Andre Ayew

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Based on his pedigree and experience/age if this is a move the wage structure for him if more than 1 year needs a relegation clause but if a 1 year deal needs to be around the amount that we were offering Billy as he is more on the mature end of the spectrum. Looking at his Swansea deal a few years ago it was rumoured he was on £83,000 a week which is far too much based on the squad balance although he did manage approx 1 in 3 goals per games for them in his 2nd spell. Being 33 he could be injury prone and definitely not got time on his side, if anything it will be wages that become a sticking point on this one. Not in a negative way more as in squad balance, we can't be seen to be paying him multi millions a year and academy standard wages for Osula and Jebbo

Based on his pedigree and experience/age if this is a move the wage structure for him if more than 1 year needs a relegation clause but if a 1 year deal needs to be around the amount that we were offering Billy as he is more on the mature end of the spectrum. Looking at his Swansea deal a few years ago it was rumoured he was on £83,000 a week which is far too much based on the squad balance although he did manage approx 1 in 3 goals per games for them in his 2nd spell. Being 33 he could be injury prone and definitely not got time on his side, if anything it will be wages that become a sticking point on this one. Not in a negative way more as in squad balance, we can't be seen to be paying him multi millions a year and academy standard wages for Osula and Jebbo

I'd still take him if the deal was heavily weighted in our favour.

Whose word was that? I don’t remember seeing anyone saying that.

Happy to be wrong, as always.
it was one of the 3 itk that were posting on here that said thomas used our last available loan spot but that hecky was still pressing to bring another striker in but the prince had said no

How do you know when they are back in training?
Brewster’s been back in training since we bought him. New it was a mistake when he got an Uber ambulance from ‘t station to BDTBL. Can’t ever see him pulling on a shirt in anger, hope I’m wrong and he comes back one day. We should hire Swanseas conditioning staff, they had Brewster and McB playing and not on the treatment table.

We aren't seeing Brewster or Jebbison anytime soon (neither are good enough anyway). Get Ayew on a deal until Jan.
Ayew signed till new year with a view to extend would in my opinion be a good signing.
As for rubbishing Brewster& Jebbison is not necessary two young players one having terrible luck with injuries and one learning his roll as a centre forward with massive potential.
Some posters on here are either coaches or talking rubbish which is most likely ?

well with us being linked to ayew certainly tells me hecky thinks were a striker short on a short term contract ayew could be a useful aquisition

Rumours not going away of interest, Peter O'Rourke saying we're seriously considering an approach, I suspect if there's interest we will have already made contact. He's away with Ghana now anyway.

As always with players of this age it’s all about their mental attitude.
Over the years, there’s been some older players who come for one last payday, Dean Hammond, Phil Thompson, Ian Rush, who were crap and others who made a really positive impact, Paul McGrath, Dean Saunders, Gary Speed and Stuart McAll.
Whatever, I think we are still desperately short of cover up front and need someone of his experience, I trust Hecky and McAll to have enough contacts in the game to obtain the insight into his character to see which category Ayew is likely to fall.

One things for sure, if we have to rely on Osula, Jebbison or Traore for any period of time, we’ll likely be back in the Championship

Last edited:
Rumours not going away of interest, Peter O'Rourke saying we're seriously considering an approach, I suspect if there's interest we will have already made contact. He's away with Ghana now anyway.

Would he also be away for the African Football Jamboree ? if yes thats a negative for signing him.

Would he also be away for the African Football Jamboree ? if yes thats a negative for signing him.
Yeah, in fact he's going to equal a record of appearing in 8 African cup of nations. He's still Ghana's captain.

Plenty of teams will lose players, if we had more choice we could be fussier.

Anyway, remains to be seen if he signs/we're actually interested.

I do think it sounds a sensible signing though. He'd teach the kids a lot too, having lost Billy and DidZy recently - McBurnie is our eldest attacker(?).

We should be after Ayew all day

We cuurently have two senior strikers in Archer/McSauce

Traore & Osula should not be starting prem games

it was one of the 3 itk that were posting on here that said thomas used our last available loan spot but that hecky was still pressing to bring another striker in but the prince had said no

My understanding of the situation is Hecky wanted to bring in another attacker on deadline day (there was at least one lined up) but PA wouldn't sanction it.

The rationale being, give Jebbo some game time and his value will go up allowing us to get more money for him if he goes in January.

Which is why I don't see any legs in this Ayew link.

My understanding of the situation is Hecky wanted to bring in another attacker on deadline day (there was at least one lined up) but PA wouldn't sanction it.

The rationale being, give Jebbo some game time and his value will go up allowing us to get more money for him if he goes in January.

Which is why I don't see any legs in this Ayew link.
Jebbison value will never go up whilst he's unavailable most of the time.

El Accounto said we were in discussions' with a striker on deadline day, but could not get it over the line, that striker did not go anywhere else. Correct me if i am wrong, McAtee does not qualify as a full loan as he is still 21. We still have one space in our 25. Remember, Hecky said he would not be averse to leaving any one out of the 25!!!!

Could well imagine, just like Lingard, that he has a massively overinflated view of what his salary should be when you consider his potential contribution.

Lingard will still think he can touch 100k per week, despite having no impact whatsoever in the league for Forest; no goals and no assists.

As for Ayew, in 13 appearances, only one as a starter, he managed one booking
As his only notable contribution.

It sounds like Osula picked up a knock so hopefully someone would be back for soon. Would it be too much to ask of Brewster to be fit for a full season?

It's amazing how any striker thread here turns into unfunny injury/shite jokes about what we have here already

Well, the deadline to register our 25 man squad is tomorrow, so presumably he would need to be signed before the end of tomorrow?

Well, the deadline to register our 25 man squad is tomorrow, so presumably he would need to be signed before the end of tomorrow?
I am not 100% sure but if we only name 23 we can add to it later. So at the moment no point adding Osbourn, Fleck, Brewster, just wait and see if they ever get fit

Back
Top Bottom