New keeper is shit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He did look more assured today but has yet to do anything that I wouldn’t expect from any professional keeper. Until now I haven’t been impressed but he weds games and time

I'm unconvinced. He had little to do and no chance on the goal but indecisive on a cross, kicked one straight to them and then sort of fumbled a weak shot at the end. Then what was he doing on the Souza injury - many players would have just kicked that in the net and a goal would have been rightly given?

Plus side was he took one cross and the distribution to Brewster led to the run away and the booking.

His kicking has been patchy but seems better than Wes with his feet but when given shots/things to deal with seems indecisive to me.

Needs a run of games but cannot be easy in front of our defence.
The ball out of play seemed a really Tufty Club moment!

I thought he looked good with his feet. He could teach Hamer a thing or two about passing accurately.

He does have more of a presence than Foderingham. You do feel more assured with him in goal, even though he hasn't made any great saves yet really.

That one long kick at the end straight to a Wolves player was horrifying though. There wasn't even a Blades player anywhere near where the ball landed.

That one long kick at the end straight to a Wolves player was horrifying though. There wasn't even a Blades player anywhere near where the ball landed.
He aimed for our right hand side, where we had 3 players, and it landed on the left, where they had 3 players 🤣

He’s a bloke who is trying his best to make anything whatsoever out of , what is probably, the worst resourced Premier League squad in history .
I'd say easily, the worst resourced squad in premier league history. Our best player is another club's youngster on loan.

That's in the context of the rest of the division and the riches, experience, athletes, quality and depth other sides now have by the bucketful. We're an injury away from the kids making the bench, right across the squad.

Levels above Wes....
Based on what? He may turn out to be better given 10 games plus but so far he is miles below Wes.

90% of shots on target he's faced have gone in.Other than the goal yesterday which he had no chance with he had 1 save to make which he fumbled, he could have gifted wolves a goal with sloppy play with his feet and he killed the momentum in injury time with a shocking kick...

So far he looks like a worse version of Olsen

Early days & playing behind a shaky defence … gotta give lad a bit of time before passing judgement IMO ⚔️
I think you will find an half decent keeper playing behind a shaky defence usually ends quite high up the most saves table, somehow i don't see this supposed keeper doing that at the moment.

Based on what? He may turn out to be better given 10 games plus but so far he is miles below Wes.

90% of shots on target he's faced have gone in.Other than the goal yesterday which he had no chance with he had 1 save to make which he fumbled, he could have gifted wolves a goal with sloppy play with his feet and he killed the momentum in injury time with a shocking kick...

So far he looks like a worse version of Olsen
Did you see Olsen play for us!?!

He’ll get plenty of practice on Monday anyway!
Monday will be a proper test, if arsenal score early on the heads will go down as usual and he will be facing 20 plus shots. He won't have anywhere near the time he had with the ball at his feet against wolves so we should see how good he is with the ball at his feet.

Wes usually makes around 4 or 5 good saves in games where we're getting battered, including the save of the month from salah against Liverpool, so it will be interesting to see how he compares

Wes and Grbic are very different styles of keeper.

Wes is the more athletic Henderson/De Gea style. Not particularly big but makes spectacular saves with huge dives and great reflexes

Grbic is more Nick Pope. Huge and needs to be positionally perfect because when he is there's hardly anything to aim at. Not going to be pulling off saves like that save of the month one Wes did but should (hopefully) have all the fundamentals perfect

It's a gamble making him first choice but we're at the stage of the season where we've got nothing to lose. Wes is a good Championship-level keeper who's performed admirably for us but in the PL you need to be world class. Looking at the quality keepers that have been dropped by other PL teams, it's no shame for Wes to take a turn on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom