Barnsley fan on about our relegation

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Another season of awful transfers, injury’s and an unexpectedly stronger league and we could be in trouble.

Still, learning lessons from last season and making some good signings, a regular season injury wise and a weaker league than expected could see us back at the top end.

I’ll wager a Barnsley fan should wind his neck in when even our fans have no idea what our team will be next season

Having worked in Barnsley for almost 10 years I can say that this is not a typical Barnsley fan...

Firstly nobody is bothered with united or the pigs over there..

It's mainly Leeds United that's the club they support, then Barnsley..then the cricket..

This is just for bites as he's talking about a pemier league club that is in his region.

Next blog will be about the pigs great escape probably.. Barnsley, well nobody even in Barnsley cares about what they're up to .

Last edited:
Having worked in Barnsley for almost 10 years I can say that this is not a typical Barnsley fan...

It's mainly Leeds United that's the club they support, then Barnsley..then the cricket..

This is just for bites as he's talking about a pemier league club that is in his region.

Next blog will be about the pigs great escape probably.. Barnsley, well nobody even in Barnsley cares about what they're up to .
I know aot of Barnsley fans too because I play recreational sport in Barnsley and in my experience they don't like either Sheffield team but Wednesday by some distance is the team they like to dislike the most. There's a dislike of Leeds but teams from all to very the planet don't like Leeds! 🤣

I think it depends to an extent also on who they play more and in the last ten years or so we've not played Barnsley too often whereas Wednesday have and the play off defeat still is in recent memory of course.

Back in the 90's I felt the rivalry with Barnsley was stronger than it is now when we were playing them every season and they got promoted under Wilson when we failed to understand Kendall.

I find it surprising though when any of our fans say they dislike Barnsley because from our perspective there seems very little rivalry or reason for rivalry.

I'll add Barnsley folk are probably the most friendly people I've met in the UK to be honest.

I've lived in Barnsley all my life.

There are quite a few Leeds fans here but actual Barnsley fans despise Wednesday and Leeds.

They dislike us as well but not as much as Wednesday and Leeds.

He likes Cats, and has a strange arrangement of fairy lights in the top corner next to the window. Plus he's been looking forward to posting this 20 minute video and its 12 minutes long. So not good with figures.

He likes Cats, and has a strange arrangement of fairy lights in the top corner next to the window. Plus he's been looking forward to posting this 20 minute video and its 12 minutes long. So not good with figures.
I bet he likes his sister’s figure.

All I’ve learnt here is there’s a Barnsley fan more interested in our car crash of a season than I have been for large portions of it.

Other than the Swine I like to see the other local clubs do well. Didn’t see last weekend’s L1 results but if Barnsley hung on to their playoff spot I hope they win them.

Bloody hell! That's brutal but sadly I can't find an argument with him, which makes this season even more fucking embarrassing, he wants to post that on to the skint prince.

Really good unbiased but unfortunately mainly true

I've lived in Barnsley all my life.

There are quite a few Leeds fans here but actual Barnsley fans despise Wednesday and Leeds.

They dislike us as well but not as much as Wednesday and Leeds.
Barnsley fans DESPISE pigs. We all went to birdwell club years ago from handsworth Darnell area anout 50 to watch a well known group on the circuits back then. The club stewards knew we from Sheffield and said (jokingly ) United or pigs. Out of 50 of us there was maybe 15 pigs tops and rest were blades. So they said you lot can come in pigs can sit on bus. Just banter but I’ve worked with lads from
Barnsley and they hate pigs far more than they do Leeds in my experience

Barnsley fans DESPISE pigs. We all went to birdwell club years ago from handsworth Darnell area anout 50 to watch a well known group on the circuits back then. The club stewards knew we from Sheffield and said (jokingly ) United or pigs. Out of 50 of us there was maybe 15 pigs tops and rest were blades. So they said you lot can come in pigs can sit on bus. Just banter but I’ve worked with lads from
Barnsley and they hate pigs far more than they do Leeds in my experience

They definitely hate Wednesday the most, then Leeds and then us.

Leeds fans are so common wherever you go that it sort of diffuses the animosity a bit.

Not that many Wednesday and Blades fans in Barnsley.

I live in Barnsley and worked here on and off between 1992 and when I retired last year. Barnsley people (most of whom are genuinely lovely and friendly) do actually tend to support Barnsley, if they're bothered about football. There are quite a lot of Blades (I know this because they use the same train as me to go to the match) who live in Barnsley itself, and Wombwell. The Wendy element tend to be from out Penistone way, and they've always been in denial that they live in Barnsley anyway ("we've got a Sheffield postcode you know" - we've all gorra Sheffield postcode in Barnsley, they all start with an S!!!), so because of where they are they gravitate towards the porcine. Penistone is closer to Hillsborough than it is to Oakwell.
Barnsley fans tend to dislike Wendy more than us because of how Wendy see themselves, the "massiveness". They see us as bigger than them but we're not up ourselves so we're sort of ok, unless we're playing each other!
Anyway, I like Barnsley (the town), it's tons better than it was, and people just write bollocks about it (usually from the perspective of never having visited!!). There, I've said it now!

not gonna lie i do read porktalk every so often because a lot of it is funny,top 3 topics are chansiri,attendances and fans from other places who support them,they try to say loads of wednesday fans are either from Barnsley or live in Barnsley and loads live in derby one even said hes lived in derby for years and doesnt recall any blades and mentioned they read what derbysufc as said on here,also as you all know apparently blades and Rotherham suck each others cocks 😂😂😂FB_IMG_1709411650918.jpg.b0f4605da578b153061486412ce106c2.jpg

Is he Heckys daughters boyfriend?

Back
Top Bottom