Leon Clarke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mendi

Reaction score

He’s had a 20 year career, but played more games for us than anyone else.

Forever a Blades hero, he might have only had a purple patch in terms of goal scoring but he brought a lot to the front line and a couple of current (and an ex-pro) players I spoke to dreaded playing against him for a few of his teams.
Good luck Leon who always wanted to play football so not interested in wages. He was brilliant for us when he was named in the Champ Player of the Season Team of The Season. Leon has said he is now a Blade & this is the 1st result he looks for. When he was on loan to Wigan at the Supporters Clubs Eve Mark Duffy stood up & said all the squad thought Leon should be there as he was their friend. Mark also told off supporters for celebrating his bouncing day goal but not Leon's 2 goals. I was there & the players were unanimous in their backing of Mark.

There are certain folks that have a distinct liking for bobbar in these ere parts.

I not be one of em !

UTB

During the first season back in the Championship where he knocked in 18-20 goals, his intelligence off the ball and instinct for scoring was at peak Deane/Beattie/Sharp levels. If I could be bothered, I'd go back to the game against Wolves & Hull (H) to do a Bergen Blade level of analysis to back this up. There was also a game in September in 2017 where he didn't do bad 🙂

He's in the same regard as Didzy when it comes to strikers who were outstanding for us.

Duffy rightly gets immortalised in the Blades folklore because of the bounce killer moment, and don’t get me wrong it’s in my top 3 moments in my blades supporting life. But Leon’s performance against the piggies that day was outstanding and more than deserves a place in the Jedi archives alongside Duffy.

During the first season back in the Championship where he knocked in 18-20 goals, his intelligence off the ball and instinct for scoring was at peak Deane/Beattie/Sharp levels. If I could be bothered, I'd go back to the game against Wolves & Hull (H) to do a Bergen Blade level of analysis to back this up. There was also a game in September in 2017 where he didn't do bad 🙂

He's in the same regard as Didzy when it comes to strikers who were outstanding for us.
Appreciate its selective. But strip out the best dozen games he had for us.

The rest is, at best, below average.

Sorry. But that’s the fact of it !!

I’ve made my peace with Leon. He cost fuck all and gave us some great memories.

But FFS let’s have it how it was. A marvellous purple patch.

UTB

Bouncing Day apart the goal he scored at Chesterfield when we slaughtered them in the second half remains in the memory

Duffy rightly gets immortalised in the Blades folklore because of the bounce killer moment, and don’t get me wrong it’s in my top 3 moments in my blades supporting life. But Leon’s performance against the piggies that day was outstanding and more than deserves a place in the Jedi archives alongside Duffy.

The pig fans were laughing, before the game, on social media, laughing that Leon Clarke was our front man.

He was the perfect blend of pace, power and technique that day, almost scored a hat-trick (which would have been glorious), and the way he brushed off the two pig defenders for the fourth was great to see. Men against boys.

Appreciate its selective. But strip out the best dozen games he had for us.

The rest is, at best, below average.

Sorry. But that’s the fact of it !!

I’ve made my peace with Leon. He cost fuck all and gave us some great memories.

But FFS let’s have it how it was. A marvellous purple patch.

UTB
I don't remember it like that at all. Yes it was a marvelous purple patch, but he played well the whole time he was with us, as did most players during that time.

I don't remember it like that at all. Yes it was a marvelous purple patch, but he played well the whole time he was with us, as did most players during that time.
That’s the difference pal.

I do remember.

As I say, made my peace. Thanks for the 20% 👍.

UTB

Duffy gets the love, Clarke gets the goals but for me Brooks was the star that game!

How many players can say they have scored 9 goals in a calendar month? Not many, but Leon can

View attachment 172160
Pretty much unplayable around that time.

Thing is that he always had this in his locker, it was only an unwillingness to put in the hard yards before he joined us that held him back a bit. Remember watching him for Wolves against us back when he was breaking through and he was a complete monster in fits and starts.

Pretty much unplayable around that time.

Thing is that he always had this in his locker, it was only an unwillingness to put in the hard yards before he joined us that held him back a bit. Remember watching him for Wolves against us back when he was breaking through and he was a complete monster in fits and starts.
The Wilder team of first year back in championship was 'peak Wilder' in terms of the absolute swagger and style with which we played. Leon with pace and power, the guile and craft of Duffy, the ball skills of Brooks. The engine room of Coutts and Fleck. It was great. Amazing times...

Back
Top Bottom