Everton FFP

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Greasy Chap Butty

Not even a fish
Reaction score
In March 2022, Everton announced losses of £120.9m for the 2020-21 season.

That meant losses over a period of three years totalled £372m - more than three times the £105m permitted under Premier League rules.

Takin' the piss, but 'robustly defending' it.

It's about time.

I thought they should have been charged at some point last season or earlier into this.

Burnley depending on the precise nature of the judgement could have a compensation claim too unless they waived the right entirely .

Ffp should be "in real time" like in Spain where Barcelona have to sell and bend over backwards and let Messi go just to start the season with the ability to register new players

Nahthen.....I think we may have all noticed that we're wank. And most worryingly, our heads seem to go down pretty easy, which is something we're not used to so there aren't too many signs of hope- but this could perk us up a bit couldn't it?

They're deeply, deeply in the shit. FFP after them and their takeover about to fall through. A few points docked for them, and us with Wolves and Bournemouth at home in November, then daft as it sounds we could still be well in with a shout couldn't we??

Not that they're much of a powerhouse in English football but it wouldn't surprise me if they get let off with it. Where have we heard this before that "a points deduction wouldn't be fair on the supporters"?

FFP/P+S has been about a for a few years now and can't recall any PL club being stripped of points because of a breach of them?

Not that they're much of a powerhouse in English football but it wouldn't surprise me if they get let off with it. Where have we heard this before that "a points deduction wouldn't be fair on the supporters"?

FFP/P+S has been about a for a few years now and can't recall any PL club being stripped of points because of a breach of them?
Aye true....but they're not Man City with billions of pounds to pay the best lawyers, and as it says there's decent sized clubs (Leeds, Leicester, it says Burnley but surely it means Southampton?) who'd be willing to sue.

They're not representing us in Europe so that's one complication for the authorities removed- they're an easy target if they want to make an example of them. You never know ...

Aye true....but they're not Man City with billions of pounds to pay the best lawyers, and as it says there's decent sized clubs (Leeds, Leicester, it says Burnley but surely it means Southampton?) who'd be willing to sue.

They're not representing us in Europe so that's one complication for the authorities removed- they're an easy target if they want to make an example of them. You never know ...
Burnley weren't happy from their recent relegation

Let’s not pretend we don’t know how this will play out. They are one of the Premier league untouchables so any ‘punishment’ is likely to be suspended until the end of the season with the following outcomes probable

Everton are relegated - points deduction as it won’t affect anything.
Everton stay up on goal difference - a fine which is postponed then later appealed and forgotten about / taken in minor instalments.
Everton stay up on points - point deduction that makes no difference to their status unless they stay up by a couple of points in which case scenario 2 kicks in.

The PL won't want their league tarnishing with such bad press.

Has there ever been a points deduction in the Premier League? I doubt there ever will be

They are having to borrow money just to pay their month to month bills. Could go into administration.

Let’s not pretend we don’t know how this will play out. They are one of the Premier league untouchables so any ‘punishment’ is likely to be suspended until the end of the season with the following outcomes probable

Everton are relegated - points deduction as it won’t affect anything.
Everton stay up on goal difference - a fine which is postponed then later appealed and forgotten about / taken in minor instalments.
Everton stay up on points - point deduction that makes no difference to their status unless they stay up by a couple of points in which case scenario 2 kicks in.
Or points deferred to next season and a fine this season

The PL won't want their league tarnishing with such bad press.

Has there ever been a points deduction in the Premier League? I doubt there ever will be
Middlesborough docked 3 points for not playing Blackburn - were relegated.

Back
Top Bottom