Lads Lads Lads. The accounts explained.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can't wait for all the forum accountants to pull this to bits and claim it's all a load of bollocks even though they have literally no clue whatsoever about finance or accountancy because Bob off Twitter disputes "where moneh's gone".
Yup. There's going to be a weeping and a gnashing of teeth if/when certain members watch this.
Prince Abby has us in good hands. :)

So Wilder had a choice of low transfer fees higher wages or high transfer fees lower wages but he wanted both interesting...

Is Darren the fella that left twitter after Wilder went cos he got dogs abuse from 'fans' because he sat next to the prince at a game once?

So Wilder went down the "We'll pay more for players, but offer them lower wages" route.

I hoped this was the return of our Darren but the lack of sex swing and gimp masks hanging up in the background, and that he didn't mention when we beat Bury 2-1 in 1988 and who scored for both teams means it wasn't.

Great video though. Thanks YorkBlade and Nick.

What Darren reveals at the end of this video is amazing and makes you feel proud to be a Blade. I only wish it had more coverage in the media.
Slightly odd that it hasn’t been picked up and reported. You do feel that if it was the other side of the city it would have had its own report whereas we don’t seem to even get a last paragraph passing mention.

So Wilder went down the "We'll pay more for players, but offer them lower wages" route.
The answer to that is “it depends”. That’s one explanation for why we bought high and paid (relatively) low wages.

However the strategy from the board might have been to buy young players with a potential future value if sold. You don’t get this with older players or loan players on high wages.

The stattos say that wages have the highest bearing on where you finish in the league pyramid and transfer fees have a much smaller bearing.

Therefore if anyone at the club had any sense they’d have signed players on higher wages to try and guarantee league position. Last year we overachieved with the lowest wage bill. As we’ve probably got the lowest wage bill this season we’ve finished where statistically we should have.

The answer to that is “it depends”. That’s one explanation for why we bought high and paid (relatively) low wages.

However the strategy from the board might have been to buy young players with a potential future value if sold. You don’t get this with older players or loan players on high wages.

The stattos say that wages have the highest bearing on where you finish in the league pyramid and transfer fees have a much smaller bearing.

Therefore if anyone at the club had any sense they’d have signed players on higher wages to try and guarantee league position. Last year we overachieved with the lowest wage bill. As we’ve probably got the lowest wage bill this season we’ve finished where statistically we should have.
But the feeling before thos season was Wilder was so good he could overcome that. He wasn't the lowest paid manager.

I think everyone at the club overestimated their abilities

But the feeling before thos season was Wilder was so good he could overcome that. He wasn't the lowest paid manager.

I think everyone at the club overestimated their abilities
Probably based on the fact that he’d overcome it in 2 of the previous 3 seasons. His strike rate has now dropped to 2 in 4 seasons.

I wasn't criticising him. He'd done an amazing job. I just think everyone at the club ignored what happened post Xmas 19 when we really stopped creating chances
I know, but some people will jump on your comments and use it to criticise. In reality there was a massive overstatement of his and the teams’ abilities after last season. A lot of people were talking about a top 7 finish this season, it was never going to happen with the resources we have.

I know, but some people will jump on your comments and use it to criticise. In reality there was a massive overstatement of his and the teams’ abilities after last season. A lot of people were talking about a top 7 finish this season, it was never going to happen with the resources we have.
My guess was 14th and 43 points which would have been an amazing achievement.

Was a good listen this. It goes to show that the myth he hasn’t put any of his own money in was a poor excuse from Wilder and his friends.

I loved that Wilder pushed for more and more to benefit his starting 11 but I just wish he’d concentrated on what he was good at like he did at the start.

Who's going to write the summary so I don't have to watch it? No offence Hal but 25 minutes!!
Not sure if serious but...

• £38m to buy the stadium, less than expected
  • expect a loss in 20/21 with wages up significantly and revenue down £20-£30m (from £143m in 19/20)
  • relegation reduces TV money from £117m to £42m
  • existing players got significant wage rises (Sharp, Norwood, McGoldrick, Baldock, Basham)
  • new signings had more paid up front than we would probably have wanted: £49m of £71m plus £11m in contingent liabilities, most of which would probably have been due when we stayed up (McBurnie, Mousset called out but I would imagine you can add Freeman and Robinson to the list)
  • we spent £7m on agents
  • borrowing is standard practice (in our case, as with many others, from MacQuarie Bank) to cover working capital requirements between TV payments
  • HRH put £21m in (goes against the standard narrative)
  • we donated £3.4m to charities - more should be made of this!

Not sure if serious but...

• £38m to buy the stadium, less than expected
  • expect a loss in 20/21 with wages up significantly and revenue down £20-£30m (from £143m in 19/20)
  • relegation reduces TV money from £117m to £42m
  • existing players got significant wage rises (Sharp, Norwood, McGoldrick, Baldock, Basham)
  • new signings had more paid up front than we would probably have wanted: £49m of £71m plus £11m in contingent liabilities, most of which would probably have been due when we stayed up (McBurnie, Mousset called out but I would imagine you can add Freeman and Robinson to the list)
  • we spent £7m on agents
  • borrowing is standard practice (in our case, as with many others, from MacQuarie Bank) to cover working capital requirements between TV payments
  • HRH put £21m in (goes against the standard narrative)
  • we donated £3.4m to charities - more should be made of this!
Like whore! ;)

Back
Top Bottom