New training building

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you get relegated it won't be built anytime soon either. With Covid about nobody knows when fans will return. In the Championship they are the lifeblood of any club.

My club has had to put on hold increasing the capacity of the Amex by a further 1750 seats making our ground bigger than yours. Our aim is to reach 32500 so we can hold senior England internationals there.

On another note our training ground is one of the best in the country. I've been there and it's a thing of beauty. The whole infrastructure of my club is world class.

What is the point in you, a Brighton fan, bragging for? Your club may be in a stronger position than us on and off the field but it won't last forever!

We are very likely to go down this season but I'm not too daunted about that at the moment because having Chris Wilder as our manager makes me much more relaxed for our future. CW is a born winner and if we bounce back under him he will not settle for just trying to survive relegation every season like yourselves have more or less done since getting promoted. Our Chris demands continual development and progression as he has more ambition than just to be relegation fodder.

As for stadium capacities, even when/if you do increase to 32,500 that is still officially lower than our 32,700. Besides I still can't see you having full capacity @ 32,500 for most matches just like we don't @32,700 so again, what is there to brag about?

Yes BHA have established in the PL so far, so congratulations on becoming the new Wigan Athletic but just like them it won't last for you.

What is the point in you, a Brighton fan, bragging for? Your club may be in a stronger position than us on and off the field but it won't last forever!

We are very likely to go down this season but I'm not too daunted about that at the moment because having Chris Wilder as our manager makes me much more relaxed for our future. CW is a born winner and if we bounce back under him he will not settle for just trying to survive relegation every season like yourselves have more or less done since getting promoted. Our Chris demands continual development and progression as he has more ambition than just to be relegation fodder.

As for stadium capacities, even when/if you do increase to 32,500 that is still officially lower than our 32,700. Besides I still can't see you having full capacity @ 32,500 for most matches just like we don't @32,700 so again, what is there to brag about?

Yes BHA have established in the PL so far, so congratulations on becoming the new Wigan Athletic but just like them it won't last for you.
You clearly don't know your own club. Your capacity is less than 32200 according to Google and other sources. Prove me wrong.

What else am I suppose to do during lockdown? I must have watched our wins over Liverpool and Spurs about a 1000 times now. Not to mention reading other clubs forums.
Did you know you spent over 60 million on transfers last summer while we spent less than a million on first team players. Just goes to show it's not all about money.
Haha fair enough.

However I'm certain your starting eleven is vastly more expensive than ours. Trossard, Bassouma, Webster etc etc.

Haha fair enough.

However I'm certain your starting eleven is vastly more expensive than ours. Trossard, Bassouma, Webster etc etc.
You spent more on one player than us. Brewster cost 23 million. Our highest is around 20 million on Webster.
Let's be honest here Brewster has been a major flop. We have had a few of them for good money

What else am I suppose to do during lockdown? I must have watched our wins over Liverpool and Spurs about a 1000 times now. Not to mention reading other clubs forums.
Did you know you spent over 60 million on transfers last summer while we spent less than a million on first team players. Just goes to show it's not all about money.
😂😂😂🎣. You spent more than that to get promoted.

If you get relegated it won't be built anytime soon either. With Covid about nobody knows when fans will return. In the Championship they are the lifeblood of any club.

My club has had to put on hold increasing the capacity of the Amex by a further 1750 seats making our ground bigger than yours. Our aim is to reach 32500 so we can hold senior England internationals there.

On another note our training ground is one of the best in the country. I've been there and it's a thing of beauty. The whole infrastructure of my club is world class.
Well we are making our seats narrower thus increacing our capacity to 33000. At a stroke we will be holding the senior England internationals you were hoping for, without making the ground bigger. So there.

You spent more on one player than us. Brewster cost 23 million. Our highest is around 20 million on Webster.
Let's be honest here Brewster has been a major flop. We have had a few of them for good money
Whilst it's positive that while you're on here your sister is safe from your unwanted attentions, it's probably time to fuck off now mate.

Well we are making our seats narrower thus increacing our capacity to 33000. At a stroke we will be holding the senior England internationals you were hoping for, without making the ground bigger. So there.
Won't happen if you get relegated trust me.So revert to my original question

Well it's not £23m up front (if ever). And he's not going to underachieve for his entire contract. He's a kid.

Anyway you spent loads in previous transfer windows as you well know! Good owner and club though. But maybe come in peace, with respect.

The Amex!!!

The only Premier League ground where the atmosphere has actually improved in the last 11 months!!!
Stop stealing my jokes 😁

If the infrastructure is world class then it's an even bigger pity that the aim is to finish 17th each season.

Jahanbaksh for £17m (£1m less than Brewster) had been a roaring success, hasn't he? And where's £15m Locadia and £14m Izquierdo? Oh yeah, on loan at FC Cincinnati and disappeared without trace respectively.

Last edited:
Well it's not £23m up front (if ever). And he's not going to underachieve for his entire contract. He's a kid.

Anyway you spent loads in previous transfer windows as you well know! Good owner and club though. But maybe come in peace, with respect.
I'm always respectful. Some folks on here don't like the truth. All started with Maupay and Burnie thread which again I was proved right.

Shame it's not filtered through to the fanbase.

Noticed in the recent social media stuff all the gym equipment has been moved to the indoor pitch. Anyone know if they've broken ground on the new building?
The gym is down in the same building as the indoor pitch/academy rather than the first team building that's being replaced. So I'd guess they're either refurbing the gym or just want the extra space as the gym isn't particularly big.

Stop stealing my jokes 😁

If the infrastructure is world class then it's an even bigger pity that the aim is to finish 17th each season.

Jahanbaksh for £17m (£1m less than Brewster) had been a roaring success, hasn't he? And where's £15m Locadia and £14m Izquierdo? Oh yeah, on loan at FC Cincinnati and disappeared without trace respectively.
Only 7 clubs who have never been relegated from the Premier league and Brighton is one of them

1ec6fb5195f1fea8d57438316b79192d.gif

Your wage bill is double ours............

2775bc4a7e7be0a0d81401e7e42af054.gif

You clearly don't know your own club. Your capacity is less than 32200 according to Google and other sources. Prove me wrong.

It's official capacity has been just over 32,700 since 2006/2007.

While today it stands less than that to accommodate the media and some rows having been netted off I don't get why you'd argue over just a few hundred seats?

When your expansion happens you're going to be at 32,500. When ours happens (granted not until we ever establish in the PL) our expansion plans will take us to between 36k-40k.

If you want to brag that you'll have around 500 more seats be my guest, but it's completely small fry where stadium capacities are concerned and as I've just pointed out it will only be temporary anyway as we'll eventually trump it comfortably.

Maybe you're spending less to recoup the £67m loss last year?

Shame about the plastic fans

You're still consistently fighting relegation every year.
And for the foreseeable future. That's the Premier league for you. I must say though I'm confident we will have a much better season next year. Some of our kids are exceptional. Just need another striker to help out Maupay.

Back
Top Bottom