Match Thread Sheffield United v. Aston Villa - 3rd March 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

With a depleted defence due to injuries,3 midfielders that have yet to score a goal makes this is a tough game to win.

I had to look up who a couple of the Villa players are.

Team is as you'd expect. I'd have started Burke against Mings and Konsa. Think there are mistakes to be had there.

Team is as you'd expect. I'd have started Burke against Mings and Konsa. Think there are mistakes to be had there.
Watched Brewster for the u21’s a few weeks ago and he has Plenty of pace when he stretches his legs

3-5-2 tonight then.

Doubt Villa will be able to work out how to play against that.

Definitely a mistake or two in Mings, Konsa is rock solid and is by far Villa's best defender. He rarely puts a foot wrong. Elmo is starting at RB though. Elmo is 34. A bit of pace against Elmo and he struggles. Also, with Traore in front of Elmo the danger is greater as Traore is exciting going forward put he tends to forget that defending is also part of the game

Wish it was full time now.
Actually, I really wish this season had finished now. Not coping well with the Blades even though we've seen it all before.
Come on Toytown.

Breaking news.
Iceland. Volcano due to erupt. Only a small volcano, don't panic.

Prediction time.

We'll be suitably scrappy and lacklustre but "grow into the game" until we reach the lofty heights of looking like we might hold on and snatch a point. then mid second half, Norwood will have one of his Russell Crow at the end of Gladiator episodes and, thinking he's in Elysium, pass the ball straight to McGinn.

McGinn will seem to be clean through on goal only to be viciously scythed down by one of Jag's stray leg hairs. As he writhes around on the floor, contemplating the end of his career, Ref will point to the spot and he'll get better. Watkins steps up, hammers it at the crossbar where it bounces out to Ramsdale. Unfortunately Hawkeye will go off though and the ref will have no choice but to give it.

Prediction time.

We'll be suitably scrappy and lacklustre but "grow into the game" until we reach the lofty heights of looking like we might hold on and snatch a point. then mid second half, Norwood will have one of his Russell Crow at the end of Gladiator episodes and, thinking he's in Elysium, pass the ball straight to McGinn.

McGinn will seem to be clean through on goal only to be viciously scythed down by one of Jag's stray leg hairs. As he writhes around on the floor, contemplating the end of his career, Ref will point to the spot and he'll get better. Watkins steps up, hammers it at the crossbar where it bounces out to Ramsdale. Unfortunately Hawkeye will go off though and the ref will have no choice but to give it.
Lucky for Villa then that Watkins doesn't take our penalties.

This could be the start of the greatest comeback in the history of PL relegation battles, but if we don't win this one I don't see how we're gonna turn it around.

Let's do this!

Fucking Villa cheats!
Thought I’d get it off my chest.
Last season they knew the ball was over the line and they pretended it wasn’t.
Fucking scum.

Back
Top Bottom