Player Suggestion Jess Lingaard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think he gets pretty over the top criticism.

Sure, can ask plenty of questions about if he made the best of his career (arguably he did in many ways - silverware etc).

He got given way more money than he needed as a young man, also has spoken very openly about depression.

I'd certainly support him just like anyone else we signed. Doubt we will though, despite the previous 2020/21 transfer talk.

Paul Scholes tells Jesse Lingard to stop ‘f***ing around in gym & play football’​

Reactions: MKY
Question is... If he had of gotten a big money move to Saudi, would he have sacked his agents?

Don't see him sacking his agents as some sort of rejuvenated prophetical move some others are seeing it as.

More like, you didn't get me a decent paycheck so now you're fired.

He’s the epitome of most things that are regrettable about the 21st century Prem footballer, right?

That may not all be his fault—he’s a product of the environment he swims in.

We couldn’t afford him anyway. But it’s to the credit of our club that, collectively, we’d struggle think of a less likely Sheff Utd signing than Lingard?

How much is he asking for?

He’d milk us like a tit! How on Earth would we afford to pay him?
Well that's a good description of you and your quote. From a football perspective it a no brainer, take him all day long.

Very low basic , pay as you play could be worth a try ? Ordinarily we would never be able to attract a player like this but if what he says is true might be worth a go . My negatives are
1 he seems like a complete bellend
2 not played any competitive football for ages so might not be ready to go into the team for a while.
Depending on number 2 that would influence my overall decision.
If we got the West Ham version ……
More likely to get the Forest version !!
As ever UTB!

Reactions: MKY
Well that's a good description of you and your quote. From a football perspective it a no brainer, take him all day long.
Yeh right- if we get the Forest version of him! Our likely destination next season is the championship. Shouldn’t we be planning for that rather than wasting money on a journeyman? Why would he accept the paltry (by his standards) amounts we could afford to pay him anyway?

Type of player Wilder used to love to try & get his career back on track.

I actually think if we could get him on a 2 year deal he’d tear it up in the championship & it’s probably what his career needs right now.

Like Barkley has regained form at Luton by being their star man rather than 1 of many stars in a better team

Hes usually failed with those kind of signings (ex / declining PL players)
Yep, did well with them in the lower leagues but not great in the prem. McGoldrick was very much one of them signings. I’m sure people will debate this but nobody wanted him the summer we took him & he was very injury prone.

Trying to think of a few others like Donaldson, Jake Wright, Leon Clarke (ish as he had a good pedigree in the league we signed him for) but then there was Rodwell & Ravel Morrison 🤣

Yep, did well with them in the lower leagues but not great in the prem. McGoldrick was very much one of them signings. I’m sure people will debate this but nobody wanted him the summer we took him & he was very injury prone.

Trying to think of a few others like Donaldson, Jake Wright, Leon Clarke (ish as he had a good pedigree in the league we signed him for) but then there was Rodwell & Ravel Morrison 🤣

Not totally correct re McGoldrick as some (😏) on here where telling anyone that would listen that McGoldrick would be an excellent signing for us on a free transfer as he was as silky as fuck and would be a car better bet than spunking a few million on that lump who ended up signing for Frank Lampards Derby County for a few million and on big wages (the lads name fails me). Only issue I had with the possible signing of McGoldrick was concerns about his injury problems in the past and we didn't need another crock. Thankfully the shorter commute for him from the Midlands probably helped keep him fit and it was a terrific signing. But yes, some of us genuinely did want him to sign when he was on trial.

Not totally correct re McGoldrick as some (😏) on here where telling anyone that would listen that McGoldrick would be an excellent signing for us on a free transfer as he was as silky as fuck and would be a car better bet than spunking a few million on that lump who ended up signing for Frank Lampards Derby County for a few million and on big wages (the lads name fails me). Only issue I had with the possible signing of McGoldrick was concerns about his injury problems in the past and we didn't need another crock. Thankfully the shorter commute for him from the Midlands probably helped keep him fit and it was a terrific signing. But yes, some of us genuinely did want him to sign when he was on trial.
Admittedly I didn’t know too much about him prior having watched league one football 7 years or whatever it was.

I remember fans being annoyed about a budget signing after we’d missed out on Waghorn & I also remember not many clubs really after him at the time.

As you said turned out to be one of the best players I’ve watched at the Lane.

He’d milk us like a tit! How on Earth would we afford to pay him?
Why would we want to? He proved me and alot of people wrong re his stint with Wet Spam so what does he do signs for Forest FFS. The lads got talent but years are passing him by it's a big NO from me too much of a big time Charlie for me

He seems to have prioritised money and non-football matters over his career since leaving MU, which I can’t help thinking he will live to regret in years to come.

He should have moved to West Ham after MU, he’d had a successful loan there and Moyes seemed to really rate him. By all accounts Forest offered more money and a bonkers signing on fee and that was enough to swing it. Christ knows what he’s thinking here. The BBC are suggesting he wants to expand his restaurant, fashion range and esports interests into Korea. Be surprised if he sees his 2 year contract out.

Picking your quote at random as a few have said this - what is the highest level of football where you think this is actually a thing?

Yeah pay as you play seems to be something created by this forum that doesn’t actually exist in reality.

Picking your quote at random as a few have said this - what is the highest level of football where you think this is actually a thing?
For long term contracts in the higher divisions of pro football never. But for short term contracts until the end of the season which puts a player in the shop window some I would think.

And looking at this below it looks like it happens in the PL

'Under a pay as you play deal the player will be contracted to the club for a certain amount of time under a standard FA Premier League contract. The only difference to the make-up of that player's contract than other players in the team is that player will be paid when he makes an appearance for the club.'

and if it did, why on earth would anyone sign it?
Because they've got no other option, because they are injury prone and clubs won't commit to long term deals, because they are seen as ' having a bad attitude' and need to prove themselves, because it puts them in the shop window for a few months possibly enabling them to get a long term contract in the summer if they perform well

Back
Top Bottom