Official Retro Shirts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good point. Hadn’t thought of that. The navy one also features Umbro logos on the sleeve taping. Meaning both those won’t look as good reproduction wise.
The Avec one they've made has a similar issue as the original had the A logo on the sleeves and back, which is omitted from this remake. The remakes of the England italia 90 shirt just replaces the umbro detailing with similar lines, just not in diamonds. So it's possible some of Uniteds umbro ones could be done in future but theyll never look as good.

I have one of each.

Returning the away one for an exchange. It came bagged up but the badge is so off-centre to the middle stripe it looks awful, so swapping it. The collar/necks on the away shirt are extremely tight, so unless you have a pinhead you're going to struggle to get your head through. Women at the counter said a bloke had already returned his as he got his head stuck!

The sizing seems way off. I have M in the home and L in the away and both fit the same.

The Avec one they've made has a similar issue as the original had the A logo on the sleeves and back, which is omitted from this remake. The remakes of the England italia 90 shirt just replaces the umbro detailing with similar lines, just not in diamonds. So it's possible some of Uniteds umbro ones could be done in future but theyll never look as good.
Yes missed that also! Makes them nowhere near as good. The England ones I have noticed the sleeve detailing and it just looks poor and is an instant give away as a non-original when you see someone wearing it. Only an issue for a shirt geek I suppose.

Funnily enough the long sleeve version of the 96 original didn’t have the AVEC logos. They must have used the same printed fabric as used on the main part of the shirt.

903A1D6E-62F5-454F-A343-127A674D49FB.jpeg

I have one of each.

Returning the away one for an exchange. It came bagged up but the badge is so off-centre to the middle stripe it looks awful, so swapping it. The collar/necks on the away shirt are extremely tight, so unless you have a pinhead you're going to struggle to get your head through. Women at the counter said a bloke had already returned his as he got his head stuck!

The sizing seems way off. I have M in the home and L in the away and both fit the same.
Good to know this, living overseas. I got the away one made by Sheffield Retro. Having been born in 1976 I don't fully recall the original being worn. It seems a nice reproductive effort though the collar seems quite wide (the opposite of what you are mentioning) and the Blades badges running down the stripes are a little blurred; I don't know if they were sharp in the original.

But glad you mentioned this. I may just stick with what I have. Can't really afford to be messing with the sending back if the neck is tiny. Shame as it does seem the detail may be better in places but this is being overridden by the cut.

Good to know this, living overseas. I got the away one made by Sheffield Retro. Having been born in 1976 I don't fully recall the original being worn. It seems a nice reproductive effort though the collar seems quite wide (the opposite of what you are mentioning) and the Blades badges running down the stripes are a little blurred; I don't know if they were sharp in the original.

But glad you mentioned this. I may just stick with what I have. Can't really afford to be messing with the sending back if the neck is tiny. Shame as it does seem the detail may be better in places but this is being overridden by the cut.
Just to mention, as someone who ordered from overseas (not that bloody far either, only Rep. Of Ireland!), I got crucified for custom charges!

I should have looked closer, but there is no mention about this when ordering and you only see it if you click on the 'Delivery' tab and read the full details and fine print!!!

"Buyer beware" and all that, a costly mistake on my part!

I have one of each.

The one I have is exactly the same - is the one you swapped if for more in the centre?

Just to mention, as someone who ordered from overseas (not that bloody far either, only Rep. Of Ireland!), I got crucified for custom charges!

I should have looked closer, but there is no mention about this when ordering and you only see it if you click on the 'Delivery' tab and read the full details and fine print!!!

"Buyer beware" and all that, a costly mistake on my part!
Yep. As someone else who lives abroad this can catch you out very easily. Well done Brexiteers.

Beauty. Nice, clean design.
Sponsor isn't imposing.
Everything in the right place.
Nice neckline.
Looks a nice fit too.
Aye
Although I reckon owt would be a ‘nice fit’ if you’re an Adonis like ‘’im 🤔

NB not:-
1655660698405.jpeg

Apologies for dog bothers kit - couldn’t find ‘I’m
in a Blades jersey

I have one of each.

I ordered both medium and large and large is still way too tight, also both badges are exactly the same as yours - off center. Sending both back

I ordered both medium and large and large is still way too tight, also both badges are exactly the same as yours - off center. Sending both back
I exchanged mine on Saturday no problem for one with a central badge. Although it took about 4 goes to find one

The one I have is exactly the same - is the one you swapped if for more in the centre?

Yep, I swapped the away shirt no problem, and the badge is bang centre. Staff were sound and let me look at a couple of shirts to make sure. Goes without saying, just leave your tags on and keep receipt - take it back and you should be fine.

i gota XXL and exchanged for a XXXL they really should have done 4XL and 5XL as there will be some bigger lads ( see beer bellys) that will struggle to fit in one but also they are retro in that they were a tight fit back in the 80s

Wasn't there supposed to be a second batch of away '89 and home '93 shirts? Scoredraw don't seem to have problems with other teams retro shirts been available and even available to buy on their website.

This pretty much confirms the 1993/95 dark blue away shirt won't feature as part of the retro range.

I would have thought the Umbro logo in the material of the shirt could simply be removed/ignored but obviously not.

Curious if there will be any more shirts in this range. Struggling to think of any that are both popular enough to sell and don't have copyright issues.

That purple range 🤩

The original shirt is arguably the one I want the most.

Back
Top Bottom