CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How many people on this thread know absolutely nothing ?

I would hazard a guess that all of them, including the ones who are hazarding a guess!
I know that I know nothing. This makes me more in the know than most.

Archer has a similar profile yet a better player than Brewster when we paid £23m for him. If I was Villa I’d be holding out for a decent fee who ever takes him.

I think a difference with Archer, is that he seems tactically quite on it for a young player. He led the line so well for Boro against us last year, kept the ball, linked play up, great runs. It just felt that Brewster had been coached how to strike the ball all his life, rather than how to actually play centre-forward, he was just so lost, he couldn't even get into a position to miss chances.

I heard a rumour that he had replapsed in his recovery, hope thats just all bollocks. But wouldn't be surprised if it was correct. Can see him being like another JOC

Well, he was back in training, and then suddenly he's disappeared off the face of the earth, hasn't been seen in any training pics, and hasn't got a shot at being fit for Friday. Reading between the lines doesn't suggest good news.

Brewster has been training with Billy for the past few years and didnt seem to have learned how to lead the line, hold the ball up, win free kicks or get into good scoring positions. Hope he proves me wrong when he returns to fitness but I'm not confident he will come good in the way we really need.

H
Brewster has been training with Billy for the past few years and didnt seem to have learned how to lead the line, hold the ball up, win free kicks or get into good scoring positions. Hope he proves me wrong when he returns to fitness but I'm not confident he will come good in the way we really need.
He's basically had the best teacher he could possibly wish for, I'm hoping some of it must have rubbed off but not holding my breath

Nail on head !

Missed a trick ?
You should read the biggest thread ever on here full of angry desperate blades begging the club to sign him no matter the price
Yeah I remember it well enough. Was just making a snarky comment based on hindsight.

Personally I just can't get that excited about any potential signing Archer's age again with Brewster's Swansea showreel in the back of my mind.

The other thing that gave me Brewster flashbacks was Hecky's comment on being delighted to get Souza on a permanent because he thought it would only be a loan - almost word for word what Wilder said about RB

Back
Top Bottom