Can you make money from running a club ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bennyand the Blades

Reaction score
You get a lot of people on here complaining about "where's money gone" but I would think investing money in a football club can be a very easy way to lose it.
.Yes I know there's the glory when your winning, but there's also a lot of stick when you aren't., and if your a supporter there must be times of great frustration too. but if you had the money to buy the club would you chance it
There are people on here that seem to know a lot about Business and the financial side of the game so I was also wondered what their thoughts were about the chances of running a football club and making a profit outside the top six .....

It varies from season to season but pre-Covid, most PL clubs either broke even or made a small profit. Most championship clubs lost money.

How do you make a small fortune?

Start off by having a large one and owning a football club.

It varies from season to season but pre-Covid, most PL clubs either broke even or made a small profit. Most championship clubs lost money.
Your always chasing your tail in football (as Wilder said "stand still &go backwoods)the likes of us pro b
ably never will. Teams at the top o nly stay there due to the investment of rich owners.
The cost of one world class player will wipe out most teams profits,staying ahead of the pack costs millions

I know someone who ran off with the Christmas club money so the answer is yes.

Simon Jordan is the man to ask. Spoke well about this subject on Talksport. He lost most of his money in 10 years at Palace, but reckons there's a few reasons people want to go down this route. He's not everyone's cuppa but every time I hear him talk about football he talks sense and to the point. Straight talking and makes sense.

If it's that bad, why would anyone want to buy one, especially if they have no ties at all with the club ?

Back
Top Bottom