What the chuff is going on?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What will happen to Shirecliffe if new premises are developed at Lightwood or somewhere ?

Will it be sold, does the new development depend on it being sold, or will the club keep it and still use it for developing children

Has no one provided the answer on one of the many other threads about this matter?

I think my point is, regardless of whether we sign anyone or not, the Prince needs to be held account for the utter shitshow way we've gone about this transfer window and pre-season. Not to mention seemingly interviewing a number of not very good managers and then suddenly appointing Slav when everyone kicked off. If I remember rightly, SB said he wasn't even on the shortlist.

It all seems like a complete and utter amateurish mess.

I think my point is, regardless of whether we sign anyone or not, the Prince needs to be held account for the utter shitshow way we've gone about this transfer window and pre-season. Not to mention seemingly interviewing a number of not very good managers and then suddenly appointing Slav when everyone kicked off. If I remember rightly, SB said he wasn't even on the shortlist.

It all seems like a complete and utter amateurish mess.
Slav was excluded from the list of names and bizarrely appointed shortly afterwards. If we lost on Saturday and fail to sign anyone on Tuesday (apart from this guy we’ve got training with us) the owners with feel the wrath of the fans.

Wilder must be thinking “told you so”

Keep. Powder. Dry. Until. Window. Closes.

Don't waste your energy yet.
Surely the club should have been ready to hit the ground running. Bettis actually used that phrase in the summer.
Failure to do that has led to us being bottom of the league and now, not surprisingly, finding it much more difficult to even get loanings done.
Criticism of the preparation for this season is valid now and has been since pre-season.

It was all pissing the bed this and wouldn't want you in the trenches that after three or four games last season, too. Sometimes those people are onto something.

Bi-weekly rumours of Berge or Brewster putting in requests, but could be nonsense. Given the silence from the club it's hard to try and work out what is going on.
As the song goes 'Silence is golden'.....

The one annoyance is that in many ways we should have been in the ideal situation. It was clealry obvious we were down before anyone else last year so planning could and should have started early. Plus we have been protected to a large extent from the covid hit taken by the championship and other leagues so we should really have been at the front of the queue for our chosen targets. Opportunity missed is what it (sadly) looks like.

The rumours heard over the past week are, Berge has put in a transfer request after Odegaard signed for Arse, hoping they're still interested in him.
1/2 other/s showed interest in speaking to other clubs that may have shown an interest.
In advanced talks with man u over Dialli loan, the want certain promises on his involvement, and wages, player not sure, but needs to play football, would rather go to premiership side.
Olsen loan agreed with Roma but players thinks he can do better.
Club deciding whether to cash in on Jebbison or keep him.

Have I missed anything??

The rumours heard over the past week are, Berge has put in a transfer request after Odegaard signed for Arse, hoping they're still interested in him.
1/2 other/s showed interest in speaking to other clubs that may have shown an interest.
In advanced talks with man u over Dialli loan, the want certain promises on his involvement, and wages, player not sure, but needs to play football, would rather go to premiership side.

Have I missed anything??

🎶“Dialli? Dialla? I don’t knowwwww, will he sign for us? Fuck no!”

A few quick reminders:-

• The board stopped backing Wilder because he was spunking money down the drain
  • When Slav arrived he said that the squad was the best that he had ever inherited
  • It was widely reported that we had to sell before we bought and that only happened last week

Given the above, we shouldn't have been expecting an influx of players until Slav worked out whether the existing crop was any good, so the lack of activity doesn't necessarily signify that something is wrong behind the scenes as many seem to think. Funnily enough, the same people probably weren't expecting last year's squad to struggle so badly in the opening games but let's conveniently forget that......

Slav was excluded from the list of names and bizarrely appointed shortly afterwards. If we lost on Saturday and fail to sign anyone on Tuesday (apart from this guy we’ve got training with us) the owners with feel the wrath of the fans.

Wilder must be thinking “told you so”
Oh!
Am I the the only one that hasn't seen the
"list of names" then 🤔

A few quick reminders:-

• The board stopped backing Wilder because he was spunking money down the drain
  • When Slav arrived he said that the squad was the best that he had ever inherited
  • It was widely reported that we had to sell before we bought and that only happened last week

Given the above, we shouldn't have been expecting an influx of players until Slav worked out whether the existing crop was any good, so the lack of activity doesn't necessarily signify that something is wrong behind the scenes as many seem to think. Funnily enough, the same people probably weren't expecting last year's squad to struggle so badly in the opening games but let's conveniently forget that......
Perhaps Slav overstated the quality of the squad but he was hardly going to say "the squad is wank, and Wilder bought useless players" was he?!

Matty Longstaff, that's another.

Abdullah is having a knees up in the US so he hasn’t got time to mess about with trifling matters like a transfer window for his flagship club.

Have I missed anything??
The truth?

The silence is deafening at the moment. We have a 35 year old here that we're supposedly meant to be signing and yet despite being in Sheffield since the weekend, nothing. There's all kind of rumours of players up for sale or making transfer request and in terms of being linked with players there's next to nothing apart from one or two long shots.

I don't get it.

Our wages will be high for the division but that's partly what the parachute payments are for. Billy, McGoldrick, Moose, Bash, Osborn, Robinson, Freeman all drop off at the end of the season. There are no FFP issues as far as I'm aware as we've just come down.

We're going to make a loss, sure, but again that's what the the parachute payments and wage reductions are for. But, the Prince has stated that we've paid off most of the money for players we signed in the first year of the PL (instead of spreading them over 3 years as normal), so that money isn't necessarily taken up with transfers.

We need to move some players on but this is not going to happen with first team squaders unless we subsidise loans or transfers (Berge aside). We seem to be demanding remarkably high loan fees which I don't understand. Sure, for Lowe, fine. He's a fairly established Championship footballer. But the kids?

Whatever the case, the 'one in, one out' only makes sense if we have a full squad. We do not (as players left in summer). We need a first choice keeper regardless and we seem to be hoping that no one else bids for Olsen and he prefers to come here than stay in Rome or the often injured Randolph is deemed surplus to requirements. We need midfielders as a priority as well. And wide forwards. Regardless of sales.

The kicker here is that we're seemingly mostly chasing loans so it's not like we'd be making a long-term wage commitment or laying down a huge outlay.

We've been relegated since March and yet leaving everything to the last minute.

What an absolute mess.
🐷🐷🐷🐷

Back
Top Bottom