Match Thread Sheffield United v. Aston Villa - 3rd March 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1614718336614.png v. 1614718346961.png
EPL Week 26 - Wednesday 3rd March 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-aston-villa.537/

Officials:

Referee:
Robert Jones
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Tony Harrington
Video Assistant Referee: Graham Scott
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Lee Betts

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 20.52.43.png

I have a feeling if Grealish isnt playing this might be another win. McGinn in the last match did okay but they seemed to lack something going forward.

Martinez

Elmohamady
Konsa
Mings
Targett

Nakamba
McGinn
Barkley

Traore
Watkins
El Ghazi

Think it'll be a draw or you'll sneak it.

I live in South Staffs, a massive Villa area, please can we win this one tonight lads?!
If Mousset is fit - is he on the bench - then he needs to make an appearance, if we want to try and get a win.

Our biggest defeat coming tonite,way too many goalscorer's in the Villa team that are in form,us on the other hand,will look to a ball boy and chicken chaser to get the goals,if #3 has the team right.

Nearly spat my drink on my screen 😂
I know the make-up of our bench is open to a great deal of interest, excitement, bewilderment although little real anticipation even if we manage to get a full quota on it - however, as Mousset was warming it for thevLiverpool game I had this really stupid and naive idea that it meant he was capable of playing or at least contributing even a little.
As he is probably our most capable and naturally talented attacking player on his day, I simply but foolishly thought that ........ well, you know.

I know the make-up of our bench is open to a great deal of interest, excitement, bewilderment although little real anticipation even if we manage to get a full quota on it - however, as Mousset was warming it for thevLiverpool game I had this really stupid and naive idea that it meant he was capable of playing or at least contributing even a little.
As he is probably our most capable and naturally talented attacking player on his day, I simply but foolishly thought that ........ well, you know.
Putting people on the bench ”who can only do 10 minutes” seems to be a thing these days. I’m still marvelling at the stat I’ve read that he’s only completed 90 minutes once in his entire professional career. Likely fake news, but I did wonder...

McBurnie and Sharp up top for me, our proven midfield trio of Lundstram-Norwood-Fleck, and five across the back

Keep Burke and Brewster on the bench for 75 minutes, on no account give any of our young players a chance to show what they can do.

Keeo the score down to 2-0, talk about “fine margins” and how we can’t compete with Villa on wages.

The system works - don’t tinker with it!

They will win easily. Our team is very poor and they are playing a system that doesn't work for them, and our manager has basically given up.

0-2 if we are lucky. McBurnie to miss another free header at some point. Burke to fall over when well placed.

The only benefit of Covid has been the huge amount of football on TV and I get to see loads of games. I am not a Blades fan but I think I have only missed one Blades game this season. Anyway, having watched the Blades defence I just can't see how you will be able to handle Watkins and as such I expect Villa will score. That means Blades need to score to get something out of the game and that is not something that happens too often. But, Billy Sharp has scored in each of his last 3 starts at Bramall Lane. If Billy plays and is in form, then maybe Villa will not win, otherwise a 0-2 win for the visiting side.

The only benefit of Covid has been the huge amount of football on TV
That's a downside of covid for me. Football becoming a 'tv product' is not something that I consider to be a good thing. The growth of the 'armchair expert' has been terrible for the game. Football should be an experience, not just something you can flick on while you're bored.

That's a downside of covid for me. Football becoming a 'tv product' is not something that I consider to be a good thing. The growth of the 'armchair expert' has been terrible for the game. Football should be an experience, not just something you can flick on while you're bored.

Spot on.

It's become a product, something you feel no more connection to than you do to which brand of washing tabs you buy. How far away are we from "buy West Ham vs Chelsea and get 300 Nectar Points". My guess, not very.

You just can't replicate the experience, it's about so much more than what is presented on a screen, with fake noise added for effect. All the important bits have been taken away.

It's like comparing having a wank to making love to a woman, all the good bits are missing...............

I have to agree with you on a lot of that. The growth of the armchair expert is terrible for the game and it is ruining football blogs. It used to be that people could have a proper discussion about football, selection, formation, substitutes, a plan B etc. Now, it is very extreme views that are clearly just rehashed versions of what people read from NewsNow or get from some pundits. People are no longer permitted to have opinions and I really don't like that.
But, not being able to leave the house or meet friends and with the pubs closed, I am happy that there is lots of good football on TV to enjoy and then hopefully chat about with some non-armchair experts. I really enjoyed City v Wolves last night. Their ability to move up a gear when 1-1 was amazing and the quality of their football is a joy to watch. Obviously, as a Villa fan, I am really looking forward to this evening but I am also looking forward to Everton & Baggies and Man Utd & Palace. In previous years I saw very little of 'other' teams playing, I only really saw the highlights. But now I feel I have more of an appreciation for how good / bad other teams are and what sort of football they play. For example, if u just look at the results u would think Brighton are shyte. But they are so unlucky and play some nice football, they just can't score. Also, Palace, if any team deserves to be relegated this season it is Palace. They play the worst football in the league. It is horrible stuff.

Spot on.

It's become a product, something you feel no more connection to than you do to which brand of washing tabs you buy. How far away are we from "buy West Ham vs Chelsea and get 300 Nectar Points". My guess, not very.

You just can't replicate the experience, it's about so much more than what is presented on a screen, with fake noise added for effect. All the important bits have been taken away.

It's like comparing having a wank to making love to a woman, all the good bits are missing...............
And the idea of the European Super league will not help that either. The money and distribution of money is hurting the leagues and will probably kill off a lot of lower leagues and smaller clubs before we get to a better place. I do like the European Competitions but the Champions League should be just that, 'The Champions League' and not 'The Forth Placed Runners Up League'

But, if my team ever qualify for the Runners Up League I expect I will be very happy and will enjoy it

And the idea of the European Super league will not help that either. The money and distribution of money is hurting the leagues and will probably kill off a lot of lower leagues and smaller clubs before we get to a better place. I do like the European Competitions but the Champions League should be just that, 'The Champions League' and not 'The Forth Placed Runners Up League'

But, if my team ever qualify for the Runners Up League I expect I will be very happy and will enjoy it

That has been one of my bones of contention since it came about. How can you have a "Champions League" when all you have to do to get in it is finish fourth? LEague Champions and domestic cup holders yes, they have a trophy. But a team that could finish 20 points behind the winners and still be described as "champions"? It's bollocks is what it is.

Thought you'd only missed one of our games?
HaHa, I honestly think you guys play better football that Palace. When they have Zaha fit he is able to make something happen but when he is not playing it is awful stuff altogether. My view on SU is that there is just a lack of quality, particularly up front but you only lose by the odd goal which could be considered a tad unlucky, particularly when u look at the injuries u have at the back. Palace don't even try to lump the ball forward to Benteke, at least u try to get the ball to McB but he is simply not a PL quality player. They beat Brighton 2-1 with a 94th min winner. They had only two touches in the Brighton box in the entire game.

The only benefit of Covid has been the huge amount of football on TV and I get to see loads of games. I am not a Blades fan but I think I have only missed one Blades game this season. Anyway, having watched the Blades defence I just can't see how you will be able to handle Watkins and as such I expect Villa will score. That means Blades need to score to get something out of the game and that is not something that happens too often. But, Billy Sharp has scored in each of his last 3 starts at Bramall Lane. If Billy plays and is in form, then maybe Villa will not win, otherwise a 0-2 win for the visiting side.
Stop watching us.

That has been one of my bones of contention since it came about. How can you have a "Champions League" when all you have to do to get in it is finish fourth? LEague Champions and domestic cup holders yes, they have a trophy. But a team that could finish 20 points behind the winners and still be described as "champions"? It's bollocks is what it is.
Yeah, it is a big bone of contention with me too. Europa League for domestic cup winners and Champions League for just the Champions is the way it should be in my opinion. Wolves finished 7th last season and qualified for Europa. There are only bloody 20 teams and 7 qualified for Europe, that is more than 1 in 3 teams qualifying for Europe. The money and exposure with Europe is huge and it is no wonder the domestic cups are now treated like pre-season friendlies by the big clubs.

I have to agree with you on a lot of that. The growth of the armchair expert is terrible for the game and it is ruining football blogs. It used to be that people could have a proper discussion about football, selection, formation, substitutes, a plan B etc. Now, it is very extreme views that are clearly just rehashed versions of what people read from NewsNow or get from some pundits. People are no longer permitted to have opinions and I really don't like that.
But, not being able to leave the house or meet friends and with the pubs closed, I am happy that there is lots of good football on TV to enjoy and then hopefully chat about with some non-armchair experts. I really enjoyed City v Wolves last night. Their ability to move up a gear when 1-1 was amazing and the quality of their football is a joy to watch. Obviously, as a Villa fan, I am really looking forward to this evening but I am also looking forward to Everton & Baggies and Man Utd & Palace. In previous years I saw very little of 'other' teams playing, I only really saw the highlights. But now I feel I have more of an appreciation for how good / bad other teams are and what sort of football they play. For example, if u just look at the results u would think Brighton are shyte. But they are so unlucky and play some nice football, they just can't score. Also, Palace, if any team deserves to be relegated this season it is Palace. They play the worst football in the league. It is horrible stuff.
I'm a bad example because I really don't watch any football other than the 90 minutes of abject misery that the Blades inflict every now and again (twice this week FFS!). I bet I've watched 120 mins of other games in total. It's a shame because I used to watch anything going when it came to football.

I'm now at the point where I only know who plays for the opposition due to FPL or when they play against the Blades.

I'm not in the 'fuck football' camp but I'm just not overly interested at the moment.

there is always positivity. because we still getting into attacking positions & creating chances. problem being when we get there. like burke through on goal 1 on 1 with we cock it up & other teams capitalize in game situations

Back
Top Bottom