Flecks health

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ShropsBlade

Reaction score
I have noticed fleck will be available for selection again according to the management team and local journos.
Did they get to the bottom of what caused his collapse and him getting rushed to hospital last February ?

Sorry if this sounds a bit nosey or insensitive, but i am genuinely a bit nervous to see him out there again so soon.Hope all is well with him now,and he is going to be fine.

I have noticed fleck will be available for selection again according to the management team and local journos.
Did they get to the bottom of what caused his collapse and him getting rushed to hospital last February ?

Sorry if this sounds a bit nosey or insensitive, but i am genuinely a bit nervous to see him out there again so soon.Hope all is well with him now,and he is going to be fine.
Apparently all tests were clear this time

Look like a grand mal seizure ( epilepsy) at the time. Shouldn’t stop him playing

Gotta trust in the medical experts as hard as that is at times. I do worry that he may be ok but have that doubt in his mind holding him back, lets hope he get over it both physically and mentally.
There seems to be an element of doubt when it comes to our medical experts doesn’t there.

Issues with JOC
Was it Steven’s that was misdiagnosed last season and kept him out a lot longer than was needed..
Then I head PH mention something about sending Brewster I think it was last week for a second opinion

Really?? Epilepsy is a truly horrible condition
Apparently well enough to play. He might never have another one or he might have another one next week. Can’t take the lads career off him for what « might » happen. He also has to live a normal life.

Apparently well enough to play. He might never have another one or he might have another one next week. Can’t take the lads career off him for what « might » happen. He also has to live a normal life.

Of course, my ex has it. Can’t let it stop you living life however it’s always there in your mind knowing that it can happen at any time without sufficient warning. No need to take his career off him however if they think it’s epilepsy I’d expect he will have to surrender his driving license for a period

Anybody is speculating on another's health which seems a bit weird to me but they have come out and said whatever it is isn't linked to the jab.
I wasn’t speculating about the jab one bit by the way.I have had the vaccine myself and couldn’t care less if others decide to have it or not.

Of course, my ex has it. Can’t let it stop you living life however it’s always there in your mind knowing that it can happen at any time without sufficient warning. No need to take his career off him however if they think it’s epilepsy I’d expect he will have to surrender his driving license for a period

Aye, a relative of mine had an unusual form of epilepsy, he had to give up his Driver's Licence until it could be proved that his medication had his blackouts under control.

I wasn’t speculating about the jab one bit by the way.I have had the vaccine myself and couldn’t care less if others decide to have it or not.
I actually meant the epilepsy stuff. All we DO know from what they told the press it isn't thought to be jab related.

I know what you mean, I don't want to pry but would rather hear reassurance that all is OK. He's a family man after all and you want to prioritise his wellbeing first and foremost.

I am not a doctor but most causes of a seizure, if they aren't immediately obvious (like a head injury or electric shock) are never found. The doctors will have tried to eliminate causes (like a brain injury or tumour) but if this has never happened before (and we have no idea if it has or not) then all likelihood is that there's not much to do other than assess him and then wait and see if it ever happens again.

Anybody is speculating on another's health which seems a bit weird to me but they have come out and said whatever it is isn't linked to the jab.
Well, by cruel fate, it happened during a live match and it was pretty obvious he was having a seizure.

Really?? Epilepsy is a truly horrible condition
Plenty of athletes play with it in the states and I assume here. Only difference is that medical evaluations become public during the draft process over there whereas here players could choose to keep it private. For example Justin Fields was selected number 11 overall in the NFL draft last years and only fell that far because his epilepsy diagnosis became public in that draft process.

Matt Crooks of Boro is an epileptic. Got diagnosed when he was at Accrington. Didnt stop Rangers, Rotherham or Boro from signing him.

tbh I mean more in actual life..as much as I’d hate to have a seizure in a stadium full of people looking at me but with medics on hand however it doesn’t come close to the thought of having one in public with not a single person you see familiar with or worst still at the wheel of a car.

whenever my phone rang and it was a number I didn’t know I always expected the worse. Once had police call me saying she had hit a central reservation thankfully she was only crawling in traffic.

Plenty of athletes play with it in the states and I assume here. Only difference is that medical evaluations become public during the draft process over there whereas here players could choose to keep it private. For example Justin Fields was selected number 11 overall in the NFL draft last years and only fell that far because his epilepsy diagnosis became public in that draft process.

don’t think it really matters for athletes although not ideal. But I’m their personal lives it’s different

don’t think it really matters for athletes although not ideal. But I’m their personal lives it’s different
Yeah there’s plenty of things that it obviously restricts people from doing

Does not seem very sensible for Fleck to be heading the ball which creates a weakness for the team defending and a major risk
to his well being if nobody is sure how or when it may happen again.

If its a neurological he should not be playing until he has a full MRI and diagnosis.

Does not seem very sensible for Fleck to be heading the ball which creates a weakness for the team defending and a major risk
to his well being if nobody is sure how or when it may happen again.

If its a neurological he should not be playing until he has a full MRI and diagnosis.
Pretty sure he will have already had an MRI

Back
Top Bottom