What happens if promotion isn’t achieved?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we don't achieve promotion we should go again. Players out and players in, and definitely not the same as this pre-season, it was so disorganised and we only had a few pre-season games, so this time Sav will get to organise and bring in players he wants earlier than we did this time around.

We srill have the parachute money but we desperately need to bring in permanent signings. We lose 6 more players this summer.

What needs to happen: a large overhall of the squad, bring in 7-8 new players who plus some decent loans and a full pre-season

What I reckon will happen: 4/5 leave at the end of their contracts and maybe 5 new perm players come in and a couple of loans

We sell some of Wilder's big money players for as much as possible/ sell Ndiaye and Jebbison, probably get a new manager if the current one isn't happy with that situation and continue in the Championship until we exit out of either end.

The idiots on here will fight it out to the death in the car park on Cherry Street. Tickets are available on a first come first served basis.

What needs to happen: a large overhall of the squad, bring in 7-8 new players who plus some decent loans and a full pre-season

What I reckon will happen: 4/5 leave at the end of their contracts and maybe 5 new perm players come in and a couple of loans

Does it matter if the five new players don’t have perms? Five Terry Curran / John Gannons might be too much

Last edited:
We srill have the parachute money but we desperately need to bring in permanent signings. We lose 6 more players this summer.
Ermmmmm well we don’t really have the parachute money as we’ve taken a loan out against the future parachute payments, effectively meaning that when we get that last payment it services the loan.

So we’ve got this season and next I think and then we have to start selling (although we’re already selling) and releasing players

Did anyone genuinely think that we'd bounce straight back and get promoted?

If you did, how long have you been supporting this club?

You could have only started supporting us in 2019 and known we weren't bouncing back without a miracle this season. We were historically wank last season - only a late spurt of competence made it somewhat respectable. The fact we look somewhere on the way to decent and can score goals this season is something to be happy about.

Ermmmmm well we don’t really have the parachute money as we’ve taken a loan out against the future parachute payments, effectively meaning that when we get that last payment it services the loan.

So we’ve got this season and next I think and then we have to start selling (although we’re already selling) and releasing players
Was the loan for the full amount of all the future parachute payments? Hopefully not, but if so we should still have a fair bit left in the coffers after our summer flurry of loans and freebies

We'll start the next season with the same target as this one..

And up until the millionaire players start to worry then I wouldn't if I was you mate, because your worrying will change nothing that happens on the pitch, or off it in the boardroom for that matter.

Many blades didn't want the premiership in the first place, I certainly didn't enjoy VAR and all the play acting, conning the ref all the time, screaming when tackled..

As for saleable assets should we need to bridge any financial shortfalls, ignoring the obvious ones that could command a 6 figure fee we also have a couple of lads who will do a "Brooks" and move for decent money to the PL should we not get up in a couple of seasons.. Few performance based add ons as well should see us right like we always do.

We've done this for years when things didn't go our way (not often it ever goes our way, global pandemic when we get up, couldn't script it could you) , I'm surprised you've had to ask and were worried..

Been doing this for years haven't we.. And we've been up twice since the porkys last visit.. So it's not all doom n gloom..

Unless our starting 11 suddenly gets super powers, we probably won't go up. Not a big deal, as long as we make sure we are well prepared for next season, and that means having a competitive squad ready late July / early August, and not 2 months later.

This should be alright. 4-3-3.

Superman

Quicksilver Hulk Thing Flash

Batman Captain America Wolverine

Iron Man Hawkeye Falcon

We sell some of Wilder's big money players for as much as possible/ sell Ndiaye and Jebbison, probably get a new manager if the current one isn't happy with that situation and continue in the Championship until we exit out of either end.

And yet, there were plenty of "piss-the-leaguers, Berge is a Championship cheat code" types.

Lots of us who thought relegation was more likely, too, of course.

Back
Top Bottom