Carl asaba

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He also said Ndiaye wasn't leaving 😉

I seem to recall him saying that he believed it to be the case, from what he knew at the time.

Ndiaye's change of heart happened very quickly, after filming "the video" due to that **** who runs Marseille calling him and saying "now or never".

I seem to recall him saying that he believed it to be the case, from what he knew at the time.

Ndiaye's change of heart happened very quickly, after filming "the video" due to that **** who runs Marseille calling him and saying "now or never".

Indeed, that's true but it's just another example of third hand shit being posted on social media, and half the world thinks it's fact.

illi's gone, Berge might be next but Sheffield United has been trundling along since 1889. I don't fucking care about gossip, rumours, even facts don't have me losing sleep because I'm a Blade. Win, lose or draw, fourth division, first division, what does it matter? Life goes on, no one died.

Indeed, that's true but it's just another example of third hand shit being posted on social media, and half the world thinks it's fact.

illi's gone, Berge might be next but Sheffield United has been trundling along since 1889. I don't fucking care about gossip, rumours, even facts don't have me losing sleep because I'm a Blade. Win, lose or draw, fourth division, first division, what does it matter? Life goes on, no one died.
I agree in principal, however it does seem likely the Berge is next anyway. I’m all for pragmatism, but what if Anel is next on the list?

Never mind, we still have Chris Basham for another year. ;)

I agree in principal, however it does seem likely the Berge is next anyway. I’m all for pragmatism, but what if Anel is next on the list?

It's a concern for us all seeing good players leave, but we've been here many times before and yet here we are, on the verge of another season in the Premier League. Let's see who we bring in, you never know, it might shut one or two whining fuckers up for a few minutes. I wouldn't bank on it though, we really do have a monopoly on bedwetters these days.

I'm not gonna mark anybody down for how they feel atm, but let's see what happens between now and when the window closes, we know the Prince prefers to do deals at the death because he said we get better value..

Everybody is pointing the fingers and I'm dissapointed with the board and thier behaviour last season re contracts and the embargo etc.

But let's not forget, the players didn't want to renew thier contracts, they were offered great deals apparently a year ago (when they had 2 years left) and they all said no deal..

Players can't get off Scott free from criticism, they dont want to be here, so how can you make them sign, the club have been great to them, so is it just greed and they want wages off the charts?

Jebbo and Osula also are in the last year as well... Likely they refused new deals, I think Osula has a big future, Jebbo hasn't took his chances when they've come along, DJ can go, but we need to look after Osula.

It's a concern for us all seeing good players leave, but we've been here many times before and yet here we are, on the verge of another season in the Premier League. Let's see who we bring in, you never know, it might shut one or two whining fuckers up for a few minutes. I wouldn't bank on it though, we really do have a monopoly on bedwetters these days.
I know. I suggest Basham for sarcasm. Because there is no sarcasm smiley, I used a wink instead!

I can't disagree but t it's frustrating that this club can never have any aspiration, seemingly destined to underachieve forever. But yeah see you out Exeter away in a few years 🤣

I'm not gonna mark anybody down for how they feel atm, but let's see what happens between now and when the window closes, we know the Prince prefers to do deals at the death because he said we get better value..

Everybody is pointing the fingers and I'm dissapointed with the board and thier behaviour last season re contracts and the embargo etc.

But let's not forget, the players didn't want to renew thier contracts, they were offered great deals apparently a year ago (when they had 2 years left) and they all said no deal..

Players can't get off Scott free from criticism, they dont want to be here, so how can you make them sign, the club have been great to them, so is it just greed and they want wages off the charts?

Jebbo and Osula also are in the last year as well... Likely they refused new deals, I think Osula has a big future, Jebbo hasn't took his chances when they've come along, DJ can go, but we need to look after Osula.
Not sure on Osula. He’s been getting decent grades for friendly performances, but last time I saw him play was 23 May away to Millwall in U21 PDL Final. He was awful then. Looked very young and very lost. I think one of them needs to stick around at least until this window closes.

Bang on Tezza

Well when you put it like that....fair enough.

Didn't he see Ili filming the video at the Girona friendly and report on that basis? Probably a fair assumption to make if he did.

we really do have a monopoly on bedwetters these days.
Is this not a problem of the social media age? In the past we could only talk to our mates or write a letter to the local paper. Nowadays you can spread wacky ideas to thousands of people within moments of dreaming them up.

It's a crazy world of ITKers who some of the time are spreading confidential info they shouldn't or info they've purposely been told so that they can spread it. Then we have the WUMs who are just playing a game and praying on the gullible.

Incidentally I think Carl Asaba was giving a not unreasonable opinion - but that's all it was - an opinion

The bed wetters worst fears are happening right in front of our very eyes 👀

I’ve said it before and will say it again, that season in the 4th division was one of the most enjoyable I’ve had supporting United. All the hangers on pissed off to watch other clubs leaving the hardcore 8000 to do what we’ve always done - support the club through thick and thin. Sure, I’d prefer to be in the Premier League but we’ll never recreate the atmosphere at Darlington or get nearly 30,000 at the Lane for a midweek game in the 4th division!

Is Osula in his last year tho, not seen that reported anywhere or is he still under one of those academy contracts, like what Ndiaye was before he signed that contract in the Jokanovic season.

Is Osula in his last year tho, not seen that reported anywhere or is he still under one of those academy contracts, like what Ndiaye was before he signed that contract in the Jokanovic season.

I'm just going on what another poster said, hope you're right as personally I think he's gonna be a lot better than Jebbo.

I'm just going on what another poster said, hope you're right as personally I think he's gonna be a lot better than Jebbo.
Same here, despite him scoring no goals in preseason, his ability to get into those goal scoring positions, which he was also doing against Birmingham in the last game of the season is promising.

Anel isn't next on the list as he's still contract until 2026, unlike Ndiaye and Berge. However, Anel has made his career ambitions very clear and I fully expect him to put in a transfer request next summer after we've been relegated. He wants Premier League football. If we plays well this season despite poor results and relegation, then I wouldn't be upset if he left for £15-20mil next summer. We'd have tripled/quadrupled what we paid for him.

Is this not a problem of the social media age? In the past we could only talk to our mates or write a letter to the local paper. Nowadays you can spread wacky ideas to thousands of people within moments of dreaming them up.

It's a crazy world of ITKers who some of the time are spreading confidential info they shouldn't or info they've purposely been told so that they can spread it. Then we have the WUMs who are just playing a game and praying on the gullible.

Incidentally I think Carl Asaba was giving a not unreasonable opinion - but that's all it was - an opinion

I agree, I like Asaba as a pundit but people forget that a lot of what he says is just opinion. Way of the world I'm afraid, thank goodness I'm old, this constant barrage of crap would do me in.

Anel isn't next on the list as he's still contract until 2026, unlike Ndiaye and Berge. However, Anel has made his career ambitions very clear and I fully expect him to put in a transfer request next summer after we've been relegated. He wants Premier League football. If we plays well this season despite poor results and relegation, then I wouldn't be upset if he left for £15-20mil next summer. We'd have tripled/quadrupled what we paid for him.
I have explained my post already. In the absence of a sarcasm smiley I used a wink smiley to indicate that the suggestion was not entirely serious, but also had limited merit.

I’ve said it before and will say it again, that season in the 4th division was one of the most enjoyable I’ve had supporting United. All the hangers on pissed off to watch other clubs leaving the hardcore 8000 to do what we’ve always done - support the club through thick and thin. Sure, I’d prefer to be in the Premier League but we’ll never recreate the atmosphere at Darlington or get nearly 30,000 at the Lane for a midweek game in the 4th division!
I also loved the 1981/82 season - many great memories.

The hardcore was a touch higher than 8,000, though. Lowest league gate of the entire season was against Colchester at 11,293 - won 1-0 (Hatton) - and our average was well over 14,000.

Next to no away fans at the Lane that season, too.

I also loved the 1981/82 season - many great memories.

The hardcore was a touch higher than 8,000, though. Lowest league gate of the entire season was against Colchester at 11,293 - won 1-0 (Hatton) - and our average was well over 14,000.

Next to no away fans at the Lane that season, too.
Putting that into context attendances then across football was much lower for example Newcastle average that season 17,000
Football was watched predominantly by the hardcore
And I tend not to enjoy reminiscing about a season in the bottom Division
Though I believe when Wolves dropped down there they were struggling to get 6,000

Another way of HRH saving money?? If your wage bill is £2M a month and you wait another 4 weeks before signing players . . . .

Putting that into context attendances then across football was much lower for example Newcastle average that season 17,000
Football was watched predominantly by the hardcore
And I tend not to enjoy reminiscing about a season in the bottom Division
Though I believe when Wolves dropped down there they were struggling to get 6,000

True.

Wolves’ average gate in 1985/86 - in Division 3 - was 4,020. They went as low as 2,500 for some games. The following season, in Division 4, they averaged 5,754.

United averaged 14,892 in Division 4. In context, that was higher, for instance, than Stoke City in the top flight that season - 14,635.

I agree, I like Asaba as a pundit but people forget that a lot of what he says is just opinion. Way of the world I'm afraid, thank goodness I'm old, this constant barrage of crap would do me in.
Yeah I agree. He never claims to be ITK, although he’ll obviously know more than most.

Seems a really sound, down to earth bloke.

That’s exactly how we should operate.

The relegation part aside…. :)

Back
Top Bottom