CONFIRMED Gustavo Hamer signs from Coventry City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Delighted with this signing forget the big Swede this guy was Coventry's stand out player without a doubt. I think he could be our new Michael Brown he does seem to have a bit of everything whereas Berge had weak areas to his game that said Berge was class but this guy more than makes an adequate replacement. I like the look of the Trusty fellow too he was the standout player for Birmingham last season. File these two in the "had a great game against us so we bought them" bin,
I have heavily criticised the Prince over the last week maybe I was harsh but I do wish United would bring in players before letting our players leave at the last minute, we have probably lost a month while the new guys integrate which ideally should happen in pre season.

Unreal signing. Doesn’t just level us back to what we’ve lost but gives us loads more. Massive improvement on the squad. 2/3 more incomings and we have a strong starting 11.

UTB!!!

As much as we are crying out for a number 10 next season, we are absolutely in need of a right footer in there - and we could do a lot worse than Coventry’s Gustavo Hamer.
Really talented lad, lovely ball player with a bit of that Dutch aggression to his game. Can get up and down the pitch and isn’t shy of a few goals.

What an inspired OP from two and a half years ago.

Hats off to you, @Chauddy G

Well this is exciting isn't it?!

I hadn't realised what a "ratty" player he was. Just as many tackles as great touches and passes.

Can't imagine too many midfields will enjoy playing against him and Souza. Opposition might need to invest in some proper shin pads as opposed to those fag-packet sized things that seem to be the vogue.

Can he play today? my guy says no but maybe they registered him early, i don’t know..

Hope he can! 🤞🤞

Full credit to Hecky on this one. Many a manager would have walked had two of their best players were sold days prior to a new season starting, pulling the rug from under his feet (although I fully understand the reasons) and with pressure from the media and pundits over this last couple of weeks it couldn’t have been easy for him and very disappointing and frustrating for him. However, his management skills by remaining focused at all times shows what a top bloke he is. I think we’re lucky to have him at the helm.
I’m gonna say well done PA, I’ve got a feeling like with the ownership battle and Dozzy this guy plays a long shrewd game. Think Hecky knows more than he lets on and sold the Prince a plan (probably not involving Ndiaye stabbing him in the front with an unacceptable late decision) and that plan is coming good. If Archer and or Doyle comes in with Hamer, Slimane, Souza, Treore, Trusty we will be a more rounded team. Point is PA backed Hecky like he backed Wilder.

Love the way Hamer talks in the “we? not the “I”.

Feel it in my gut, Hamer will be covered by big clubs within 2 seasons. We need to transition from a stepping stone club to a destination club in those 2 seasons to hang onto players like this who have talent and youth. Who knows, one day we might move for Ndiaye.

Bedwetters, begin to believe we have a chance now. Well done Hecky, to form a new exciting midfield in zero time. Did you see Berge tonight? Completely out of his depth, went into invisible mode, then got subbed......Great sale for us.
Let’s not pretend that there isn’t still a lot of work to do. This is an incredible signing but overall the side and squad is still weaker so needs further players of this standard to be brought in.
A great start is all it is at this point. We secured one of the Championships best defenders and now the leagues best midfielder.
Doyle/Mcatee still need to be replaced and the obviously huge Ndiaye shaped hole up top.
Get to work boys, the jobs not done yet.

Last edited:
Great signing and looking forward to seeing him in our RAWW! In terms of playing today, may have to wait until 14:00hrs team announced. Keeps the added suspense for our opponents and us fans......

I still believe that there is a second player in the pre announcement video. I'll continue to believe it, in the same way as those who believe the grainy photos are of the Loch Ness Monster.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230811-234953_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20230811-234953_X.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 64

Omg what a lovely guy, you can feel his luv for cov, we all know how it feels losing your star player, delighted to have him here, he’s gonna love it as much as we’re gonna luv him!
It’s taken me 71 years to realise I might be gay

He said he went to Manchester for medical, so medical wasn’t at Shircliffe last night?

Maybe………
Yes mate. Looks like we were all duped on that one.

One day this lad will be so big top clubs will go bare knuckle to get him off us. How did we pull this off ffs?

Maybe we are a much bigger draw than a lot of our fans seem to think we are.

Maybe there was a plan all along should we lose Ndiaye, and despite all of the financial issues we have, to actually make a fist of it and we are starting to see those players come in.

Maybe the board aren't quite as hopeless as seemed to be the case and PH is more in control of things that it first appeared.

Still work to do, and it is frustrating that we couldn't get deals done earlier but it looks like things are starting to fall into place now.

UTB

This has the makings of a great signing.

At last something to crow about. I am not sniffling in my Coco pops this morning. :)

HH

Maybe we are a much bigger draw than a lot of our fans seem to think we are.

Maybe there was a plan all along should we lose Ndiaye, and despite all of the financial issues we have, to actually make a fist of it and we are starting to see those players come in.

Maybe the board aren't quite as hopeless as seemed to be the case and PH is more in control of things that it first appeared.

Still work to do, and it is frustrating that we couldn't get deals done earlier but it looks like things are starting to fall into place now.

UTB
Totally agree, I think HRH / Hecky Thump partnership is tighter than people think or are lead to believe.

As for getting deals done earlier, we are who we are at the moment and have to eat crumbs off the big clubs table. Yes a pull because we are PL but if we pull this off and stay up we will be much more attractive. Got to move from a career stepping stone club to a career destination club, then, we can dictate deals sooner.

I’m gonna say well done PA, I’ve got a feeling like with the ownership battle and Dozzy this guy plays a long shrewd game. Think Hecky knows more than he lets on and sold the Prince a plan (probably not involving Ndiaye stabbing him in the front with an unacceptable late decision) and that plan is coming good. If Archer and or Doyle comes in with Hamer, Slimane, Souza, Treore, Trusty we will be a more rounded team. Point is PA backed Hecky like he backed Wilder.

Love the way Hamer talks in the “we? not the “I”.

Feel it in my gut, Hamer will be covered by big clubs within 2 seasons. We need to transition from a stepping stone club to a destination club in those 2 seasons to hang onto players like this who have talent and youth. Who knows, one day we might move for Ndiaye.
Was he being tongue in cheek say we were massive?

Had to go to Manchester for a medical!
Fkn typical, I can never get a quick doctor's appointment over in Sheffield either.....😉
Our relationship with City is developing at some rate - they’re now doing our medical for us!

Even if he could play, and I don't think he can, do you really think he would given he's probably not even met his new teammates yet and not had a single training session?

Back
Top Bottom