Roy's View From... Plymouth Fans Views On The Fa Cup Draw

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

McEveley’s defending. Those were the days.

Another of those players who give the lie to the oft repeated fallacy that a manager’s assessment of a player is always far superior to that of any fan .

He conned both Clough and Adkins , the latter to the extent of making him the captain of our club , whilst I and others like me had sussed him out after about three matches .

Reading the comments you'd think they had some history of actually doing anything in the game.. Do they think they're Portsmouth or something.

Why wouldn't they think an upset is on the cards, we're having an awful season and the Cup likes to throw in the odd upset. Nothing billy big bollocks about it.

Cheers Roy.
Some people are very previous, had roles been reversed, we’d be well up for this. Do we not remember our cup runs of yesteryear and what we were saying?

This.

I'd be up for it if I was them too.

Best way to put them back in their box is find some form and confidence, act like a Premiership team

Plymouth is a looooooong bus ride, especially if hotels are shut 🤔

And regarding their attitude, Bristol Rovers gave us a tough game and Plymouth are better than them.

Plymouth is a looooooong bus ride, especially if hotels are shut 🤔

And regarding their attitude, Bristol Rovers gave us a tough game and Plymouth are better than them.
They aren’t that much better. Sure they’re 4 points better off than Bristol Rovers but they’ve also played 3 more games!

Cant really blame any side for fancying a win against us. We just need to be professional again and hopefully the quality shines through. They do seem more confident of beating us than Bristol City/Millwall though, which is odd. And it seemingly isn't just the PL's exclusive 1992 club who just call us Sheffield. Although a few of our fans were calling Rovers just Bristol.

Thanks Roy.

Blimey though, who do they think they support, the pigs?

They do realise they support Plymouth Argyle? Plymouth Argyle who are 15th in League 1!

i dont blame them being confident, if in 2014 we had got this draw as L1 side i would be optimistic of a quarter final place. but they dont have a good record in the fa cup, 1st time in the 4th round since 2008, & only the 3rd time since 94/95 season

i enjoyed the funny comments, thinking we are going to put out our kids yeah because this year of all years is the year to concentrate on the league & that we will be on BBC. i love the idea of BBC have got Cheltenham v Man City, Man Utd v Liverpool, Chorley v Wolves, Wycombe v Spurs, Brentford V Leicester. their going to pick sheff utd v plymouth 😄

What they don't realise is that CW plays very strong teams in cup games against LOWER league opposition to give the club the best opportunity not to be the main talking point of that round...............ie: Leeds last round.

UTB

What they don't realise is that CW plays very strong teams in cup games against LOWER league opposition to give the club the best opportunity not to be the main talking point of that round...............ie: Leeds last round.

UTB
There's only two examples but I wouldn't say Wilder plays "very strong teams" against lower league opposition. He uses the squad - senior pros but generally those who aren't first choice.

United 0-1 Barnet in 2019 (league apps in brackets): Moore (0); Cranie (9+6), Stearman (3+13), Bryan (0); Freeman (20), Lundstram (5+5), Coutts (1_12), Dowell (8+8), Johnson (3+8); Washington (3+12), Clarke (9+15).

United 6-0 Leyton Orient in 2017: Ramsdale (0); Basham (42+1), Wright (27+2), O'Connell (40+4); Freeman (39+2), Coutts (40+3), Fleck (41+3), Lafferty (37); Scougall (6+19), Duffy (38+1); Chapman (0+12)

There's only two examples but I wouldn't say Wilder plays "very strong teams" against lower league opposition. He uses the squad - senior pros but generally those who aren't first choice.

United 0-1 Barnet in 2019 (league apps in brackets): Moore (0); Cranie (9+6), Stearman (3+13), Bryan (0); Freeman (20), Lundstram (5+5), Coutts (1_12), Dowell (8+8), Johnson (3+8); Washington (3+12), Clarke (9+15).

United 6-0 Leyton Orient in 2017: Ramsdale (0); Basham (42+1), Wright (27+2), O'Connell (40+4); Freeman (39+2), Coutts (40+3), Fleck (41+3), Lafferty (37); Scougall (6+19), Duffy (38+1); Chapman (0+12)

Ferrrrkinell. Rammers kept a clean sheet!!!

Back
Top Bottom