CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I find it confusing when a new thread pops up, I open it, read something astonishing in the first post then realise the comment is dated 14th August 2007.
Mind you I am in my 50s so maybe it’s an age thing.
Only read them, I’ve even liked them. Last one I liked that far back was; “Moses parts the Red Sea, surely he had to be offside?.

Only read them, I’ve even liked them. Last one I liked that far back was; “Moses parts the Red Sea, surely he had to be offside?.
Saw a film with Moses parting things in it, also had a couple of naked ladies and so.............hang on, he wasn't called Moses at all...... just ignore that!

No real downsides to this deal tbh. Giving up control of the player on relegation but getting him in now is better than not getting him at all
Point is if we go down he doesn't want to play in the championship so we'd have to sell him. Yes we may get more than what's been agreed in this deal but we can't have everything.

View attachment 169049
Chill out pal and have some time off this section of the forum 😋🚀😉
Can't understand some of the vitriol posted by others, no-one is saying you have to believe anything that's said by anybody on these boards, but what I am absolutely convinced of is, its a damn site better than waiting for the Green un or a spot nestled in between pig stories in the Star weds rag to get any info.

Point is if we go down he doesn't want to play in the championship so we'd have to sell him. Yes we may get more than what's been agreed in this deal but we can't have everything.
Also seems very unlikely we'll be paying much this first 12 mths so doesn't hurt that way

If Davis hadn’t played that 1 decent game against us no one would be mentioning him.

There’s a reason he’s only costing £1m and going to Hull
I think the way that Davis plays, for a club like ourselves £1M would be a bargain for him

As long as he’s not the main striker and coming in to get minutes and see out games, disrupt teams, that’s a decent price to be fair (in relative terms)

Something lacking against Palace and Forest was that option from the bench. Under wilder something we always had was a big lad off the bench, either Madine, the lad from Bradford or to an extent McBurnie, when Mousse was in his peak period

I think the way that Davis plays, for a club like ourselves £1M would be a bargain for him

As long as he’s not the main striker and coming in to get minutes and see out games, disrupt teams, that’s a decent price to be fair (in relative terms)

Something lacking against Palace and Forest was that option from the bench. Under wilder something we always had was a big lad off the bench, either Madine, the lad from Bradford or to an extent McBurnie, when Mousse was in his peak period
To be honest for a million quid I'd be happy if we took a punt. If he stayed fit and wasn't on big wages he's a big lad similar to akpom and origi. Maybe without the goals but could do a job at that price for sure.

No, you are definitely correct

Wow
1st time for everything!
Appreciated- didn’t realise they supplied so many clubs - I’d thought / assumed it was just because of the local / ‘fan’ connections.
I (also) seem to recollect that ‘Mr’ Barrington had some (murky) involvement / dealings with the club - board member or some such

To be honest for a million quid I'd be happy if we took a punt. If he stayed fit and wasn't on big wages he's a big lad similar to akpom and origi. Maybe without the goals but could do a job at that price for sure.
It’s a squad game in the premier league and against Forest they used their subs well when we had a bench of youngsters and the starting 11 were cramping up all over the place.

We walked away from that game with zero points when we really should’ve had one.

So if true and we go down, which lets face it, is the most likely option, we're in the same position again in 12 months time of needing a striker. Except this time we'll have another 3 out of contract (Jebbison, McBurnie & Osula), so we'll need 3 strikers - assuming they won't sign which isn't looking very likely at the moment.

We really are the masters of kicking the can down the road for another 12 months and putting ourselves in a weaker and weaker position.
We really are the masters of finding something negative to say in every situation, miserable fuckers some of us.

I think the truth is that retired people (like myself) are just slowing down. An email that took my 5 minutes to write at work, now takes me over half an hour. Throw in those frequent (& embarrassing occasions) where I find myself sat at my desk in front of my PC having fallen asleep sat upright - how is that even possible? So my days are full and feel busy; but I think a management time & study inspector would fire me within a couple of hours! But can't complain. I still have the mobility to easily get to my seat at The Lane, the eyesight to know if we've won a corner, and the intelligence to know we won't beat Man City this w/e! UTB.
Just a warning, only use Shoutbox on match day if you are wearing body armour and a good helmet, full PPE required.

So if true and we go down, which lets face it, is the most likely option, we're in the same position again in 12 months time of needing a striker. Except this time we'll have another 3 out of contract (Jebbison, McBurnie & Osula), so we'll need 3 strikers - assuming they won't sign which isn't looking very likely at the moment.

We really are the masters of kicking the can down the road for another 12 months and putting ourselves in a weaker and weaker position.
That's the spirit

Wonder what the buyback is on Sheff Utd staying up?
Surely would be at least £30 million...maybe more.......that's what we'd need to buy decent quality replacement that has a chance in the PL.

Think this is one of them rare deals.....where everyone is a winner....
Sheff Utd are laughing .....Villa are laughing and the player is laughing.....the advantages far outweigh possible disadvantages for all 3 parties.
Aye
Couldn’t we buy Archer for > the buy back price they paid us (your mooted £30m) 🤔

I’m excited by this. I thought Archer was brilliant at the Lane last season. Exactly the sort of forward we are lacking.
I am a life long Villa fan and spend a fair bit of time talking to Villa fans and on fourms. I don't know one Villa fan that is happy he is leaving, we all wanted him to stay and play in our first team this season. The buyback eases the pain but you guys are getting an incredible player. I hope he is a massive success for you as he is a great kid and deserves his chance in the PL

Just a warning, only use Shoutbox on match day if you are wearing body armour and a good helmet, full PPE required.
Better still, don’t bother using it. I have just twice in all the years I’ve been on here & felt soiled for days afterwards, with a lingering feeling that my IQ had irreparably diminished.

I am a life long Villa fan and spend a fair bit of time talking to Villa fans and on fourms. I don't know one Villa fan that is happy he is leaving, we all wanted him to stay and play in our first team this season. The buyback eases the pain but you guys are getting an incredible player. I hope he is a massive success for you as he is a great kid and deserves his chance in the PL
welcome-to-jazz-club-fast-show.gif

I had a quick look and didn't see that. Sorry, if that's the case. I also have to say that some folk don't encourage older folk like me from making contributions on here. I'm excited by this prospect and just thought some of this information might be new to some people.
Tell them to fuck the fuck off! It worked for me. Now look at me - 'Poster's Poster of the Year' for the last 6 years running. 😉

Back
Top Bottom