Len Badger

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My first game was his testimonial. RIP

Standing from left to right (Blades in bold). Tommy Hoyland, Dennis Woodhead, Harry Latham, Ronnie Starling (1935 FA Cup final captain), Johnny Fantham (talking to Quixall), Harold Brook, Mark Hooper, Albert Quixall, Joe Shaw, Harry Johnson, Tommy Sampy, Graham Shaw, Fred White and Colin Addison. Kneeling; Redfern Froggatt, Len Badger, Ken Mallender and Alan Birchenall
1621552038175.png

Len Badger what can I say.
I remember the first league game he played against Leyton Orient a night match I attended with my Dad I remember walking to Bridge Street to catch the bus thinking wow new young players had arrived and the headlines the next day said the same we won 2-0 and it’s a game that always stuck in my mind

well played Len RIP

Such a lovely bloke. I'm too young to have seen him play but he often walked past me when matches had finished on the South Stand and I could tell he was a lovely polite man. He told me he was heading to the bar for a drink. Enjoy the bar in the sky you United legend. I like to see his picture on the legends wall in the South Stand. RIP SIR

Standing from left to right (Blades in bold). Tommy Hoyland, Dennis Woodhead, Harry Latham, Ronnie Starling (1935 FA Cup final captain), Johnny Fantham (talking to Quixall), Harold Brook, Mark Hooper, Albert Quixall, Joe Shaw, Harry Johnson, Tommy Sampy, Graham Shaw, Fred White and Colin Addison. Kneeling; Redfern Froggatt, Len Badger, Ken Mallender and Alan Birchenall
View attachment 113353
Devastated. Seems almost like yesterday when in my mind I see that wonderful team and fantastic captain. Len. Badger
England may have missed you Len but you were the very best
Rest In Peace Len
Condolences to your loved ones

Rest in peace, to a man who was a wonderful player, great club ambassador and role model, a man who loved SUFC, and most importantly, a lovely caring family man.

Take care Len on your next journey. A true local hero. UTBs

Terrible news. Also too young to have seen him myself, but have of course heard many stories!

Coincidentally, I’m certain I saw walk past my house last week. Not sure if he lived locally, or it was just someone who looked like him. But my immediate thought was, “is that Len Badger?”.

Terrible news. Also too young to have seen him myself, but have of course heard many stories!

Coincidentally, I’m certain I saw walk past my house last week. Not sure if he lived locally, or it was just someone who looked like him. But my immediate thought was, “is that Len Badger?”.
Watched him play from the late sixties.
Saw him in later years at the Lane usually with Ted and around Dronfield. Always cheerful and approachable. A very good player and man.
RIP Sir Leonard

So sad another one of a great team who were the best i have seen at the Lane.Used to see Len regular at the Lane on match days until shut down .always willing to chat.The word legend is used a lot for undeserving guys but NOT in this case.So so sad I will always remember you mate God bless you.

I’m not old enough to have seen him play & never met him.
Len Badger - it’s one of those names though that is legend around the club. And from reading the moving tribute on the Blades website & the lovely things many people on here have said, it’s easy to understand why.
It’s clear the club meant so much to him & that he meant so much to the club & the fans.
RIP Blade’s Legend

Back
Top Bottom