Thank you John Lundstram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He may have had a good few months last season but this season, well, I would pay for his bus fare out of here, and that's from a man on furlough for the last 12 months!
Even Brewster tried hard today! Wearing the blades shirt should mean somethjng all the time. Half hearted effort will not do. Good luck and good bye John.

Bet ya were begging him to sign a contract at the start of the year though weren’t you

Don't think anyone wanted him to sign it except Wilder.

If not for the fact that his form in the second half of last season was crap, for the fact that we put him on the pitch in the Premier League and offered him a new contract and he thought he could do better.

Apart from the last third or so of this season he applied himself very well. I understand the frustration at him this season, because he was fantastic for most of last season.

I’ll never understand the babies on here however who call him every name under the sun. And that one moron in particular who wished injury and death on him.

I’m not surprised he didn’t apply himself much on second thought.

I can't think of any words bad enough to describe Lundstram so I won't, all that is left is to say fuck off and then fuck off some more wankstain.

I’ve no interest in what he does next, PL or wherever. Just glad he’ll be out the door ASAP. Wasted place on the bench when a youngster could have been blooded on the first team match day atmosphere.

Apart from the last third or so of this season he applied himself very well. I understand the frustration at him this season, because he was fantastic for most of last season.

I’ll never understand the babies on here however who call him every name under the sun. And that one moron in particular who wished injury and death on him.

Fantastic?

First 3 seasons he was a decent back up but not one you'd want to rely on week in week out. First 3 months of The Premier League he was as good as anybody in the team. Tailed off to become average, carried the averageness into this season and finished it appallingly.

Massive shrug of a player outside those frankly weird 3 months last season. If he had signed a new deal we'd have needed to improve on him anyway even in The Championship.

Personally can't see why people give his 3 month purple patch more importance than the other 3 years where he offered very little. People seem to forget the outrage when he started at Bournemouth on the first day.

Last edited:
John Lundstram is bang average and the fact that he has played in the majority of our games in the two premier league seasons is really quite astonishing.If you also take into account the fact that he wouldn’t commit himself to the club in our second season it gets even more baffling and then you witness his abject performances and the fact he continually gets selected it becomes a complete mystery.
If you are not prepared to criticise the player,then we must challenge the managers decision to play him week in week out……oh,sorry he left by the back door and is not available.

'Last Season'. And which matches was he 'fantastic'?

He laid our other fucking suitcase full of bricks on for his goal versus Everton, was involved at Spurs, and a few other games where he actually hit the back of the net but ... 'fantastic'? Hardly.

And 'babies'? When you are suggesting it's acceptable he holds back 'this season' because of shit he's getting because he's playing shit?

pommpey

He laid our other fucking suitcase full of bricks on for his goal versus Everton, was involved at Spurs, and a few other games where he actually hit the back of the net but ... 'fantastic'? Hardly.

And 'babies'? When you are suggesting it's acceptable he holds back 'this season' because of shit he's getting because he's playing shit?

pommpey

Even playing shit, he wouldn't have got that much stick if he'd signed a contract when it was offered to him instead of fucking us about, at least he'd have shown some loyalty and gratitude, or just said no so we knew where we stood.

Even playing shit, he wouldn't have got that much stick if he'd signed a contract when it was offered to him instead of fucking us about, at least he'd have shown some loyalty and gratitude, or just said no so we knew where we stood.
It’s not even his contract for me, it’s the fact he clearly wasn’t trying in almost every game he’s played this season and it almost certainly rubbed off on the other players.

pommpey
You’re angry over him I get it, I can name any matches he was great in and you’d deny it, so it’s pointless me even trying. But I’d say he was surprisingly very good on the opening day, got us our first win the following game, great against Newton Heath, Spurs, Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool.

Remember he got pelters for simply not being Paul Coutts when he was suddenly thrown in in the 17/18 season. He’s actually had a lot of harsh stick.

Erm.. when did I say it was acceptable? His performances and attitude the last few months have been embarrassing. But some of the stick he’s had has been very personal and over the top, you’d think some grown ups would know better.

I supported him earlier in the season when some were getting on top but imho his attitude and approach for a good few months negates the highs of last season.

Sometimes it's how you handle the tough times that sets you apart which is why I can't help feeling a bit disappointed in Wilder.

There are players in this squad who I have much respect for and some of them haven't particularly performed that well this season but I'll take them any day over JL.

So long John. Don't come back. You and your lack of effort to the cause, won't be missed.

I'm guessing about 99% of footballers really don't care that much about the club they play for, it's just a job, but most of them at least know to put in the effort and show a modicum of passion, even when the chips are down

Sadly as soon as things went south JL decided he really couldn't be bothered with it, and showed what I can I'd call ambivalence to the club at best and disdain at worst, the very club that had put him in the position of getting a contract most people could only dream of. Yes other players were as bad, but none really displayed his laissez-faire attitude, and because of that it became obvious he'd become the focal point of the fans frustrations.

Glad to be rid had a few good games and scored a couple of goals in that purple patch that went to his head and that's it.

We can do better than him.

PS always hated him and never believed he was what we needed and could do soo much better.

Cya, hope the door hits you.

Let’s see where he is in a few years time.

Whoever he plays for next is getting a league one player..

Wouldn't put it beyond him to go where wilder is going, maybe why CW stayed on good terms with him and kept playing him..??

John Lundstram is bang average and the fact that he has played in the majority of our games in the two premier league seasons is really quite astonishing.If you also take into account the fact that he wouldn’t commit himself to the club in our second season it gets even more baffling and then you witness his abject performances and the fact he continually gets selected it becomes a complete mystery.
If you are not prepared to criticise the player,then we must challenge the managers decision to play him week in week out……oh,sorry he left by the back door and is not available.
This post is bang-on.

Lunny even went out of his way to get booked early in games with a totally unnecesary wild challenge ....... so he could justify ambling around for the rest of the game , AND STILL WASN'T TAKEN OFF !

Not taken off by a manager who'd previously always stated that he'd gladly drive away any player who was not committed to the Club & the cause.

Then he was picked again the following week !

All whilst refusing to sign an improved contract.

There was something VERY FUNNY (ODD) about the John Lundstam / CW affair.

It's unforgivable that he was allowed to take the piss out of the Club ...... we looked WEAK-MINDED ....and it must have affected the other players.

I’m actually more pissed off at Wilder than Lundstram.

JL clearly thought he was worth more than he was offered, we can debate about how much he’s worth all day but ultimately he felt like last season that if he was going to sit on the bench in the Premier League, he could do it for a club who were going to pay him an awful lot more money. Let’s be honest, he wasn’t wrong was he. If another club was going to take a chance on him at that level, they’d blow us out of the water in terms of wages. Regardless of what we think of him, there was a point last season where his stock would have been pretty high, in terms of another club willing to take a punt.

I’ve no doubt that his agent will have been in his ear about it too. Lundstram doesn’t really have any affiliation to the Blades so I’m not overly surprised that he’d have had his head turned.

Clearly the contract situation wasn’t getting resolved but Wilder decided to trust him. Fair enough, bit odd considering he bombed Duffy straight out but fair enough all the same. It wasn’t even like Lundstram wasn’t trying in the early part of the season, he just wasn’t fucking good enough like a lot of the team. I cannot for the life of me understand why Wilder didn’t drop him, the fact Lundstram has been allowed to toss it off for so long is down to Wilder. Continuing to play him without even questioning his commitment has basically given Lundstram free reign to fuck it off all season.

The worst thing about it is, Lundstram wants to be in the shop window to get the best deal and club possible. Can almost guarantee that if he’s have been dropped back in October, he might have got his shit together a bit more and actually been a worthwhile asset this season.

So basically, I don’t blame Lundstram for wanting a better deal at all. I don’t think he was worth all that much more but I can guarantee his agent has told him to stand his ground. Double edged sword at times for players. My biggest gripe is that he has tossed it off towards the end of this season and been a huge part of us going down with a whimper. Also, an honourable mention to Wilder for not having the balls to drop him despite acting like a complete prick to Mark Duffy in a similar situation.

I’m actually more pissed off at Wilder than Lundstram.

JL clearly thought he was worth more than he was offered, we can debate about how much he’s worth all day but ultimately he felt like last season that if he was going to sit on the bench in the Premier League, he could do it for a club who were going to pay him an awful lot more money. Let’s be honest, he wasn’t wrong was he. If another club was going to take a chance on him at that level, they’d blow us out of the water in terms of wages. Regardless of what we think of him, there was a point last season where his stock would have been pretty high, in terms of another club willing to take a punt.

I’ve no doubt that his agent will have been in his ear about it too. Lundstram doesn’t really have any affiliation to the Blades so I’m not overly surprised that he’d have had his head turned.

Clearly the contract situation wasn’t getting resolved but Wilder decided to trust him. Fair enough, bit odd considering he bombed Duffy straight out but fair enough all the same. It wasn’t even like Lundstram wasn’t trying in the early part of the season, he just wasn’t fucking good enough like a lot of the team. I cannot for the life of me understand why Wilder didn’t drop him, the fact Lundstram has been allowed to toss it off for so long is down to Wilder. Continuing to play him without even questioning his commitment has basically given Lundstram free reign to fuck it off all season.

The worst thing about it is, Lundstram wants to be in the shop window to get the best deal and club possible. Can almost guarantee that if he’s have been dropped back in October, he might have got his shit together a bit more and actually been a worthwhile asset this season.

So basically, I don’t blame Lundstram for wanting a better deal at all. I don’t think he was worth all that much more but I can guarantee his agent has told him to stand his ground. Double edged sword at times for players. My biggest gripe is that he has tossed it off towards the end of this season and been a huge part of us going down with a whimper. Also, an honourable mention to Wilder for not having the balls to drop him despite acting like a complete prick to Mark Duffy in a similar situation.

Absolutely spot on.

Back
Top Bottom