Van Dijk violent conduct

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Quotes from their site,
‘Lucky goal aside Sheffield offered nothing other than red card challenges’
‘Their fans have cheek to moan about VVD not being sent off for brushing their players neck. The tackle on Konate was disgusting’

They are a very sad fan base

Quotes from their site,
‘Their fans have cheek to moan about VVD not being sent off for brushing their players neck. The tackle on Konate was disgusting’

Konate who was pulling our player to the ground in the first place.

I've seen this back a few times and it's up there with one of the most baffling non-decisions I've ever seen. The fact it did not even go to VAR, nevermind that no action was taken, is perplexing (well, it's not really, but in a fair world, it would be).

I've seen this back a few times and it's up there with one of the most baffling non-decisions I've ever seen. The fact it did not even go to VAR, nevermind that no action was taken, is perplexing (well, it's not really, but in a fair world, it would be).

Did our player sell the incident, or did he just get on with the game as if nothing had happened?

If that was Trusty doing it to any of their players there's not a million to one chance he would remain on the pitch, let alone not be even cautioned.
That's 2 in 2 matches. Utd need to demand answers. It's beyond ridiculous.
V 10 men at 1 1 even we would be likely to get something from the game.

He was only copying the Fulham player - VAR allows every opposition player one attempted strangulation per game

Personally speaking (not talking about the laws) I'm not one for seeing red cards for what happened with Hamer and Trusty this week. Plus neither player was remotely hurt.

BUT...what happened to the supposed approach where raising a hand to an opponent's neck or face was seen as an automatic red.

Has the law changed? I'd rather not go down the conspiracy route but I agree in that I wouldn't be confident of say McBurnie getting away with what Bassey and Virgil Van Cunt did.

I don't think its a conspiracy but I think all referees in the league know that giving a call against a top side fighting for a trophy is a big call. Giving something against us doesn't matter to them.

Its not right, but its a bit like of old Mrs Butler from next door moans about your cat Sh*tting in her garden, you ignore her, if its the rich knob who posts a letter through your door threatening legal action for your cat defecating in their garden, you might shove a cork up the cats arse just in case.

I don't think its a conspiracy but I think all referees in the league know that giving a call against a top side fighting for a trophy is a big call. Giving something against us doesn't matter to them.

Its not right, but its a bit like of old Mrs Butler from next door moans about your cat Sh*tting in her garden, you ignore her, if its the rich knob who posts a letter through your door threatening legal action for your cat defecating in their garden, you might shove a cork up the cats arse just in case.
No, if the rich knob posts a letter through my door threatening legal action, then I'd personally shit in his garden. Not sure what this analogy means for the likes of van Cunt though!

Quotes from their site,

👍

Last edited:
Struggling really to give that much of a shit. It's hardly a myth that the bigger teams with more to lose end up getting the breaks often whether against us or anyone. Doesn't make it right but then again alot of things aren't 'right'

I don't know if it's just something we're trying to peddle so it makes us deal with the inevitable because let's be honest, despite relegation being on the cards since the first kick and seeming like it was our destiny since about 4 matches in, it's still technically possible to claw our way to safety and we all have the tiniest molecule of "what if though ?" Inside us

There was a similar one v Fulham, but the one last night seemed to have much more force when he pushed and held trusty down to the ground.

I would guess that the red card would come if it was a punch or push to the face, but because it's the neck, it's a bit of a loophole, so to speak.

For me it's violent conduct still... but the ref and VAR are never going to give it in our favour, so lets crack on

Back
Top Bottom