirkham became a good luck charm for me in the 2002/03 season, I coincidentally saw him at multiple matches home and away, and every time I did, we kept winning.
Unfortunately I didn't spot him at Anfield, Old Trafford or the Millennium Stadium...
I'd always thought there was scope for an SUFC on line database . A number of other clubs have them. I'm.about to retire and would happy to do the leg work on that, but I don't have the requisite technical skills. If anyone does and would like to collaborate on such a project, feel free to DM me.
We must surely have someone on here who could design us a basic website like that? Then we could all chip in with the info, Silent as proof-reader obviously
Grafikhaus on here, who sadly passed away in 2020, used to make updates in the exact same format for this book. I used to print them off, cut them to size and put them in the back of the book itself.
I've got up to 2016/17 in paper format (possibly got them as pdfs somewhere if I can find them, but I'm guessing someone on here can probably do better).
The information is pretty easy to obtain from FBref. I've got a stathead account so if someone wants something specific, let me know and I'll put it in whatever format you want and put the file on here
Grafikhaus on here, who sadly passed away in 2020, used to make updates in the exact same format for this book. I used to print them off, cut them to size and put them in the back of the book itself.
I've got up to 2016/17 in paper format (possibly got them as pdfs somewhere if I can find them, but I'm guessing someone on here can probably do better).
I'd always thought there was scope for an SUFC on line database . A number of other clubs have them. I'm.about to retire and would happy to do the leg work on that, but I don't have the requisite technical skills. If anyone does and would like to collaborate on such a project, feel free to DM me.
Grafikhaus on here, who sadly passed away in 2020, used to make updates in the exact same format for this book. I used to print them off, cut them to size and put them in the back of the book itself.
I've got up to 2016/17 in paper format (possibly got them as pdfs somewhere if I can find them, but I'm guessing someone on here can probably do better).
It crossed my mind yesterday. I'm thinking pulling the info together is probably quite straightforward (if not time consuming), but not sure how I'd go about getting it in the same format as the book/Grafikhaus's pdfs, things like the names on the Appearances page at the top at an angle for example. Wonder what software he used for that? Some sort of graphics package or maybe Powerpoint even?
Edit: If I was doing it I'd perhaps add a league position column on the left hand pages.
Just trying to sort something out in my head. I think I have a recollection of watching us play New Zealand in a friendly many many years ago - it was freezing, and I think we may have lost 0-4 at the lane. Does anyone know if there is any semblence of sanity in this memory?
Just trying to sort something out in my head. I think I have a recollection of watching us play New Zealand in a friendly many many years ago - it was freezing, and I think we may have lost 0-4 at the lane. Does anyone know if there is any semblence of sanity in this memory?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.