Len Badger

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A few years before my time as a spectator but an absolute top bloke and someone who a friend sat with regularly at the Lane for many years and thought was as good a bloke as anyone of the ex players.

Great player and man , I was fortunate to have known Len from being lads from Attercliffe, as young men training at United and as a spectator watching him from the terraces in later years.
He was a truly gifted player and when linking up with Woody and TC it was a sight to behold, the best number 2 ever to wear the shirt in my 66 years of watching the Blades.
RIP Len a true legend.

I was sat near Len and Ted Hemsley the last time United played at Sheffield FC. It was lovely to see that they were still mates all these years.

My Dad once interviewed Half Man Half Biscuit. The band were famously Tranmere Rovers fans, and asked my Dad who he supported. When he said United, they told him how they'd been in London the previous week and that a cabbie had told them that Len Badger had been in his taxi a few days before. The band, the cabbie and my Dad all agreed that Badger was, to use Nigel's words 'England's finest uncapped Full Back'.

He was a good player and a nice person to talk to. He took over the Midland in Dronfield in 1982 and straightaway he and a group of builders did alterations to make the pub a lot better and then it was renamed The Old Sidings. My parents used to be a regular at Len's pub The Peacock in Barlow during the late 1980s and the early 1990s.
Photo below was at Hull in April 2019.

Badger.jpg

Tragic news, absolute top blade and one of our own. Great memories from my early days of going to the 3 sided Lane As a youngster
Met him a couple of times and was always gracious and down-to-earth
Typifies for me what us blades are all about
Such a lot of the great 70s side now playing in heaven.....
RIP Len........

Back
Top Bottom