When did we stop playing this when the Blades came out?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I recall us running out to it up until around the mid-80’s.

As has been pointed out, Ilkley Moor is West Yorkshire but the song seemed to have a wider Yorkshire identity back in the day. I have all the words burnt into my memory through it being taught in Music lessons at Meersbrook Bank school in the late 70’s/early 80’s.

Sometime in the late 80's? Or earlier?

Cringeworthy for sure. I didn't like it. As Snowflake says, Ilkley Moor is in West Yorks, nowhere near Sheffield.
Nothing cringeworthy, about Yorkshire’s national anthem.
It’s for proud Yorkshiremen, it’s not just for the Dirty’s.
I always enjoy a good chant of Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire, as well, especially against Forest.

Before my time, but I'd gladly take it over the fucking shite we run out to today.

I'd even gladly revert back to the Star Wars theme, despite the fact that Star Wars is only liked by wankers.
Is it just me who quite likes our pre match run out stuff? Combo of Unsecret-No Mercy & Wolfmother think it works well.

I like Star Wars too, fuck...

Is it just me who quite likes our pre match run out stuff? Combo of Unsecret-No Mercy & Wolfmother think it works well.

I like Star Wars too, fuck...

If I'm being honest, it's a slight improvement on when we used to run out to Kasabian.

My Star Wars comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but I really can't stand Kasabian, and they really do have a wanker following.

Before my time, but I'd gladly take it over the fucking shite we run out to today.

I'd even gladly revert back to the Star Wars theme, despite the fact that Star Wars is only liked by wankers.
People have started clapping along to the current shite. Cringeworthy, along with clapping the attendance figure.

People have started clapping along to the current shite. Cringeworthy, along with clapping the attendance figure.

I know, I despair.

The attendance thing especially. I've rarely ever witnessed supporters of any club outside of Sheffield make such a big deal over crowd figures.
I know the Pigs are the worst for it by far, but we aren't much better in that regard.

Nothing cringeworthy, about Yorkshire’s national anthem.
It’s for proud Yorkshiremen, it’s not just for the Dirty’s.
I always enjoy a good chant of Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire, as well, especially against Forest.
Nothing cringeworthy about the anthem, just the use of it by a team that has no close connection to the area as opposed to those who have.
No doubt Ilkley Town and Guiseley FC could happily use it.

I like the current Wolfmother one.
It's OK but I'm surprised its had such a long run. The speakers on the Kop are sounding really ropey these days so it doesn't matter what they play, it will sound pretty underwhelming until they get some TLC. Having said that... have we ever come out to the intro of Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me? That would work a treat!

It's OK but I'm surprised its had such a long run. The speakers on the Kop are sounding really ropey these days so it doesn't matter what they play, it will sound pretty underwhelming until they get some TLC. Having said that... have we ever come out to the intro of Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me? That would work a treat!
As much as I hate 80s hair metal I’d concede that would work very well, far better than the current shite anyway.

I am proud of it , just as I am proud to be British, but I would not expect the national anthem to be played as the team runs out !!
No one’s suggesting playing it now, you dipstick.Just the fact that it’s not cringeworthy to acknowledge it’s Yorkshire’s anthem, and as such,doesn’t belong to Leeds.

No one’s suggesting playing it now, you dipstick.Just the fact that it’s not cringeworthy to acknowledge it’s Yorkshire’s anthem, and as such,doesn’t belong to Leeds.
A rather wide interpretation of the earlier posts ! You must have a very active imagination.

It certainly doesn’t belong to Leeds. Indeed, Ilkley is actually in Bradford…although I suspect that the majority of Ilkley residents are loath to acknowledge that uncomfortable fact.

Lets go with this with the words, Rumptie dumptie dumpie doo, rumptie dumptie da da.........

Back
Top Bottom