Blades Crest Referendum

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Should We Modify The Current Badge?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Our badge is in my opinion one of the finest in the land, and if any attempt was made to radically change it beyond recognition, I'd be in the fucking car park with shoes off and a molotov cocktail in hand in a heartbeat.

However

I wouldn't mind making a little tweak to make it more impactful looking on the actual shirt. This is not to say I wouldn't keep the current badge for use on every other bit of media, just the shirt really.

Personally, I'd do away with the lettering and the round bit on the edge and make it a bit more minimalist. If my proposal gains favour, maybe we could put it to the club?

Summat like this, or summat to that effect? Here's a poll for you to take.

images.png

Quite a few clubs have consulted with fans recently about making modifications to their crest, and many changes have been welcomed.

Given that we've had the current design since 1978, would you welcome such a change?

Our badge is in my opinion one of the finest in the land, and if any attempt was made to radically change it beyond recognition, I'd be in the fucking car park with shoes off and a molotov cocktail in hand in a heartbeat.

However

I wouldn't mind making a little tweak to make it more impactful looking on the actual shirt. This is not to say I wouldn't keep the current badge for use on every other bit of media, just the shirt really.

Personally, I'd do away with the lettering and the round bit on the edge and make it a bit more minimalist. If my proposal gains favour, maybe we could put it to the club?

Summat like this, or summat to that effect? Here's a poll for you to take.

View attachment 162494

Quite a few clubs have consulted with fans recently about making modifications to their crest, and many changes have been welcomed.

Given that we've had the current design since 1978, would you welcome such a change?

They've already changed the badge, but they have to do it slowly to prevent fan shock, pissed pants and carpark mayhem. It's been creeping into blades branding over the last 3 years.

200w (1).gif

• Banned
They've already changed the badge, but they have to do it slowly to prevent fan shock, pissed pants and carpark mayhem. It's been creeping into blades branding over the last 3 years.

View attachment 162495

Yes I know, and it's fucking hideous.

Any omission of the Yorkshire Rose is entirely unforgivable.

Oh hell no! It's the best badge, it's perfect, it's timeless. Brentford updated their badge recently and ended up with a crap copy of ours.
Only thing I find acceptable is when we change to a single colour stencil version on the away kit to match whatever colour scheme we have.

We've got the best badge in the country.

Oh hell no! It's the best badge, it's perfect, it's timeless. Brentford updated their badge recently and ended up with a crap copy of ours.
Only thing I find acceptable is when we change to a single colour stencil version on the away kit to match whatever colour scheme we have.

Agreed.

Us, Charlton (similar to ours) and dare I say it, Forest, have the best.

I agree with you all, it's just the bit round the edge that I'd like to remove, so that the Blades and rose take centre stage.

I voted no but without conviction

Change is always inevitable but it should be for good reason. So it would take a good design alternative to justify it. I like the one in the O/P but I don't think its worth changing for

When man city updated their badge they put the Lancashire rose ON it. 🤝

They just reverted to their old badge, which is much better than that stupid eagle/phoenix/whatever looking thing they had in the late 90's and mid 2000's.

We certainly were, but with so many clubs copy and pasting the round badge design these days, we no longer stand out.
I just want a bit more distinctiveness that's all.
But there’s a reason these clubs opted for a rounded crest - it looks class. Just because others have copied doesn’t me change ours. I cannot think of a single way to improve ours.

I‘m not against change for the odd shirt. Third shirt maybe. But the official crest should never change. Ever. In my opinion.

Wellllll it looks like my suggestion has gone down like a sack of shit, if current figures are anything to go by.

All that's left is for me to retire to bed, close the curtains, and weep bitter tears over every life decision that I've ever made.

🎶 Hello darkness my old friend 🎶

They just reverted to their old badge, which is much better than that stupid eagle/phoenix/whatever looking thing they had in the late 90's and mid 2000's.
Golden eagle as the eagle is a heraldic symbol of Manchester. For what it's worth, there's a lion on Sheffield's coat of arms for the same purpose.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 11.50.15.png
I think removing the text and the circle altogether could work, similar to this on the 90s shirt but obviously way better quality. I've seen a couple of mockups with just the crossed swords but I think the yorkshire rose definitly needs to be in there.

Trouble is Errea struggle with a simple circular badge so god knows how they;d get on with anything more complex

Back
Top Bottom