Ivo Grbic's Magic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He didn't have much to say many of these goals, provided by rest of the team..
People have been talking about the 5th, but it doesn't make that much difference if it's 2-4 or 2-5, does it?
Also fresh move in first PL game and already conceded 4, I bet he wasn't on his best mood at that point anyways..

There was also analyze (with pictures) how Mr Norwood was more or less reason to all of these goals, so should we say as long as Norwood is on the keeper doesn't stand a chance and every save is a miracle?

It takes more for me to lose faith to the new keeper, but time and his actions will tell where he stands.

Seems like we have gathered bunch of greedy fancies in our squad lately, like Berge, Ndiaye and now Wes (if all they say about him is even partly true)
Let's hope we get players with better mental approach and values to the squad in the future!

Another thread slagging the keeper off. How many would Wes concede on Saturday? Also Wes wont sign a deal. So its Grbic or nowt
I'm with you in that slagging this new lad of is pretty poor even by this forums standards. Am I correct in thinking he'd had literally no time to get aquatinted with the squad or anything, personally I think it was the right move to just throw him in at the deep end like that. Cup match, no real ramifications to losing and yeah it'll have likely dinged the confidence but if he's going to be our number one...

What I will say though is I think Wes is quite decent with pens so there's a chance he saves em I suppose. But again, if you don't sign your contract what more can you expect

Another thread slagging the keeper off. How many would Wes concede on Saturday? Also Wes wont sign a deal. So its Grbic or nowt
Not slagging at all,its in reference to what Wilder said about Jack O'Connell after his first few games for United and how great he turned out to be.

Wilder on Grbic >
"He’s got a good pedigree and will get better. I made that decision. He wanted to play as well. There was a lot of travelling going on and medicals and training with Atletico Madrid on Monday and us on Friday. I made that decision and have to take responsibility for that. As you all know, Jack O’Connell wouldn’t have had the career he had, if people had made that decision on him after three or four games"

Not slagging at all,its in reference to what Wilder said about Jack O'Connell after his first few games for United and how great he turned out to be.

Wilder on Grbic >
"He’s got a good pedigree and will get better. I made that decision
. He wanted to play as well. There was a lot of travelling going on and medicals and training with Atletico Madrid on Monday and us on Friday. I made that decision and have to take responsibility for that. As you all know, Jack O’Connell wouldn’t have had the career he had, if people had made that decision on him after three or four games"
The problem with that statement, hopefully Grbic gets better the more he understands the dressing room and fellow players etc however, the downside with Wilder making a decision on player recruitment, is that he has signed Grbic until 2027 whilst Wilder has committed himself to the club until 2025.

Grbic debut wasn't the easiest and a trial game in effect as realistically the cup isn't in our best interests but it shows our weaknesses haven't necessarily been with the keeper but everything that happens in front of that final shot!

Mardy bastard (Wes, not you).
If it was me, I would be wanting a loan out so at least I could get some first team football and look for my next contract. Wes has been shat on a bit, how much pushing was done in terms of contracts is never known and also was he declining to sign as he knew that we were lining up a number 1 ? 18 clean sheets in 44 games last season. A Championship/League 1 club will be eyeing him up.

Nothing but thanks and praise for Wes, an excellent Championship keeper, clubs should be queuing up for him, given his chance in the Prem and found wanting, not his fault the club didn’t have a replacement lined up is case he didn’t make the grade.

He picks it out the once,
He picks it out the twice,
And when he does it three more times,
Some people say he's shite....

( Give the lad a chance by the way... I think he will come good, and it looks like we now need him to):
He dives to the left
He dives to the right
And when he comes for crosses.
They score all F'ing night

Agree he needs time

I read it as a bit of dark humour.
Grbic's history shows clearly that he can play. Give him a chance to settle in and find his feet, and keep the focus on the blokes in front of him doing a half decent job to give him a chance

Wilder making a decision on player recruitment, is that he has signed Grbic until 2027 whilst Wilder has committed himself to the club until 2025.
Crossed my mind that if/while Wilder is rock hard Blade is there a possibility, that he rate Grbic so high he sees him as a legacy fr the club, even if he ain't around?

How many players have we signed who looked world beaters for there first match, but just flattered too deceive ?
We just have to hope this guy does it the other way round ,,,,,,

Wes: "Gaffer, if I'm not number 1, I want to go out on loan, im not signing a contract for less than £30k pw, so there. Can I go out on loan!?"

Widler: "I've brought Ivo in, because of the situation with your contract Wes, I cant afford to wait, and I've had to make this decision, and I've promised Ivo that he will be first choice, im sorry, but you had your chance."

Wes: "Well in not staying, I want to go out on loan now, send me out on loan!"

Widler: " I'm happy to let you go out on loan Wes, you can go tomorrow, but, someone has to come in for you, and who's going to do that, your wank, you even struggle to save your pocket money!"

Wes: "Gaffer, if I'm not number 1, I want to go out on loan, im not signing a contract for less than £30k pw, so there. Can I go out on loan!?"

Widler: "I've brought Ivo in, because of the situation with your contract Wes, I cant afford to wait, and I've had to make this decision, and I've promised Ivo that he will be first choice, im sorry, but you had your chance."

Wes: "Well in not staying, I want to go out on loan now, send me out on loan!"

Widler: " I'm happy to let you go out on loan Wes, you can go tomorrow, but, someone has to come in for you, and who's going to do that, your wank, you even struggle to save your pocket money!"
Ouch

How many players have we signed who looked world beaters for there first match, but just flattered too deceive ?
We just have to hope this guy does it the other way round ,,,,,,
Mel Rees (although he kept the standards up)
Vas Borbokis - see above
Bobby Davison - see above above
Stephen Scougal - I’m answering your question now
Tom Heffernan- great debut , see above
Jim Bone - see above above

Mel Rees (although he kept the standards up)
Vas Borbokis - see above
Bobby Davison - see above above
Stephen Scougal - I’m answering your question now
Tom Heffernan- great debut , see above
Jim Bone - see above above
Disagree re Mel Rees, he was a great keeper.

Back
Top Bottom