Favourite spontaneous Blades chants?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think that first started at Notts County away about 25 years ago. We had a free kick on the edge of their box and had two players stood over the ball, taking forever to decide what to do.
The crowd was silent in anticipation, when someone, obviously sick of waiting shouted ‘Go on then!’ much to everyone’s amusement. Within seconds everyone was chanting ‘Go on then’ and for every corner and free kick thereafter

I remember at the same match Utd fans were also singing ’You’re going down cos your shit’ but not surprisingly that didn’t catch on in quite the same way 😉
Easter Monday 1992. Warnock was managing Notts County.

🎶Cheer up David Pleat, Oh what can it mean,
To a Kerb Crawling Bastard and a Shit Football team”🎶

Heard toward the end of the Hooker bookers disastrous stint in charge of Wednesday
Was sang throughout Pleat's reign at Hillsborough, not just towards the end!

Way back in the day. Some tit decides to propose to his missus on the pitch at half time.

"Does she take it...does she take it...does she take it up the arse?!"

Ron Atkinson came to Bramall Lane as manager of Villa as soon as he appeared out the tunnel it sounded like everyone in the ground was chanting ‘Wanker, Wanker’ for about five minutes, never heard such heartfelt abuse, before or since 🤣

Lad with a pot on his wrist after the wall collapse at the Shay, some time in the 80's? Singing "I survived the wall, I survived the waaaaaaall". Next line was something about humpty dumpty that I don't remember.
Anyway lad next to him wrenched his arm in the air to celebrate with him and he went down on the deck in pain like he'd been stabbed and shot. This was at the back of the kop at the next home game.

I have a vague memory of an away match a few years ago when there was a stewardess who resembled Tina Turner. (I think?)

Some eagle eyed Blade spotted the likeness and much fun and merriment was had making light hearted fun of the situation. I can't remember how it started or what exactly happened?

I also remember the fella at Bury or was it Preston, I think, who was berated for having a hat on that was like a lampshade. More entertaining than the game.

Does anybody else remember that fella who was sitting alone on the other platform of the train station when we all piled on the platform to catch the train going in the other direction. Charlton I think. I can't quite remember what happened, but somehow we started singing to him and I believe he clapped and did a dance for our entertainment? What was that all about?

All very amusing.

HH

I have a vague memory of an away match a few years ago when there was a stewardess who resembled Tina Turner. (I think?)

Some eagle eyed Blade spotted the likeness and much fun and merriment was had making light hearted fun of the situation. I can't remember how it started or what exactly happened?

I also remember the fella at Bury or was it Preston, I think, who was berated for having a hat on that was like a lampshade. More entertaining than the game.

Does anybody else remember that fella who was sitting alone on the other platform of the train station when we all piled on the platform to catch the train going in the other direction. Charlton I think. I can't quite remember what happened, but somehow we started singing to him and I believe he clapped and did a dance for our entertainment? What was that all about?

All very amusing.

HH

Definitely Bury, and you're right, it was certainly more entertaining that the match. I don't think any of us watched more than about 5 minutes of the second half.

V Blackpool at BDTBL circa 1974

"You can stick your Blackpool Tower up your arse
You can stick your Blackpool Tower up your arse
You can stick your Blackpool Tower
You can stick your Blackpool Tower
Stick your Blackpool Tower up your arse

SIDEWAYS!"

And many times during games when the linos flag goes up

"Howay-oh-ay-oh-ay-oh-ay
Offside
Offside!"

pommpey

Chris Porter plays the guitar. Can't remember who against.

Chris Porter, he's got a guitar, he likes Alan Carr

"We don't give a fuck, we're going up" when Leeds equalised at Bramall Lane in 2006 when we'd already been promoted

The match vs Man City when a balloon scored the winner. "H" block started singing "Stand up if you own your ground" & the entire block stood up! Man City had sold their ground & were "renting" the City of Manchester stadium (later the Etihad). Didn't go down well with our "guests" from Manchester who occupied the entire Bramall Lane end, I think.

My favourite was one I spontaneously started myself on the last train into Sheffield in the mid-90s.
I was alone and a bit the worse for wear and urgently needed a piss so I sauntered down an empty carriage towards the toilets when I met 5 scumbags sat in the last seats just before the toilet.
As I passed them head down one of them lashed out at me with a kick and as I scarpered into the toilet another one followed up with a comment infering that I was in for a kicking when I emerged.

In the temporarily safety of the toilet my alcohol-addled brain reckoned on taking a 50-50 punt (absolute carnage vs chance of safety) with a song so as I came out of the toilet I roared at them aggressively "YOU FILL UP MY SENSES, LIKE A GALL.."

... There was a very brief silence whilst this new information was processed

... and then a loud roar whilst my new scumbag pals broke into "Na Na Na Na he's a Blade and ..."

(Or, thinking back all these years later, maybe I was so fuckin hard that they were Wednesdayites who shit themselves?? 🤔)

All very amusing.

HH
There was a steward at Orient a few years back who looked like Stevie Wonder. It was funny to start with but after twenty minutes the rendition of ''I just called to say I love you'' became annoying...

Spurs away 1990, they started singing their Yid chants, we responded with ''PLO, PLO'' and ''There's only one Yasser Arafat''
Presumably, all involved from both sets would be evicted, banned and fined in today's sterile world?

Back
Top Bottom